Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I'mma make muh weddin' dress! <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 pm
I'm SO excited! I'm going to MAKE my wedding dress!! I've been browsing bridal websites and been watching "Say Yes To The Dress"and I'm going to make my wedding dress. Hey, if someone can KNIT their entire wedding dress, I can sew one, and make accessories!

I'm thinking that I want a navy blue 50's style dress, not a white gown. I'm not getting married anytime soon, maybe in a year or so, so I have time to hone my skills and gather materials.

Eeep! <3

This thread is basically for me to track my progress, keep track of links and all that good stuff. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:04 pm
For my personal reference:
Beaded bouquet:
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/beaded_bouquet  

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

OoCassadeeoO

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:39 am
that is beautiful  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:53 pm
Good luck to you. I wanted to knit my wedding dress, but my parents would have nothing of it.  

Knit Happens

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:38 pm
Knit Happens
Good luck to you. I wanted to knit my wedding dress, but my parents would have nothing of it.

Why not? I don't understand.. D:  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:50 am
Congrats! heart

I follow the knitted wedding on livejournal. It's crazzzzy, but really ambitious. xd Anything would be a cake walk comparatively, lol.

I dream of a handmade wedding, but I'm afraid that parents/family would be like "wtf?".

Have you thought of headbands? Etsy has amazing selection for inspiration, but I'm sure you make it yourself without the huge price tags. wink  

Isabelle

9,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Blood-Spattered-Sundress

7,650 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:25 pm
Isabelle
Congrats! heart

I follow the knitted wedding on livejournal. It's crazzzzy, but really ambitious. xd Anything would be a cake walk comparatively, lol.

I dream of a handmade wedding, but I'm afraid that parents/family would be like "wtf?".

Have you thought of headbands? Etsy has amazing selection for inspiration, but I'm sure you make it yourself without the huge price tags. wink

Yep, I've been searching Etsy for inspiration, I'm going to make one of those feather hair clip things... Can't think of that they're called... But they're like a brooch for your head. XD
And I say, poo-poo on what your family thinks! Your wedding is the one time that you can pick and choose and do what YOU want! Be selfish! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:23 am
congrats!=)
and i like the bouquet ==)  

III-I--Hina--I-III

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out