Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Court Record [An Ace Attorney Guild]

Back to Guilds

A guild about anything Ace Attorney related. 

Tags: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth, Court Record 

Reply The Court Record [An Ace Attorney Guild]
Best console for AA: Wiiware or DS? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

To Wii or not to Wii, that is the question!
Wii!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wii?? Objection!!
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
*thwap* Take That, you gold whore!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AKO_Slash

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:41 pm
CarrotBird
It's cheap on the ipod/phone, if people think that counts as a plus.

Didn't know it was available there. Widening the fanbase is good but playing it on a non Ninty console seems like a cheapened version of the Phoenix experience. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:18 am
Buying it next week (iPhone) so I'll tell you about it  

DragoRoyal

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

xx_MelodiousFlames_xx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:10 pm
Duh the DS of course! AA was made for the DS (and gameboy advanced in japan) and should stay on the DS!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:24 pm
After much searching, I managed to get Phx Wright Ace Attorney for both the DS & the Wii. Although it was more so I could use my Wiibrowser to read the gamefaqs guide while I played on the DS. sad  

AKO_Slash

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50

CarrotBird

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 am
You don't need AA on the Wii for that XD
I'm getting someone AA on the Wii because they have no DS and they like playing with others without the crowding a handheld brings anyways, apparently.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:14 pm
Jareno789
Honestly, I believe the DS versions are better, mainly for the dual screen actions. The WiiWare versions don't seem that bad, though. But, technically, the WiiWare ones are just the GBA versions with new controls. Although, the 'swing forward' Objection! action is pretty awesome.

User Image
sorry just needed to do that :p. i find the Wiiware really better cause i really dont care for the DS evn though id feel so bad a** when i say User Image
i like how you can hold the wiimote out like your finger :p  

OBJECTION7

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:28 pm
I bought the first two games on Wiiware because I missed them on the DS the first time around.
The price is definitely nice, but I don't care for the controls. I prefer the touch screen, especially since I get impatient and go too fast so I make mistakes that way.
It's fun because my sister has gotten involved when I play on the Wii (she's convinced Edgeworth's suit is made of velvet xd ). We work through it together :'D  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:38 am
I only own the DS version of the games, though I'm sure that, if I were to get the wiiware versions, I'd prefer DS simply 'cause I've become more of a portable gamer throughout the years so the portability of the DS versions is nice to me...

I wouldn't mind seeing an Ace Attorney game built from the ground up for the wii, though, just to see what it would be like. At the very least, we could see more than 5 cases on a Wii AA thanks to the fact that I'm pretty sure the Wii has more memory than the DS.  

This_is_phoenixwright7

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:44 pm
Also, it is a bit of a pain having to buy Case 5 separately, even though it's only 100 points. It's still a better price for the entire game than I would get for the DS version on Amazon, but it's just annoying that I'll have at least 900 points left over since the fewest number of points you can buy is 1000.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 pm
Kirei_chan
Also, it is a bit of a pain having to buy Case 5 separately, even though it's only 100 points. It's still a better price for the entire game than I would get for the DS version on Amazon, but it's just annoying that I'll have at least 900 points left over since the fewest number of points you can buy is 1000.

Did you purchase the xtra content and on what system? I tried but there was no link.  

AKO_Slash

High-scoring Werewolf

11,650 Points
  • Deal Me In 50

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:34 pm
AKO_Slash
Kirei_chan

Did you purchase the xtra content and on what system? I tried but there was no link.

I'm talking about the WiiWare. Each game is 1000 Wii points, but you have to buy Rise from the Ashes separate, making the first game 1100 points total.
And I just bought my points straight on my Wii through the store. The only increments were 1000, 2000, and 3000 :<  
The Court Record [An Ace Attorney Guild]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff