Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Hey, fellow gamers, serious discussion here.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:03 pm
I'm playing with RPG Maker VX. Right now, I'm making the monsters. But I want some discussion on how to arrange them in order of their power level. (No, not over nine thousand.) 'Cause I'm working with a bunch of monsters being built from scratch(as far as their stats and attacks are concerned) and it's pretty hectic. Does anyone wanna help with some discussion on where the monsters should be? Here's my full monster list:

((Monsters are arranged by series, from weakest to strongest.))
Angel - Valkyrie
Assassin - Ninja
Asura - Slayer
Brute - Ruffian
Bat - Vampire Bat
Bull Beast - Fenrir (the Behemoth graphic)
Knight - Fell Knight (Captain image)
Chimera - Shadow Beast
Dark Lord - Avenger
Stalker - Murderer (Death image)
Demon - Arch Demon
Wyvern - Flame/Ice/Sky Dragons(all three have the same power) - Gold Dragon
Terramancer (Earth spirit)
Pyromancer (Fire spirit)
Aquamancer (Water spirit)
Aeromancer (Wind spirit) (Elementals also generally even in power)
Mage - Dark Magus (Fanatic image)
Gargoyle - Wyrm
Roc - Phoenix
Executioner - Dark General (General image)
Ghost - Phantom
God
Goddess (similar to God)
Hornet - Poison Barb
Frost Witch
Djinn
Implet - Imp
Lamia - Gorgon
Sorceror - Warlock (Mage image)
Mimic (varies in strength 'cause it's a treasure chest)
Ogre - Troll
Goblin - Fiend (Orc image)
Heretic - Summoner (Priest image)
Rat - Lurker
Rogue - Criminal
Giant Fish - Sea Lord (Sahagin image)
Scorpion - Gold Armor
Skeleton - Blood Skulker
Slime(weakest monster) - Gelatin(do not eat)
Lizard - Desert Raider
Soldier - Keeper
Spider - Crimson Bite
Temptress - Succubus
Swordsman - Blade Master
Vampire - Bloodlust
Werewolf - Night Claw
Zombie - Toxic Bastiage
Tropic Bird - Stone Beak (Cockatrice image)

If you haven't played with RPG Maker VX, you probably don't know what the images mentioned mean or even look like. But if you've played plenty of RPGs, (mandatory reference to nitnit's blog here) you should be able to judge how powerful a monster could or should be.

P.S.: No tl;dr posts, please.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:04 pm
First off, and this might just be the image names, a -mancer is someone with control over the element and -mancy is performing and maintaining said control. Spirits are associated with direct connection to the element in question and are either composed completely out of the element or can transmute or transfigure their body with said element.

I.E.: Johnny Storm is a pyromancer, he can create, control, and manipulate fire. He, however, doesn't change in size or mass; he's still a squishy human being that just so happens to be engulfed in fire. One could theorize that if there was a fire that was hotter than he could control, he would be charred to a crisp, or at the very least burned. (with his powers being "limited" while on earth due to the risk of destroying the atmosphere and his ability to spawn fire IN SPACE, it's likely to say that Mr. Storm would have to jump into a star in order to achieve such a grizzly fate.)

I.E.: Dryads are forest folk that could be considered spirits. They commune with the forest and rely on it completely for their power. They are capable of transforming their entire bodily structure to meet their needs for self preservation, turning arms into thick branches to swing with, strands of hair into brier vines, skin to bark, or even their entire body into a collective of leaves or flower pedals. They can merge with trees and other plant life, making themselves stronger in the process. Whenever they "die", they simply become part of what they were protecting, part of what they were as an extension of the forest, recovering from injury so it can again become a sentient being.

I know I'm a nerd; I don't care at this point.

I'd imagine God/Goddess/Djinn being pretty close to final boss/hidden boss power; all three words are synonymous with diety. In classic games the player rarely interacts directly with the gods and Djinn are just bound gods that did something to piss off the other gods.  

Mirri the Sneak

Noble Noob

2,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:09 pm
Thanks for the input. At least you're giving valid discussion.

I am aware of what a -mancer is. Even though the images I used for the -mancers were named "spirits" I decided to rename them because they looked much like humans to me. But this is mostly nerds being a little nitpicky, like you kinda expressed. No big deal.

And actually, the God and Goddess are planned to be near-final bosses. I'm actually planning a two-in-one with the both of them.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games