SCA, a subset of geekdom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Non SCA geekdom events?
  Sure, I attend other geek events.
  Nope, I only go to SCA geek events.
  I attend non-SCA events, but they aren't geek related.
View Results

(((rasberry~kimiko)))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:14 pm
I play D&D with some of my friends, and I love cos-play and Anime, but I've only ever had the time and money to go to both Pennsic and an Anime convention once. If it's a choice between the two, I unfailingly choose Pennsic. I haven't missed one since I was eight xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:02 pm
This year my second fav. anime con was to be the same weekend as Autumn Rose, my shire's annual big event. Turns out we had to cancel Autumn Rose so my decision is now an obvious one, but I still don't know which I would have chosen had both been carried through.

For the past several years I have unfailingly attended my home shire's big event and what I call my home anime con. One is in the Spring, one the Fall, anything I get to else-when in the year is bonus.

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:35 pm
In addition to SCA events, I'm a convention junky. Might have something to do with helping run one. I tend to see a lot of other Northshielders at CONvergence in July every year. I ran into a bunch of them while dressed up as a Wraith Queen, this year. That was interesting, what with all the blue makeup...

I have some garb inspired by one of my D&D characters. It happens to be early-period garb, so it doesn't stick out as being fantasy or anything. But I do use it with elf ears, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:40 pm
Berzerker_prime
I tend to see a lot of other Northshielders at CONvergence in July every year. I ran into a bunch of them while dressed up as a Wraith Queen, this year. That was interesting, what with all the blue makeup...

Wait, that was you! I saw you there. Awesome costume by the way.

I've been going to Convergence for the last three years with a bunch of friends. Runa Whynd was among them. She was running around dressed as Ursula the Sea Witch on Saturday.  

Out to the Black

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:50 pm
AS OttB mentioned, I was there, and I was Ursula. My costume wasn't nearly as cool as yours though. It was a first attempt and it needs some tweaking and some better makeup.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 pm
Out to the Black
Berzerker_prime
I tend to see a lot of other Northshielders at CONvergence in July every year. I ran into a bunch of them while dressed up as a Wraith Queen, this year. That was interesting, what with all the blue makeup...

Wait, that was you! I saw you there. Awesome costume by the way.

I've been going to Convergence for the last three years with a bunch of friends. Runa Whynd was among them. She was running around dressed as Ursula the Sea Witch on Saturday.

I remember seeing that costume! Awesomesauce!  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:08 pm
The group next to us at Great Western War was singing songs from Dr. Horrible's Sing along blog  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:19 am
Yeah, I know several Firefly fans in my local group (myself included of course). And several of them have a D&D game tunning.  

Out to the Black

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:00 pm
We wanted to start a firefly D&D based RPG but we've already got a Wheel of Time one going  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:27 am
For an art project I'm doing, we had to take an actor of another famous person and draw them. I'm doing Nathan Fillion. I tried to do one of Mal but I couldn't find any good reference pics so it's actually Nathan Fillion as Castle.  

MorganOfCalafia

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:42 am
By boyfriend and I have been swapped about a dozen sci-fi books in one weekend. We're both nutters over the genre.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:26 am
Speaking of geekdom, what do you think of my Simon look?
(There's no good Simon hair on Gaia!)  

Out to the Black

SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas