Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:43 pm
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
Adjusting fire, I'm now looking at the USP Compact in .45
I still think you're nuts. MAYBE your fingers are short enough to work the safety, but there's no way in hell you're working the slide release. Also, if memory serves, USPs are ******** THICK.
Well, since the safety and slide release are pretty much in the same place on a Compact, right above the grip, behind the trigger, I think I'll be able to work the slide release pretty well. Also, it's narrower than the M9. The Compact is a total redesign, not just shortening the grip and barrel.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:55 pm
Tier One OPERATOR
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
I still think you're nuts. MAYBE your fingers are short enough to work the safety, but there's no way in hell you're working the slide release. Also, if memory serves, USPs are ******** THICK.
Well, since the safety and slide release are pretty much in the same place on a Compact, right above the grip, behind the trigger, I think I'll be able to work the slide release pretty well. Also, it's narrower than the M9. The Compact is a total redesign, not just shortening the grip and barrel.
Try before you buy. I don't remember if I tried the compact or the standard, but my thumb was physically not long enough to work the slide release, and the safety was positioned so I couldn't work it either. And to give you an idea of how long my fingers are, if I make a finger-gun, thumb-to-forefinger is 8".  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:48 pm
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
Try before you buy. I don't remember if I tried the compact or the standard, but my thumb was physically not long enough to work the slide release, and the safety was positioned so I couldn't work it either. And to give you an idea of how long my fingers are, if I make a finger-gun, thumb-to-forefinger is 8".
I will.

It was probably the full-size. That's what I heard when I asked /k/ about the differences. The USP full-sized is just plain massive, but the Compact is actually a decent size and well placed all around.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:57 pm
Tier One OPERATOR
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
I will.

It was probably the full-size. That's what I heard when I asked /k/ about the differences. The USP full-sized is just plain massive, but the Compact is actually a decent size and well placed all around.

You should check out the new HK45's. ******** awesome.
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6981/hk45.jpg  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 am
Sgt Buckner
Tier One OPERATOR
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
Fresnel
Tier One OPERATOR
I will.

You should check out the new HK45's. ******** awesome.
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6981/hk45.jpg
They look all kinds of gay compared to the USP. I've discovered those finger grooves tend to be just annoying.

And it's expensive as ********.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:53 pm
Tier One OPERATOR
Sgt Buckner
HK
it's expensive as ******** class="clear">
User Image  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2