Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like reading classics?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 am
The only classics I could actually find myself liking were To Kill a Mockingbird and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (that I actually read on my iPhone...which is kind of contradicting because it was written in 1900... blaugh ) I tried reading Dracula and Frankenstein, and I literally couldn't even read a page before I was bored to death with both of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:20 pm
Frankenstein's slow but good, and it takes a while to get going.  

Bokusenou

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:44 pm
Hated Catcher in the Rye. And I am David. And Romeo and Juliet. Oh, and the Bronte stuff. blehhh.

But I liked Pride and Prejudice and loved Midsummer Night's dream. And once I determined that I had to read LOTR, I got through one and a half books and only gave up because I had to give them back to the library. I should give it another shot...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:49 pm
Artemesia Greylace
Hated Catcher in the Rye. And I am David. And Romeo and Juliet. Oh, and the Bronte stuff. blehhh.

But I liked Pride and Prejudice and loved Midsummer Night's dream. And once I determined that I had to read LOTR, I got through one and a half books and only gave up because I had to give them back to the library. I should give it another shot...

With LOTR, I found it helped me to listen to an audiobook version, rather than read it (though I usually prefer reading), oh, and see Shakespeare performed (or a non-modern movie version), and then read it if you can, I found I gained a greater understanding of the plays that way.  

Bokusenou

Art Greylace

Dapper Cutie-Pie

11,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:53 pm
Bokusenou

With LOTR, I found it helped me to listen to an audiobook version, rather than read it (though I usually prefer reading), oh, and see Shakespeare performed (or a non-modern movie version), and then read it if you can, I found I gained a greater understanding of the plays that way.

I got through that much LOTR on sheer willpower- my favourite teacher (chemistry) had told me I had to, so I did. It's the only book I've ever read where I had to take breaks to understand.

I did see Shakespeare performed. I just hated Romeo and Juliet because it's a story about two annoyingly stupid teenaged brats and their so-called 'love'.  
Honk if you love reading!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff