Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 pm
So, I just went to my inventory and about 2/3 of it is all sparkly and junk. But not random things, it's all of the CS, EI, MC, and RIG items. None of the commons. I call discrimination!

Moving on.
What do you think about the recent plot update?
Any theories flying around? Your own theories?

I have a feeling it's either got something to do with prom or the summer event (more likely prom). Maybe the return of the Zurg? Maybe a completely new race? New skins for prom? =o  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 pm
Your junk is twinkling 'cause people are stupid. Seriously.

The sparkles are so people will recognize the item as a premium one. Apparently a lot of users were getting scammed while trading 'cause they couldn't tell the difference between a winter rose and the corsages Rina sells and other such nonsense.

But there is a little plot to go with it. The last RIG had two strange dolls Rigel and Mintaka. Single poses and their faces are hooded. Just like Brennivin's doll before we knew who he was. I'm guessing they are Saiph and Hatsya parents (all named for stars in the constellation of Orion! biggrin ) though how they fit into the whole "He is coming" and Gambino's death I'm not sure. I don't think Rigel is the "He" the holiday folks were talking about.

I do think one of them was present at Gambino's just after his death. In the last two panels of "The Fall" you can see some sparkles and then a slightly transparent hand pick up Gambino's last words. Some speculated that it was Ruby who picked up the letter but now that seems really wrong.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:14 am
I was thinking of Prom also... all the sparkle and the Secret prom dress contest.

@sometimes: That is a very good plot speculation, sound fantastic!

But that all seems a bit too complicated for a prom event :/ Maybe it has something to do with the summer event, I heard it's supposed to be something big.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:19 am
From the last AtA Lanzer mentioned that this year's prom is going to be a smaller event. He didn't really say much about the summer event.

I bet the prom will be some sort of fluff ball event with very little to do with the main plot. Now the real question is whether Sal will go dressed as a man or a woman.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:29 am
sometimesalways

The sparkles are so people will recognize the item as a premium one. Apparently a lot of users were getting scammed while trading 'cause they couldn't tell the difference between a winter rose and the corsages Rina sells and other such nonsense.

But there is a little plot to go with it. The last RIG had two strange dolls Rigel and Mintaka. Single poses and their faces are hooded. Just like Brennivin's doll before we knew who he was. I'm guessing they are Saiph and Hatsya parents (all named for stars in the constellation of Orion! biggrin ) though how they fit into the whole "He is coming" and Gambino's death I'm not sure. I don't think Rigel is the "He" the holiday folks were talking about.

I do think one of them was present at Gambino's just after his death. In the last two panels of "The Fall" you can see some sparkles and then a slightly transparent hand pick up Gambino's last words. Some speculated that it was Ruby who picked up the letter but now that seems really wrong.

Second this. I've been doing what little research I was able to do this last week (Flood in Tennessee keeps knocking my power/internet out for the weekend and up to Tuesday) but was able to find some interesting tidbits. The Rigel and Mintaka are each described as "A mysterious gentleman/lady who is glowing/sparkling eerily/strangely". Both of which have hoods very similar to their 'children' in style, and a similar skin tone.

The sparkles are to stay unfortunately according to the Gaia Blog, which irritates me quite a bit. Most people have noticed that if you go to your settings that there is a way to turn off the sparkles, thou I haven't tried it yet to be sure.

As for the storyline, I'm not at all sure how it ties up as well. I'm just personally speculating that the mysterious hand is going to be a new NPC, if not somebody long forgotten for some reason or another.  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:11 pm
New manga!

A New Man  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Salmay
Captain
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:27 pm
How do the sparkly guys tie in with the JERKS?  
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:13 pm
sometimesalways

Wow... for real? confused
Guess people have never heard of hovering over the item. We'll just change our whole system to accommodate the lazy people! Gotta love Californian logic xd

I didn't even notice the new dolls sweatdrop /not a doll person.
Saiph did say "it's them" at the end of the comic, so the parents theory would fit. Or maybe some other kind of relative? I totally forgot about the hand at the end of the Gambino death manga. Maybe that hand belongs to one of the "them" he's talking about?

I think it's too complicated to be part of the prom event too. Especially with the newest plot update. Now we've got the demi gods back in the plot, Saiph and Hatsya + mystery characters, and Crescento hiring Nicolae to assassinate Gino. Can't wait to see how Gaia ties all this together :3

On a completely different note... does anyone else have about 50 pairs of Nico's underwear by now, or is it just me? DC keeps throwing them at me D;  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:05 pm
Karma v2
sometimesalways

Wow... for real? confused
Guess people have never heard of hovering over the item. We'll just change our whole system to accommodate the lazy people! Gotta love Californian logic xd

I didn't even notice the new dolls sweatdrop /not a doll person.
Saiph did say "it's them" at the end of the comic, so the parents theory would fit. Or maybe some other kind of relative? I totally forgot about the hand at the end of the Gambino death manga. Maybe that hand belongs to one of the "them" he's talking about?

I think it's too complicated to be part of the prom event too. Especially with the newest plot update. Now we've got the demi gods back in the plot, Saiph and Hatsya + mystery characters, and Crescento hiring Nicolae to assassinate Gino. Can't wait to see how Gaia ties all this together :3

On a completely different note... does anyone else have about 50 pairs of Nico's underwear by now, or is it just me? DC keeps throwing them at me D;

Haha. The DC is quite broken. I have gotten either pancakes or lidless demon pants almost everyday for 2 weeks now.

I am excited too. I just read the last of the new manga. I can't wait to see how this all plays out.  
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games