<3
  </3
  :(
View Results

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:54 am
Hello fellow Gaiaholics. Long time no read. What have I been doing you ask? Oh just exploring the mess that is the Chatterbox and dealing with the prospect of having this account banned.

Yes, banned. Unfairly, possibly. You see about 5 days ago there was a thread in the GCD. Some enterprising fellow discovered a link to last year's Prom page which granted 40G-cash. So like a moron I clicked and now I have an extra 40 in G-cash that I did not obtain properly. I've talk with a couple of mods and as of last night there was no decision yet. Luckily I wasn't the only person who clicked. Still according to the ToS it is exploiting a glitch. neutral

Now I have taken some precautions. I have moved a few of my favorite items to a mule for safe keeping but my invo still has about 1200 items. Pointless to move everything if I am cleared of all charges.

So friends tell me has anyone here ever been banned? Was it hard to start over on a new account? Did you feel like leaving Gaia for good? Did you ever wish you had a time machine to go back in time and smack yourself across the face and say no clicky?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm
I haven't been banned, but I have been hacked. So I temporarily had to log on through my mule account to watch what my hacker was doing with my account. I've never felt like leaving Gaia, I have way too many friends here to do that.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 pm
Oh wow.. o.O
See there's where everything went to hell, you wandered into the CB xd If it were me, I'd be moving all of my little pixel valuables to different accounts if there was the slightest doubt.

Well, you did talk to a mod afterward, so you kinda exploited and then reported? Hopefully they let you go with just taking the GC back and ban the person who posted the link to begin with. It's not like it was a lot confused It would be a bit overkill to ban every person who clicked that link.

I've never been banned or even threatened with it. I'm kind of paranoid about this account. Which is funny since it's just pixels sweatdrop I'd be pretty bummed, but probably stay on even if this account did get hacked/banned. /totally addicted.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:47 pm
@Yurro: I think if I was dealing with a scam or hack I wouldn't be upset. My mules are currently standing by just in case though. I don't think I will be leaving either.

@Karma v2: Ah see the strange thing is the thread was in the GCD of all places and from what I can tell it got a few people along with me.

I'm really hoping I get off with a slap on the wrist too. I've never had any trouble before. Okay there was a warning I got for posting in a misplaced thread but other than that I'm clean. I sent a PM to the mod handling it last night and he responded with
Quote:
while we've noted your forthcoming-ness about the situation (is that even a word?) regarding the granted Cash and link availability, I've not got any new information on it yet.
So I guess that sounds good...maybe. Well at least my favorite items are in mule storage for now.

I am addicted too. I was all worried last night. I would totally miss this account. I love my little pixel doll.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:42 pm
Ah, man.. so the GCD isn't safe anymore either? o.O

Eh.. posting in one misplaced thread isn't a huge offense *shrug* Now if you were a scamming troll, I'd say you were screwed, but from the response you got, I think you're safe. Worst case scenario maybe a few days of ban if you get a God mod making the decision. You could PM Blue and get him to put in a good word for you xd

Hard to believe how attached we get. Your screen name, how you "dress," how you post, it's almost like it's part of who you are only not really that extreme. This is starting to remind me of the "Gaiaocolypse" thread I was just lurking. What would you do if Gaia suddenly no longer existed? XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:27 am
I think they'll just take the cash back maybe give you a "warning ban", dunno. At least you told a mod about it, which means you didn't really want to exploid the glitch, just wasn't really thinking about it when you clicked the link.

I've never been banned, only things I've had was warning about spamming (which was totally pointless, I think the mod was having a bad day) and once I got my sig removed because it had way too many bytes... I think the limit is like 100.000 bytes and I had about 400k xD

I don't think I'd have stamina to start again if I was hacked or banned. Though, I'm very carefull these days so it's unlikely I'd get banned for something.  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:12 am
@karma: Hmmmm never even thought about a temp. ban. That would be fair.

It's weird. I sent all that stuff to my mule and since I haven't been in the mood to dress Sal up I figured the mule would want to feel pretty for a couple of days. But it felt wrong. I was like these are Sal's items not Olive's.

@Iehonatane: Oh I forgot, I had the my signature pulled once too. But yeah I've always tried to be careful. Hovering over links, reporting then moving on and so forth.

I will go on. I like this site too damn much.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:51 pm
An update! I finally got word from the mod I contacted and I am in the free and clear as long as I don't post the evil link or make a mule to get more G-cash from the link.

Woo! So happy! Time to change my avatar. biggrin  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:54 pm
Hurrah!  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:34 am
YEY! biggrin  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:13 pm
Very cool :3
Good to know our mods aren't a bunch of d**ks

It's not like you were trying to exploit it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:36 am
Nah. Most of the Mods are cool. I was in touch with Oddbird by the way. Really helpful and kept contact while I was waiting.

No way would I try to profit off of it. I may be impulsive but I ain't dumb.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas