Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Using the game as an interior design tool.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 pm
Do you ever use your game as an interior design tool? I do, all the time. I just moved into a new house, where we do have permission to paint the walls, and I was ecstatic. 3nodding Before we even moved in, I got my boyfriend to help me recreate the house in game, and then designed what I wanted my home to look like. So far, I only really have a bedroom and a dining room that would work, but it's still fun.

What about any of you? Do you use the game to come up with fun room layouts and whatnot?  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:02 pm
I've never done that, but it sounds like a fantastic idea.  

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:47 am
I've never used it to redesign a real house before but I have recreated my own homes in the game a few times.  
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:34 am
I have. I tried to see how my room would fit with my bed on the other wall. It didn't work out in the sims, so it stopped me from doing it in real life.

XD

But yea, thanks to the sims, I have an idea as to how I want my family room to look like. =)

Darth Kosher

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:39 am
It is very useful. 3nodding It might not be the most accurate or realistic tool out there, but it's fun, easy to use, and you can make sims live in your actual house.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 pm
I've created my family home in Sims 2. It was perfect! My mum wanted to use it as an interior designer so I played with wall paper, carpet, windows and the veranda.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Vilified

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:22 pm
That exactly what I use it for, other than the obvious reasons. I LOVE building houses, I'm in love with modern decor. I always find myself redoing the houses of premade families to make them more attractive and functional. Sometimes I'll be at school or even at home doing nothing and I'll suddenly get a great idea for a house to build. Love it, love it, love it! The Sims is far more than just a game, it's an amazing creative tool.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:13 am
      I can totally see myself doing this when I get a house of my own.
      So far the closest I've come to this is re-creating.

External Penetration

Greedy Codger

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:29 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Sadly, I never got to use those plans for the house I wrote about here. The owners went bankrupt before we could ever afford to paint or furnish it. emo Maybe some day!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:50 pm
I usually draw it first before I start actually putting it down. When I'm more into interior design that is.  

Venya Aven

Interesting Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items