Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Healing/Renewal Spells

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

great_goddess_Anu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:20 am
Dose anyone have any ideas for a Healing or Renewal Spells? My Blood sisters and i do a new ritual every year to renew our original spell to conect ourselfs and keep it that way. We dont live near each other or go to the same schools anymore. All 3 of us are seperated a lot and so this year i wanted to do some healing also to start to mend the holes between us. Ive seemed to of run out of intersting ideas. One of my sisters is a Muslim and the other is Christian and im Wiccan so nothing can contain serious goddess or god stuff because we all just go our own ways in that area. It would be sooooo great if someone could give me anyt type of healing and/or renewal anything that i could include in this yearls ritual.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 am
Hailing from Louisiana, one of the things that brings my family together was a common meal or food item. A possibility would be sharing some sort of special food/meal together taking into consideration foods your Muslim sister considers حلال (Like no pork or no mixing meat and cheese).

Halaal food

If in doubt, ask your Muslim sister if such food would be okay for her to have.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:50 am
I didn't know Muslims were under the dietary restriction of not mixing meat and cheese. I thought that was only for Jews?

Also, Anu, have you read our forum sticky on the use of the word Wicca?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 am
Despite the fact that you are calling this a "healing/renewal" spell, you do know that you are in fact binding yourselves to each other?

Quote:
All 3 of us are separated a lot and so this year i wanted to do some healing also to start to mend the holes between us.

These things happen as we grow older. We change, we grow, we move, we meet new people, lose touch with others... it's a natural part of life. One shouldn't have to resort to magical means to keep a friendship intact. If your common interests aren't enough to keep you together, it may be time to let nature take it's course. It's hard to let go sometimes, but by binding yourselves to each other you could be keeping yourself (and your friends) from other important life opportunities.

I'm not saying that you have to give up on the friendship, but simply that you might want to consider not using magical means to keep it.  

ncsweet
Crew

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 am
great_goddess_Anu, could you maybe describe these holes you have spoken of?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:58 pm
thx, i fully awar of all the foods she can and cant eat, mixing meat and cheese isnt agenst the rules though

no ill go read that right now, im sory, i didnt know i couldnt use... that word. i dont understand that but ill go read it anywho.

im not trying to bind us with magick but what i meant was when we first became sisters our spirits became linked which was super weird. if one got a black eye all of our eyes hurt or if one of us ran into something the other would get a bruise in that area. we also think the same things at the same time so its more of trying to keepe out minds connected not our friendship.

i mean holes like because we dont c eachother often so we miss out a lot on what goes on in the others lives. sometimes ill feel that one of my sisters is hurting or get some other emotion but i usualy dont know whats going on and sometimes i dont know who its comeing from.  

great_goddess_Anu

great_goddess_Anu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:02 pm
okayyyy i read it, i wont say that word. i dint think names were a big deal but watevvvvvver  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:55 pm
In essence what you are describing is a binding of your souls and minds. It is still a type of binding, while I can see why you would call it healing/renewal. Hmm... good question I will think about it and get back to you on that. I should be on for another 7 hours or so. So if you have anymore questions I can try and answer them to the best of my ability.  

pdguy281267

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:14 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
I didn't know Muslims were under the dietary restriction of not mixing meat and cheese. I thought that was only for Jews?

Huh. I didn't know. There was a Muslim I knew at my university and he couldn't eat meat if it was served on the same plate as cheese, or was that cheese on the same plate as vegetables? I could have just been mistaken there.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:31 pm
no pig product, in anything...not even jello butttttt thats pritty much the only food rule. there may be several smaller ones but none that i no of. im over there for dinner all the time and we have had this lasania stuff that has cheese and meet and i do remember at a swim party we ate off platers with cheese crackers, veggies and dip so i dont think its that either. oh and thx for the help, i would appreciate anything anyone can give me smile  

great_goddess_Anu

pdguy281267

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:48 pm
Ok I have a few suggestions, but first so your not repeating anything, what have you already done?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:28 pm
not much of anything accualy. just basic stuff. i think just about anything would be new. we've done lunar healing and one time and once burned braids or sage and lavender.  

great_goddess_Anu

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:19 am
Ooh, ooh, pick me pick me!!

Write your own? Obviously pre-written ones might be of no use to you, seeing as you're different cultures and religions.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:24 am
Quote:
im not trying to bind us with magick but what i meant was when we first became sisters our spirits became linked which was super weird. if one got a black eye all of our eyes hurt or if one of us ran into something the other would get a bruise in that area. we also think the same things at the same time so its more of trying to keepe out minds connected not our friendship.

But you said that there are now "holes" in that link, and you want to do a ritual to repair those "holes". In essence what you are looking to do is magically force together a mental bond which has been slowly coming apart - no matter how you look at it, it is a form of binding.  

ncsweet
Crew

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games