Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Japanese Academy
Home Page...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:58 pm
I tried to throw together a decent homepage, but I was in a rush. What we have now is, I think, a passable homepage. Passable, but not great. I need some suggestions for a better looking homepage.

Also, do you like our mini banner with the mountains?

Give me your input.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:47 pm
I'm not really sure for the homepage actually. ^^;; Well what to add and stuff. But I think its fine right now.

I like the mini banner.  

this little secret

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:17 pm
maybe you could try adding more color to the homepage? idk, just an idea. i like the banner  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:21 pm
More colour... hmmm, that could be what's missing. The page just seems a little stark to me.

I'm thinking about reformatting the subforums too... the lessons get jumbled and the main forum seems so naked... Would it be an improvement if I Gave the Japanese Lessons Their own subforum, the Kana and Kanji Lessons their own subforum, Anime discussion the third subforum and moved all other crap to the main forum???

I need advice here!  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

this little secret

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:02 pm
You can always put lists if you want, I like using lists and maybe a smaller font size if you want it to go somewhere.

If you want to reformat the subforums, go ahead. I agree with the putting each lesson as their own subforum since it would be more cleaner and such and you could do that for the anime discussion/drama discussion/movie-book discussion/band discussion at that. Yeah, that would work of course.

Also if someone wants to get tested you could do that of course, but that's just a suggestion.

One last thing, have you ever decided if you needed help? Because you know, since you're the only moderator here and I was just wondering of course even though there's only few members, I was just curious.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:22 pm
Hmmmm.... I think I'm going to rearrange the subforums to have

- Japanese Vocabulary and Grammar

- Japanese Kana and Kanji

- Japanese Pop Culture Discussion

When this forum gets bigger, I was hoping to add tests/contests and a roleplay section.

For the moment, I am managing as the sole moderator, but if this forum gets any bigger I'll have to see. At the moment, participation is fairly low... just looking for a way to fix that, and possibly recruit more members.  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:08 pm
Some updates:

- a new subforum has been added. There are now subforums for Japanese Vocab, Japanese Characters, Roll Call and Pop Culture Discussion

- Learning Aids will now be be posted in the Pop Culture section. Do check out the Kogepan post. Very amusing.

- Tests and contests will be posted in the general forum. First one will be up after this guild hits, let's say, 15 members.

- All lessons are stickied so the damn things will stay in order.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:43 pm
Maybe all over the home page add pictures of various locations in Japan, and some art/ists, etc?
& I like the banner.  

flightyPrick

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:58 pm
Cascade-kun
Maybe all over the home page add pictures of various locations in Japan, and some art/ists, etc?
& I like the banner.

Yeah, I should go hunting down some better home page art. The stock picture of kanji looks kind of lame.

Haha thanks! Made it with a free internet service. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:02 pm
Starry Starry Fright
Cascade-kun
& I like the banner.

Yeah, I should go hunting down some better home page art. The stock picture of kanji looks kind of lame.

Haha thanks! Made it with a free internet service. XD

I've seen some other guilds make a big collab of a lot of jrockers/actors to put at the top and other places. If you organize it like, 'do you like ____' with those pictures around it, and 'do you listen to ___' with their pictures etc and the guild information under it, it could end up looking really nice.  

flightyPrick

4,400 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:56 pm
plus we could have Japanese Hiragana game or contest? those are my suggestion if some us master it and those who are still learning.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:52 pm
i like the idea of the different places in Japan for banner. and plus great activities to while at Japan.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
Japanese Academy

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items