Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:19 pm
I want to be a Publishing major, 'cuz I like books and stuff, with an Art minor. AFter that I really, really want a Master's in Japanese, maybe from University of Michigan...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:24 pm
A Masters in Japanese O.O dang, I'd be happy with just learning the difficult language XD  

Jenivi7

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:26 pm

Wow, you guys have some amazing goals. I have to go to the community college here for a year or so(though now they took community out of their name *rolls eyes*) So their the College of Southern Nevada now. I want to take something to learn how to write better. Hopefully my English course might help with that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:34 pm
My High school English class is crazy difficult. Not for me, but most public school kids who come just flunk the first quarter or more. Our grammar gets very, very technical. XP  

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:35 pm
*shrugs* I just know what I like to do and I want to help make a difference somehow. I know a lot of people in my grade who have no clue what they want to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:46 pm

Yeah...I'm hoping to leave an impact somehow on others. I want to help others or even be famous for my work. Either or both, I want to make a difference to people or even one person(in which case know I did).

I wish I had a class that would kick my butt and smack me for bad grammar until I learned. I don't mind hard work and pressure from teachers if they are good at what they do. I usually like the teachers that others don't. xD

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:57 pm
I'd love a class like that. I could finally pick up on some finer points I can never really grasp. That and when I edit the school paper I don't have to rewrite the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:16 pm
This year they schooled us so much on grammar so much now I sometimes am unsure of how many commas I need in a sentence. It sucks because I'm really good at English yet now I'm unsure of myself.  

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:25 pm
I always just go with as few commas as I can, since having a lot looks unprofessional anyway.

One thing I really hate about my English grammar is labeling sentences. DX S-TrV-IO-DO just scratches the surface of the torture...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:28 pm
Direct Object, Indirect Object, Subject, Predicate Nominative...

Oh god... kill me now. gonk  

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:45 pm
@_@ I already killed you once tonight, someone else's turn. My English teacher had surgery so she was out for a month. The substitute had his own way of labeling sentences that confused the heck out of me. And he called it surgery, the heck?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:04 pm

*pus Sana out of her misery and then revives her with a hug* I am with Death on that one. I just do a few commas and thats it, then I try and start off the next sentence correctly to make it flow. But I want a class like that, because I need some work xD;;

And all those words are hurting my brain O.

Sketch-Inu
Vice Captain

jagged1
Crew

4,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Voter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:09 pm
Oh no, sentence parts: the new mind crush.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:22 pm
It is not commonly known that the original Penalty Games brought on by Yami Yuugi were actually Advanced English classes.  

Death T-2
Crew

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Bitchboots
Captain

Divine Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:36 am
100% true.