Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Jibba-Jabba Forum
The Fine Line Between Generosity And Insult Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kittykats-rock99

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:14 am
Hahaha lolz. I know what you mean 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:54 pm
Razzly Star
I don't know why someone would say that's generous.

Seriously, with the ridiculous inflation, I'm sure my net worth has gone up, but I can't afford anything these days unless I sell something (which is a possibility someday I guess) but it sucks running a charity where I don't discriminate and everyone gets at least 3k. But still, I've seen complaints D:

Seriously you don't like my 3k donations? Well you didn't have to do anything but fill out a few questions and there's a trade.

Honestly I wish I could donate more, but then less people would get donations.. I guess I could start getting picky xd
I feel kind of the same way with my charity even though I only hand out two random monthly collectible letters each month.

And 50g as a donation is a joke.  

Evil A

Perfect Rogue

14,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Razzly Star

Wheezing Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:25 pm
Evil A
Razzly Star
I don't know why someone would say that's generous.

Seriously, with the ridiculous inflation, I'm sure my net worth has gone up, but I can't afford anything these days unless I sell something (which is a possibility someday I guess) but it sucks running a charity where I don't discriminate and everyone gets at least 3k. But still, I've seen complaints D:

Seriously you don't like my 3k donations? Well you didn't have to do anything but fill out a few questions and there's a trade.

Honestly I wish I could donate more, but then less people would get donations.. I guess I could start getting picky xd
I feel kind of the same way with my charity even though I only hand out two random monthly collectible letters each month.

And 50g as a donation is a joke.
I started donating about 5k a person, but it got boring for me. If I open another one (which is a possibility) I'll do something like a free letter lotto and gifts for people who post a lot. I sort of failed with my last one, so I think I'll make a new thread sometime.. After I get some more gold. That's cool that you give out collectibles, I did that a lot in my quest thread, but not much in my charity xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:27 pm
Yeah, I took over the charity about a year or so ago... doesn't get much traffic but I do what I can for those that stop in and my regulars.  

Evil A

Perfect Rogue

14,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Pheregames

Desirable Streaker

14,600 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:37 pm
I tip a post if somebody asks for a donation and I don't feel like they deserve a legit one. rofl rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:58 pm
тнє ∂ємση ιηsι∂є мє,

ℓιsԏєη αs ι sρєαк, ιԏ ιsηт α cнσιcє∷

If I could tip some posts in here I so would.

People that give like 50g or like 1k yes it is nice but it doesn't really get you far anymore on gaia D;
It is sad.
I remember when 100k was a lot of gold lmao.

ԍσσ∂ уσυ ℓιsԏєηє∂, ι ωιℓℓ sραяє уσυя ℓιƒє.
ƒσя ησω

ιs sԏαяԏιηԍ тσ вяєαк ƒяєє

Panty Snatcher

Kawaii Fatcat

16,575 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100

_winterdawnn

Questionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 am
well, i'll just sell the 'small' items if they were given to me
at least it's something biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:04 pm
I understand that too I have a nice charity set up in the charity and quest area and I use all my my inventory and rarely get a donation for it. I give at least 5K for simple things but the more expensive quest I give at least 20K and it's terrible that no one ever helps back when you are being so generous to them.  

Drocell the Puppet Maker

Friendly Giver

34,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Generous 100

yeet-chan

Big Duck

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 pm
I think that 1k is the most minimal of minimums that somebody can donate and still be considered generous. Gold is a lot easier to make than it used to be, so I don't think that donating 10-50k is as big of a deal anymore!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:43 pm
Immortal Nobody
Obviously I speak of donations. What do you think an insulting "donation" is? Lately I've found that donors in the Charity/Quests Forum like to push that line. Yeah yeah, they're donating, so I should appreciate their "generosity". But c'mon. Is sending a trade or gifting an item worth 50g really generous?

Ugh, this irritates me so much I can't be oratorical.

I understand what you're saying but at least they are giving something... even if it could be as a joke... imagine... if all you need is 50g to get the item you're questing  

Besmear

Jibba-Jabba Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces