Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Animal Lovers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all animal lovers and pet owners 

Tags: animal lovers, pets, animals, cats birds dogs fish reptile, official animal lovers guild 

Reply Main Forum
Bettas, Ratties, and Expos, Oh My! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:52 pm
lol, its hard for me too. i dont want to get anymore boys so im waiting until they all die off so i can get girls. not that i dont love my boys, they are my babies and they come before even the fiance  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:06 am
I wouldn't mind trying a couple of boys... I've heard they're calmer (albeit stinkier and bigger) than females. Can you not have boys and girls in the same house without someone being neutered or spayed? Or can you just not get another cage?

I'm trying to hold off, mostly, because I want to make sure I can take care of these guys right before I commit to even more of them. I've always had issues keeping up on hamster and mouse cages/tanks... That's the one thing that's always kept me from getting rats in the first place.  

Foofy_Miru

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:14 am
well ive already got 4 rats and thats 4 more than my dad would like in his house. until i move in with the fiance its just the rats i have now.

i do have a couple of spare cages though twisted

but i plan on just getting 2 or 3 girls. the boys housed together are super messy and need a bath nearly each week (water only so they dont dry out) the 2 youngest like to mix their pee and poo together on the top shelf and sleep and play in it. my lone boy is very clean and he hardy ever needs a bath. but yeah, the 2 youngest usually look like filthy sewer rats XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:18 pm
EWW... You know, I think I'll just stick with my not-so-messy girls, thanks.. LOL!

Apparently, I have some happy betta boys... They're both making bubble nests! (How disappointing for them, though, that they're not going to get to make babies. Hahaha!)  

Foofy_Miru

ade4

6,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:53 am
omg do u live in canada?! if so, where? can i visit u?! the pets are so many! i only have a cat...i wont bring him.XD ur rats might beat him up.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:22 pm
So, kind of an update...

First, the sad news: Rats are SO not the pet for me. Well, rodents in general aren't. This is my third time giving rodents a try (first was a hamster, second were the mice), and the third time was not the charm. =( So, I'm rehoming the girls to someone who will keep up on their cage better, will get them out more often, and, more importantly, can stand the STINK! Yuck. Oh, and Papaya wasn't pregnant. =(

Anyway, the bettas are still doing well. They're both in bowls right now, though... Turns out the plants I got for the 10 gal had pond snails on it, so the pond snails ate the plant and took over the tank. Oops. Moved the blue guy to a bowl for now, since I probably need to cycle the tank first, anyway, and the current from the filter was WAY too strong for the little guy without the plant blocking some of it. Now, if I could convince my brother to stop dumping food in there and fouling up the bowls so much. . .

ade4
omg do u live in canada?! if so, where? can i visit u?! the pets are so many! i only have a cat...i wont bring him.XD ur rats might beat him up.

Huh? Does who live in Canada? I don't, if that's what you mean...  

Foofy_Miru

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces