Sure, grrrr!!!
View Results

Kinnei

5,650 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Informer 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:55 am
So...starting soon the number of people you invite to join Gaia who actually take you up on the offer will influence the quality of prize you get from the Daily Chance. Is anyone as ticked off as I am about this? I don't know one other person who would want to join Gaia, let alone twenty-five. Kinnei is a mad panda right now. mad  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:48 am
I know that I've already invited all of my friends that weren't already on Gaia. The only way I would be able to get anywhere close to the top prizes would be if I start multiple accounts from different e-mails. crying  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:01 pm
I invited bunch of friends a long time ago and now only one of them shows up in the my Invite history and I'm not sure that even counts gonk

I don't have anyone to invite anymore scream  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:02 pm
Yeah, I am peeved about this change. As an older user I find it kind of insulting. Gaia is my guilty pleasure. I don't think any of my friends would like to be invited to a dress-up doll forum site.

It's too bad that most users will be stuck in the lower tier with no chance of winning anything cool. They could have at least made it so there was a super slim chance of winning something cool. I guess I'll be turning off my DC next week and wait for the new items to drop in price over the next couple of months. No sense in clicking anymore.  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:11 pm
Aside from personally being ticked, I think this was a particularly stupid move by Gaia.

It may get a few more real users, but mostly it's just going to spawn a brick sh*t ton of mules because people want the items so bad. So Gaia gets a flood of new accounts and only a small hand-full of new users in the mess of it.

Worth it? I don't think so..
I really don't see this as lasting very long. I predict a huge backlash of ranting following the changes.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:39 pm
I agree. I invited everyone I thought might enjoy Gaia long ago. Some joined, some didn't, some quit.

I am not going to be bugging people again. Off with DC.  

Salmay
Captain

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 am
I just read the announcement again...

0 invites: The standard stuff. 5-10 Gold, bugs, trash, starter items, etc.

3 invites Payouts of 20 Gold and up, wearable items worth up to 500 Gold, no starter items, no trash/bugs/flowers (you'll still get ink!).

10 invites: Payouts of 50 Gold and up, wearable items worth up to 2000 Gold, aquarium fish, exclusive Daily Chance items and better odds of getting the good stuff.

25 invites: Payouts of 100 Gold and up, high-end shops items, aquarium fish, the rarest Daily Chance items, new exclusives, better odds and a chance to win 1 million Gold.

Does this mean that the people with the sucky DC will never get a single hermit or a cuttle fish again gonk That's how I keep my tank alive -.-  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:13 am
Aww noo... it just keeps getting WORSE! I don't use any of the fish outside the ones I get in DC. Now it will die even more then its been lately.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:54 am
There are 2 petitions going around, I signed both of them. This is just plain popularity contest, I don't even have 25 friends and I'm quite sure I couldn't even get 10 people to sing up if I send them invites.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:10 pm
Now that I think about this, it's actually promoting spam. How many people do you think are going to go out there and just spam random people's email in hopes that enough people will sign up so they can get the good stuff? I guess in some cases it's free PR for Gaia, but mostly just spam email for non-Gaians confused

WTG admins...  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 pm
Good news! It seems that they are reconsidering the DC upgrade. Not sure if anybody else has seen this yet, but I found it interesting. link  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:15 am
They say that every person you have invited will count.. Yeah, right stare Only one of the people I have invited past couple years show up in my invite history....

I like my Daily Chance as it is, a chance!  

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:49 am
Yurro
Good news! It seems that they are reconsidering the DC upgrade. Not sure if anybody else has seen this yet, but I found it interesting. link

Well...it is nice to see that they are listening then again when you have thousands voices saying "oh hell no" its kind of hard to ignore it.

I'm hoping they will do something like certain facebook games do; every day you log in you get better chance at the DC. Like 7 days of activity moves you up the chance ladder. I mean that is what they want right? Active members who stop by every day and maybe spend a little cash here and there. I do that Gaia. Don't punish me for my guilty pleasure. mad  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:16 pm
sometimesalways
Yurro

Well...it is nice to see that they are listening then again when you have thousands voices saying "oh hell no" its kind of hard to ignore it.

I'm hoping they will do something like certain facebook games do; every day you log in you get better chance at the DC. Like 7 days of activity moves you up the chance ladder. I mean that is what they want right? Active members who stop by every day and maybe spend a little cash here and there. I do that Gaia. Don't punish me for my guilty pleasure. mad

Waaaay better idea!! More activity is much better than inviting a bunch of useless new accounts. Get the people who are here more active first and maybe more people will be interested in the site.

Maybe have a little more of a spread out ladder than Ocean Party though. It's a little too easy to log on for a week straight XD Maybe every 7 days you move up to another tier of the prize ladder? I'd rather be rewarded for being active.

I found this kinda funny:
pirula
The idea is to let you do something to "earn" a better set of prizes so that we could give out more gold & items in daily chance without ruining the economy.

fyi dev, the economy has already gone to s**t. Too late trying to act concerned about that now confused  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers