Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Roll Call
Swim47 says hi.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:22 pm
Hi! I am a complete beginner at Japanese, but I thought it would be fun and appropriate, since i watch alot of anime shows. Currently, i'm taking spanish classes and am trying to learn a little tagalog as well. Nice to meet you!  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:11 pm
And very nice to meet you as well. So you're a language-type person, are you? They say that once you start learning languages, your brain has an easier time picking up new ones.

I'm not quite so talented. Just English and Japanese for me (and a little bit of French, as it is mandatory in this beautiful country of mine...).

Have you looked at any of the lessons yet?  

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:16 pm
yeah i have looked at some of the lessons. you're really good at explaining the details and how they relate to japanese culture. Maybe the reason i try to learn so many languages is because i'm mixed race: part african american, spanish, filipina, chinese... smile nice to meet you.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:25 pm
I wanted to learn russian and japanese at the same time. Of course, it's a really bad idea. crying

But anyway. Welcome. heart

x Falsi

Shameless Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Starry Starry Fright
Captain

Quotable Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:51 pm
Swim47
yeah i have looked at some of the lessons. you're really good at explaining the details and how they relate to japanese culture. Maybe the reason i try to learn so many languages is because i'm mixed race: part african american, spanish, filipina, chinese... smile nice to meet you.

Well thank you! redface Nice to see that I have educational value.

Quite the mix of heritages you have, much more interesting than my solid French-Canadian background. Funny enough, I speak virtually no French...

Is Tagalog a difficult language? I've never seen or heard it, but I know it's very widespread.  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:25 am
Swim47 : o.o Wow, you got lot of races!!>.<

Starry Starry Fright : For me Chinese is easier for me, Tagalog is hard.....=_="  

Fratalizite

Fashionable Shopper

Swim47

9,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:38 am
haha, tagalog is easier to read because it uses the same characters as english, but it can be confusing at times (especially since native speakers speak so fast sweatdrop ) so i would say harder to learn than spanish, but easier than japanese, but that's just my opinion smile  
Roll Call

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games