Welcome to Gaia! ::

Crime & Investigation Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those interested in crime, criminology and forensic science. 

Tags: murder, criminal, forensics, serial killers, crime 

Reply Real Crime And Justice Discussion
Crime scene reconstruction Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:27 pm
Well, okay, in that case I would think that the white shirt works in the building then.
And he steals some money from the building, stuffing it into his pockets. He is discovered by a guard, who he stabs, but before he dies he gets shot himself.

Am I getting close now? gonk  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 6:21 pm
You are getting closer. Change the job for the blue shirt and make white shirt more subtle, but stabbing is correct and shooting is correct. But being stabbed limits shooting ability. The blue shirt wouldn't be able to get off a good enough shot, or at least he wouldn't likely.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:08 pm
Sorry, but how am I supposed to work all this out from the original clues? xd

Well, clearly the blue guy must have shot him in some form or another, otherwise if he hadn't and whitey had say, shot himself, there would be clear evidence indicating this.

Maybe whitey snuck up on bluey, who is now a cop. Stabs him to prevent being discovered and is then shot by him in his death throws.

THERE. scream  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 am
Blue is a cop. White stabbed him. THIS particular blue shirt didn't shoot him. (What do cops always travel in?) White was stealing, but his crime was alot longer than just opening a safe.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:37 am
Oh, I guess his partner shot him then. Or his gun CAME TO LIFE and shot the stabber itself! Go gun, go!
But then again cops travel in cars... Is the car a transformer? :0

And now there's a safe involved?! That wasn't in the original brief! gonk So.. Longer than just opening a safe.. Taking out all the stuff from inside? Like a huuuge bank vault! Stuffed with cash!
Hell man, I dunno!  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:37 pm
His partner did shoot the white collar, because they went into the white collar's building. There was no safe though.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:51 pm
So what takes longer to open a safe then?
Bearing in mind there were no clues about this at the crime scene! evil

Was he printing the money out? Downloading it from the internet? Just going through the building, finding cash and stuffing it into his pockets. Somehow he ended up with lots of cash in his pockets.

(I am going to make such a difficult case for you to solve when we sort this one out!!! twisted )  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:30 pm
You've come so amazingly far on othing, I'll finish the story. The white shirt was embezzling money from the company. *Embezzling take much more time than short term robbery depending on your preparation and the type.* He was almost caught he tried to escape. he got a knife from the kitchen (Because interviewing people in the lunch room is so much fun.) The first cop got stabbed, the next one shot. The paper in each person's pocket was a note pad for the police, and for the white collar, the paper was a balenced checkbook describing transactions he had made from the company. (Pretty strong evidence.) He panicked and the idiot ran. I would say that considering you guessed you solved it. CONGRATZ! biggrin  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:51 pm
Thanks Christ for that! xd

Okay, my turn.

You are called to the scene of a suspicious death. A young man is found hanging in some woods, an apparent suicide. However, the detective on the scene has asked to speak to you as he believes the victim has been strangled and it has been made to look like a hanging to cover up the crime.

He wants you to explain to him what would indicate if it was a hanging or a strangling.

To help in your investigation, hypostasis (settling of the blood) has set in. The blood has settled in the back of the head, top of the neck and in the victims hands and feed (which are hanging down, as he has like.. Been properly strung up!).
Also, both methods cause death by asphyxiation, so it's the unique injuries the detective is interested in.

Lemme know if you need me to clarify any facts! Now, apply that knowledge! Gogogogo!  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 pm
Alright my first round of questions (If irrelevant you don't need to answer):

-was his neck snapped?
-was he depressed (use of antidepressants like prozac, or paxil)?
-was alcohol at the scene?
-were there eight bruises on the back of the neck, that is to say there are spaces between the bruises or is it one continuous bruise?
-were there injuries on the skull?
-were there injuries anywhere else on the body.
-other than rope were there any items at the scene?
-what was on his person?
-Was there skin under his nails?
-were his eyes bloodshot; if so, all red or just slightly?
-Was the rope large or small?
-What was his occupation?
-What was his age?
-Did he have a girlfriend?
-Did he meet anyone before this event? If so, how long before?
-Did he have any drugs in his system?
-Was there a stool there or anything to elevate him off the ground?
-were any of the branches bent slightly at the intersection with the tree?

I know it's alot (I'm sorry sweatdrop biggrin ) but I like to use premises.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

Annie Anthrax
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:53 pm
-was his neck snapped? Nope. If he WAS hanged (not that he was or was not...) it wouldn't have broken his neck.

-was he depressed (use of antidepressants like prozac, or paxil)? Not that we know of.

-was alcohol at the scene? No.

-were there eight bruises on the back of the neck, that is to say there are spaces between the bruises or is it one continuous bruise? Eight bruises? O_o Er, no?

-were there injuries on the skull? None are apparent.

-were there injuries anywhere else on the body. None are apparent.

-other than rope were there any items at the scene? A plastic carrier bag.

-what was on his person? Personal possessions (phone, keys, etc)

-Was there skin under his nails? No.

-were his eyes bloodshot; if so, all red or just slightly? Nope, but there are blotches from the cause of death (asphyxia).

-Was the rope large or small? It's just a rope.

-What was his occupation? We don't know.

-What was his age? Mid 20s.

-Did he have a girlfriend? We don't know.

-Did he meet anyone before this event? If so, how long before? We don't know.

-Did he have any drugs in his system? We don't know.

-Was there a stool there or anything to elevate him off the ground? The branch is only slightly off of the ground.

-were any of the branches bent slightly at the intersection with the tree? The branch is a stout one.

I understand where you are going with this, you behavioural scientist you. :p The reason we don't know some of these things is because you've like.. Just this second turned up at the crime scene!
Think more about the mechanics of injury involved in a hanging or a strangulation.
But you've asked pretty much all the questions you'd need to establish foul play or not.
I'm just.. You know.. Making it a bit harder. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:45 am
Hmmmm.... I see. I think I have an idea but I will ask a few more questions if I may:

-Carrying bag referrs to a ziploc or a small plastic sandwich bag correct?

-Where on the back of the neck was the bruise? Was there any bruising under his hair?

-was there dirt on the heels of his shoes? I'm referring to where the achilles heel is.

Ok to test this out I took a belt and lightly pulled it up. If he was stangled the bruising would be on the back of the neck as well. I then tightened the belt near the back. Even still most of the pressure was on the jaw/neck and the only prssure on the back was actually near the connecting lump that connects the skull to the spine. If he was stangled, it was probably from the back depending on how high the bruise is.  

Evan_or_L
Captain

DK The Medic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm
Upon reading the first page, I saw many....many......MANY grammar errors that sort of contradicted what they really meant. It was weird. Secondly, people who commit suicide do scream. They're normal, they're just taking their own lives. (Not the best argument BUT DAMNIT FEAR IS A HUMAN EMOTION AND HEIGHTS IS A GENERAL FEAR). I don't know if it was this topic or another one where you used the librarian example(It's late where I am, give me a break), but one of the unacceptable questions was "Was he running and got shot?" when you're acceptable answer was him running and getting shot.....that is all for my complaints. Sorry for being harsh or being a grammar nazi, I could do much more worse. Anyways I shall not play along with these situations and drop the complaints. smile  
Real Crime And Justice Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff