Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Guess why my parents are making me go to therapy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

warhead1029

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:55 am
parents suck stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:07 pm
xFrenchVanillax
Kisax127
This mystery is already...

I have spirit Guardians that I talk to, and they think it's merely of me having "imaginary friends".

The house is haunted, and yet they don't believe so. They see the books as me trying to "keep up with my imaginary friends".

Thank you guys. I appreciate it greatly.

... On the tip of my tongue.

You talking to spirits, in my opinion, is truely amazing..
How do you talk to them, I love spirits and would kill to have the talent to communicate with them...

I just see them naturally and can talk with my mind or by mouth. It's really hard, because I have to send my emotions to them with my mind, so it's easier to communicate. I lived with them all my life until I moved with my father.  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:10 pm
joseph m 102
parents suck stressed

Yep. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:55 pm
Kisax127

I have spirit Guardians that I talk to, and they think it's merely of me having "imaginary friends".

The house is haunted, and yet they don't believe so. They see the books as me trying to "keep up with my imaginary friends".

Isn't it funny how, when we're young children, parents make no big deal out of us having "imaginary friends" and actually expect it, but when we get a little bit older they think us talking to "imaginary friends" is psychotic?  

dark_angel_32189

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:23 pm
dark_angel_32189
Kisax127

Isn't it funny how, when we're young children, parents make no big deal out of us having "imaginary friends" and actually expect it, but when we get a little bit older they think us talking to "imaginary friends" is psychotic?

Because when we're young it develops imagination. When we're older we're expected to have real friends. If they can't see them, thats what they say. Of course, a lot of psychotic people really do have imaginary friends that they really see, from delusions.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:35 pm
Well, my friend, whose parents had no idea she was practising magic, weren't so happy at first. They sent her to a psychologist, because she kept doing spells to help her emotional and spiritual state. She's suffered depression and neglect most of her life.

They thought she was crazy. But when she went to the psychologist she said: I'm not going to let you make a decision about something you know absolutely nothing about. Therefore, I am not going to say anything, I'll just sit here and listen to my iPod while you waste time...

She actually did listen to her iPod in front of the therapist. When she told me I was in stitches XD  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Kagaya Ookami

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:51 am
Well, when I was fifteen, my parents forced me to go to a psychologist, let me say right now, I live in the bible belt, northeastern mississippi, they are very....stubborn about their beliefs here. My parents actually went and sat in on a few of my sessions and told the therapist that I was doing things that 'weren't natural' aka: witchcraft, that they didn't understand and that they believed was wrong. Needless to say, he had a total conniption (I think i spelled that wrong lol.) fit and tried to talk to me about it, well, yell and scream and talk over me the whole time.

I laughed at him when he told me that what i was doing was devil worship. I told him in no uncertain terms, with my parents sitting in the room, that he could kiss my *** and that he had no idea what he was talking about. That his mind was clouded by years of religious belief that made him and my parents biased, that his form of 'therapy' was helping noone, and that i was being unitarily forced into being there by my parents and that each one of them could kiss my ***. Needless to say, when we got home, i was grounded for my speech, which none of the three liked, and was told to continue going to the sessions. So, i made the most of them, every time that he would try to talk to me about what he wanted, i would deliberately change the subject to school or tv or something else. Finally, once i turned sixteen, he told my parents that he had tried everything to get through to me and nothing was working (after a whole year), he then told them not to bring me back, because there was nothing that he could do.

The only thing that i can say on this matter, is that if the therapist tries to talk to you about something that you don't want to talk about, ignore him/her and talk about school or tv or something totally off subject, it really got under my therapists skin lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:53 pm
Kagaya Ookami
Well, when I was fifteen, my parents forced me to go to a psychologist, let me say right now, I live in the bible belt, northeastern mississippi, they are very....stubborn about their beliefs here. My parents actually went and sat in on a few of my sessions and told the therapist that I was doing things that 'weren't natural' aka: witchcraft, that they didn't understand and that they believed was wrong. Needless to say, he had a total conniption (I think i spelled that wrong lol.) fit and tried to talk to me about it, well, yell and scream and talk over me the whole time.

I laughed at him when he told me that what i was doing was devil worship. I told him in no uncertain terms, with my parents sitting in the room, that he could kiss my *** and that he had no idea what he was talking about. That his mind was clouded by years of religious belief that made him and my parents biased, that his form of 'therapy' was helping noone, and that i was being unitarily forced into being there by my parents and that each one of them could kiss my ***. Needless to say, when we got home, i was grounded for my speech, which none of the three liked, and was told to continue going to the sessions. So, i made the most of them, every time that he would try to talk to me about what he wanted, i would deliberately change the subject to school or tv or something else. Finally, once i turned sixteen, he told my parents that he had tried everything to get through to me and nothing was working (after a whole year), he then told them not to bring me back, because there was nothing that he could do.

The only thing that i can say on this matter, is that if the therapist tries to talk to you about something that you don't want to talk about, ignore him/her and talk about school or tv or something totally off subject, it really got under my therapists skin lol.

The friend I menchined has learnt pyrokinesis. This was the third time she had to go, and she got a lighter out in front of him, held it, and concentrated until the flame nearly flashed the therapist. Then she said: Fire. One of the four elements. I follow the ways of Mother Earth. Nature. How is that dark, satanic or evil?

He said to her: It isn't.

Then she left. She managed to prove to him. She's a bit of a rebel so yeah XD  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 pm
Zorn, Zorn, Zorn, Zorn, Zorn...!

That's great!

I moved down to Florida, and got a new therapist. But guess what? She's Pagan.

LOL. Karma. I love it. She explained everything to my parents and they want a new one, but I am "stuck" with her for six more months.

... Blut, Blut, Blut, Blut, Blut!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:14 am
You're lucky I wish my theripist could explain that to my parents, she was surprisingly interested in it. What's really funny is she ask how they are doing like they are "normal" people.
I had the same problem. The school told my mom I was talking to spirits she kept on asking if i was okay and gave me a lecture on Christianity. That's the problem with going to Catholoic school when you don't believe in it.  

Lonelyghostseance

Lupine Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hygienic 200

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:19 am
Zorn, Zorn, Zorn, Zorn, Zorn...!

Ah yes. My friend is going to one and he is not enjoying it at all.

Apparently Catholic Schools are worse off than public schools. At least in the area where I lived in Ohio. O.o

... Blut, Blut, Blut, Blut, Blut!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 am
It ******** pisses me off when they force religion down your throat.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Lonelyghostseance

Lupine Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 am
The one's in New York are not very fun. My mom sent me cause they have better education. We'll at least I'm not alone, the school is filled with a lot of non Catholics, some in which I warned due to the hell they dragged me and my friends through.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 am
I do not know you personally so I can not judge you, and I do not wish to. However, I do know of two people who had paganism/Wicca very mixed up in their heads and I would have called them insane. One of them believed the he was the son of the devil and could go to Hell when ever he pleased. He used Lucite - a crystal made of plastic - and other pieced of literal track to cast hexes on his enemies. He tried to get me involved. I played along, thinking he was just joking, but when he pretended to not be able to return to his body and tried to freak me out - I say try because I know it was fake be he didn't- I called for help. The other one was a compulsive liar...and That was his undoing. Basically, you know if it is true or not for you, so don't worry about it.  

zabazor

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games