Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:55 am
I has it. I just finished the Inferno and am starting the purgatorio.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 am
I wanted to eat a gun when I chose Inferno to do a book report on. The man makes references to "well known" things five hundred years dead. Like the leopard, the lion, and the she-wolf. Also, it ******** drags. And the language was confusing as hell.

Niven's Inferno was a hundred times better. Roughly the same story, but much more modern.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 am
Fresnel
I wanted to eat a gun when I chose Inferno to do a book report on. The man makes references to "well known" things five hundred years dead. Like the leopard, the lion, and the she-wolf. Also, it ******** drags. And the language was confusing as hell.

Niven's Inferno was a hundred times better. Roughly the same story, but much more modern.

The book I have has a summary of each canto so it makes it eaiser to read. I can see how not having that would make it fustrating  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:41 am
hockeyboy96
Fresnel

The book I have has a summary of each canto so it makes it eaiser to read. I can see how not having that would make it fustrating
Mine had footnotes... IN THE BACK OF THE BOOK. Flipping back and forth got really old after about two pages, so I stuck it out without the footnotes unless I was utterly lost.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 pm
I loved Inferno- I've read it three times. I've read through Purgatorio once, and I'm trying to read it a second time. I've never finished Paradisio.

The version I have also has a summary of the Canto at it's end.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:11 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I loved Inferno- I've read it three times. I've read through Purgatorio once, and I'm trying to read it a second time. I've never finished Paradisio.

it turns out that the Pugatorio is the least mentioned,least quoted,and least known book in the series,I wonder why  

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:44 pm
hockeyboy96
Requiem in Mortis

it turns out that the Pugatorio is the least mentioned,least quoted,and least known book in the series,I wonder why
Yea, it says that in the beginning of the version I have. It's a bit disappointing, after having read Inferno.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:53 am
Requiem in Mortis
hockeyboy96
Requiem in Mortis

Yea, it says that in the beginning of the version I have. It's a bit disappointing, after having read Inferno.

Well the inferno was kinda like hate and punishment,whereas the others are like love,acceptance and repentment. so if someone was reading it just to see how harsh it is then I guess they would be disapointed  

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm
Iv been trying to find a copy of that for years!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:45 pm
Orkronos
Iv been trying to find a copy of that for years!

I got my set at Barnes&Noble.  

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items