Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Japanese Academy
ORIENTATION (YOU MUST CLICK ME)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 pm
Welcome, my new students, to the Japanese Academy. This post will serve as your orientation to my little online school. I am Starry Starry Fright, and I will be your sensei. You can learn more about me in the roll call.

The first thing that you need to know is that you can learn as much or as little Japanese here as you wish. If you are serious about the language and you use everything this forum has to offer, I promise you that you can go far. Everyone learns at their own pace, so be patient and keep trying. This forum in mainly aimed at beginners, so all of your lessons will be broken down and explained as thoroughly as possible.

Now that you're here, you will want to enroll. Click on the roll call subforum and start your own topic. Be sure to write down:

Your name (username is fine)
How much experience you have with Japanese

That's it! That's all I need to know! You can tell me more if you like, but it isn't required. This topic will be your way of telling me "Look at me! I exist!" and I will be using this topic to give you one-on-one tutoring.

Once you have your name in the roll call, head over to the lessons subforums. You will see three kinds of lessons.

JAPANESE - these lessons focus on vocabulary, grammar and sentence structure. They will teach you the fundamentals of spoken Japanese.

KANA/KANJI - These lessons will be teaching you about written Japanese and the three alphabets used in the Japanese language.

CULTURE
- these lessons will teach you about the Japanese culture and history.

You will find another type of post in there as well:

LEARNING AIDS
- these will be tips, tricks, websites and products you can use to enhance your learning. I am not trying to seel you anything - most of the things presented in these topics wil be tricks I used to get through high school Japanese courses. Feel free to ignore them if you wish.

Read the lessons and keep up to date with new ones. Be sure to ask questions if you don't understand - each new lesson will build on the last one. Move through them at whatever pace you please; this classroom moves at your pace.

You may have noticed that there is a third subforum labelled Extracurricular. This is your place to talk about Japanese anime, music, products, video games or role play in Japanese settings. Any sort of Japanese-related discussion you want!

As for our main forum (the forum you are currently in), consider it a General Talk forum. Meet other students and talk about anything you want (so long as it doesn't violate the ToS).

This will conclude your orientation! Study hard, and enjoy your time at the Japanese Academy!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 pm
I did what it said to do here and when I try to click on the lessons subforums, it says I'm not eligible to view them. D:
What happened?

Nintendo Princess

Nintendo Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:08 am
Oh! Oh!!
Now I get it. It's because of June exams...haha I'm so stupid. Nevermind me~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:35 am
oh wow thanks for breaking down the class room levels of it. I will start when i have the chance when im free not busy during the weeks. I will be on the weekend to do class. right now im sort of busy. thanks for explainations  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
Japanese Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items