Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
GUILD MEMBERS! I NEED YOUR HELP NOW! LIKE TODAY!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:33 am
There's usually a good reason why people run away... it probably IS the parent's fault and considering that it's a girl, I'm presumptuous enough to guess it's physical/sexual abuse.

Then again, I just go by what my experiences generally lead to. Best option is police. If they are no help, then it depends on if they are old enough to liveo n their own. If not, they need good family (or even friends) whom can take them in and care for them 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:06 am
My friend is running away, Ive tried to talk her out of it but shes pretty sure she wants to run, so...
I need generic fighting spells and protection spells, shes strong but I want to send these with her too... Your prayers are always welcome too...  

xxantuxx

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:34 am
If I knew a friend was planning on running away, I would not turn to spells. I would contact their parents (or guardians) and make sure they knew. Then, I'd probably sit that friend down and have a long chat about how they plan on getting money, and where they plan on going, and if any of it makes sense.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:03 pm
Definitely consider contacting physical sources first, such as guardian figure or the police. Mental and magical energy only goes so far. You can definitely send your blessings in generic protection and strength spells, as well as prayers, but its pretty hard to work with someone who doesn't know what you're doing.  

Jameta
Captain

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:01 pm
Speaking as someone who tried running away, I agree with Atma. There is clearly a problem going on between your friend and her parents, so simply alerting the parents is likely to aggravate the situation rather than improve things- and decrease her trust in you, as well. I suggest looking more into the police option- they have social workers who help families through things like this. The police can contact girls' ranches in the area to see if there are any open beds, and if nothing else then they can offer a cell in the local jail. It's not the nicest place to be, but it gives a space away from the rest of the family where a person can think. I recommend talking to a social worker or other counsellor, though, and I can not stress it enough! Sometimes it really helps to have an outside opinion with the authority to make everyone in the family listen to them- and listen to each other. Beyond that, it's up to the family, but by that point the people in the best position to protect your friend will be aware of the situation that she's in.

As far as spells go, I doubt that we could teach you something over the internet, much less teach it to you quickly enough that you'd be able to use it immediately for your friend's aid. If it were my friend, I'd want her to at least take a Wadjet (Eye of Horus) amulet with her, but again- you may or may not be able to find one on short notice, and if neither you nor your friend are familiar with Egyptian gods and that cultural system, it would not be ideal. The only other thing that I can think of would be to draw an image of a protective deity on a piece of paper, along with a prayer for protection and guidance, and offer it to that deity along with a request for aid before giving it to your friend as a paper talisman.

But try to talk her into seeing a social worker- this is serious stuff, and you want to employ all means of helping her. Right now, she needs physical protection and sound advice.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:39 am
It really does depend on the situation whether or not to alter parents or other guardian figures- I ran away once, but it was a completely stupid reason. In such a case with a poor cause not tied to anything serious, one should contact guardians.

I do undestand, though, that there are certain circumstances where one should contact social workers. My mother ran away a few times due to a abuse; unfortunately, the system at that time didn't work too well. sweatdrop  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:07 am
I'm going with everyone else's advice here, and try to go mostly with physical resources. Make sure she has a plan. All that good stuff. Find out if she's running away for a good reason or not.

Now, for magically, a witch ladder is usually pretty good, if she hasn't left allready. Just take some yarn in three colours (white, black and red) and braid them together to whatever length you think is good. As you braid it, fill it with thoguhts of love and protection. Well-being, all sort of positive things, then give it to her.

Bets of luck.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:13 pm
You have to find out the reason! That's the most important thing!  

Siofra Da`Halbria

Kamikaze Noodle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:32 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
You have to find out the reason! That's the most important thing!

I agree. Once you know the reason, you can know the circumstances and if it makes sense or if she's doing it in blind rage. I think the witch's ladder is a good idea and you might want to add some knots to it also, if your going to use the ladder. It'll prolong the magick and keep it within the braid longer. Hope this helps.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games