Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Court Record [An Ace Attorney Guild]

Back to Guilds

A guild about anything Ace Attorney related. 

Tags: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth, Court Record 

Reply The Court Record [An Ace Attorney Guild]
In this month's Nintendo Power

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:40 pm
Noriyuki Iwadare (composer for T&T and AAI and arranger/conductor of the special 2008 orchestra concert) was featured in the Power Profiles section.

I felt I should share the parts where he talked about Ace Attorney, because I thought it was pretty interesting and people would like to read it. if the artwork on the page is any indication, he is rather hansome = w=

NP: What was it like working on Ace Attorney, given that it's an established series that already had a set musical style?
Iwadare: This was very difficult. Since each composer has their own feel and music format, to keep that style while making new music was something I wasn't used to, so I had a lot of trouble creating the songs. I was able to get some guidance from the composer of Ace Attorney 2, and I realized that rather than adding sounds, the key to Ace Attorney is actually removing sounds. Somehow I was able to pull it off.

NP: It seems like you really enjoyed working on the Ace Attorney concerts. What about them was special to you?
Iwadare: this project started after we created the orchestral cersion of the game music for a CD. I was talking with the game creater Takumi-san (Shu Takumi) and we said, "I guess our next step is to do a full concert." Since I was being offered to fulfill my dream [of conducting a live orchestra], I happily accepted and immediately started on the project. THe work was tough but it was very fulfilling, and I'm grateful to all the staff that was involved in the project.

NP: Which soundtrack that you've worked on is your favorite?
Iwadare: All of the soundtracks I made hold special memories to me, but if I had to choose...it would probably be Grandia. I'll never forget the feeling that I had when I used a full orchestra at a recording for the first time. Of course, the time I created the orchestra-arranged version for all the songs in the Ace Attorney concert on April 25, 2008, as well as conducting that very concert, is a very fond memory of mine, as well.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:36 pm
One more that I forgot:

NP: What other games or game creators do you most admire or respect, and why?
Iwadare: They are all amazing creators, as are their works, so I can't choose any specific ones, but I respect works/creators that are unafraid to try something new. [I've recently been playing] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. It's frustrating that I can't move ahead even though I know what's going to happen! [Laughs]  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The Court Record [An Ace Attorney Guild]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items