Reply Buying and Advice
AK-47 folder Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Ok guys, I'm getting it Wednesday, I hope. (well, plus after the waiting period anyways.) I couldn't really argue with the $100 off sale. Only thing I saw off about it was the scratched finish and dusty sawdust filled cosmoline to take care of in the corners.

Pics are, of course on the way when I do gain posession. Maybe I'll remember to take one Wednesday and post it on the main board as a preview.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:03 pm
Man of the Demoneye
cosmoline
I am always filled with RAGE at the sight of that word. stressed  

Mr Savoy

Mr Savoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:05 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Mr Savoy
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

I mostly want one to save space during transport. I also want to be able to fold it up and shoot it like that. Plus I like the look of it. The solid wood one I tried fit the best, as expected, but I will have no problems with the folder given practice.

This EXACTLY:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hungarian AMD-65
It looks neat for an AK, (can't say I like the wire stock) but I just don't see the appeal.

They aren't cheap like they were meant to be, they aren't automatic like they were meant to be, pretty much *any* good rifle is plenty reliable, and, to top it all off, you can't hit the broad side of a barn with one at 500+ yards. For someone working towards revolutionizing their government through means of force, the (automatic) AK-47 is an extremely good weapon. But... I just can't think of any other good use for one.

Now, if I had the chance to buy an automatic AK...

I'd dip into my college fund. But I don't see the point of a semi-auto. >.>

Well, If I have anything it's time and options. Full auto is amazingly easy to get. It's affording it that's the problem.
Converting a weapon to full auto is always illegal. I think it was illegalized when shipping ammo to civilians became legal. (Slipped into the bill.)  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:48 pm
Mr Savoy
Man of the Demoneye
Mr Savoy
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

I mostly want one to save space during transport. I also want to be able to fold it up and shoot it like that. Plus I like the look of it. The solid wood one I tried fit the best, as expected, but I will have no problems with the folder given practice.

This EXACTLY:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hungarian AMD-65
It looks neat for an AK, (can't say I like the wire stock) but I just don't see the appeal.

They aren't cheap like they were meant to be, they aren't automatic like they were meant to be, pretty much *any* good rifle is plenty reliable, and, to top it all off, you can't hit the broad side of a barn with one at 500+ yards. For someone working towards revolutionizing their government through means of force, the (automatic) AK-47 is an extremely good weapon. But... I just can't think of any other good use for one.

Now, if I had the chance to buy an automatic AK...

I'd dip into my college fund. But I don't see the point of a semi-auto. >.>

Well, If I have anything it's time and options. Full auto is amazingly easy to get. It's affording it that's the problem.
Converting a weapon to full auto is always illegal. I think it was illegalized when shipping ammo to civilians became legal. (Slipped into the bill.)

I'm certain conversion is illegal. However, there are X number of full autos floating around in the US, most are held by a few collectors / investors. I think the number is around 250,000. To get one, you pay a one time $200 tax stamp and register it yearly. (not sure what goes on from there) There is also a waiting period and extensive background checks. I'm pretty sure that's how it works basically.

The other way is a dealer sample. If you hold a class III licence, you can build one, but it is permanently attached to the licence, not the individual. If you get rid of the licence, you must also transfer the gun or give it to the ATF.

Also, I've never had the pleasure of dealing with Cosmoline. I'm sure it will be quite the experience from what I've heard here.  

Man of the Demoneye

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces