Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]
Body covering

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belive_In_Your_Heart911

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:45 pm
I was wondering...where are we aloud to show our body...?
I know this is a dumb question but I have just recently become a muslim because my mom married a muslim guy after her divorce(Oh and is that aloud?Marrying another man after the divorce?)
Anyways...
I was wearing a tank top around the house with shorts to my knees...To make sure I checked online and it said nothing about the shorts but it did say the we have to cover our arms till our elbows
Is this correct or are we aloud to wear tank tops?  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:56 pm
You're not allowed to wear tank tops outside of the house.. as for in the house, you can wear whatever you want.. as long as there aren't any non-mahram men in the house.. ya.. but you still want to be modest in the house too.. like.. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing those itty bitty shorts around the house, with my father and brothers.. but tank tops are fine as long as long as you're in the house xd

I hope I helped 4laugh  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

neonpineapple

Partying Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:25 am
im a muslim too... i think u dont have to do... cuz anythin dont say like tht... i wear shorts, miniskirts xD do wat u want i think ^^  
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:12 am
_sselinn
im a muslim too... i think u dont have to do... cuz anythin dont say like tht... i wear shorts, miniskirts xD do wat u want i think ^^

...*Sigh*....*Tsk*

We are allowed to show our hands and face. But only if we want to. The only other skin I show are my arms no higher than my elbows, as you mentioned.

And of course it is allowed to marry again. Why not?  

Qaroquine

Thirteenth Pumpkin

14,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:30 pm
I agree with Lenighma (though I don't show any of my arm aside from hands, but that's more my preference & comfort level than anything). It is at your discretion though. It would be wrong to force someone to wear the hijab or make them cover themselves, but it is better for you to cover yourself as much as you believe is right. Modesty is really a lot better for various reasons. If you wish for elaboration, just ask. Anyhow, it says in the Qu'ran to cover yourself aside from that which is apparent, & what you consider that to be is up to you. Most Muslims, including scholars, consider that to be everything except hands & face. I wish you well & hope you find the answers you're searching for~ I'll be beginning to wear the hijab in about two or so weeks. I'm very excited & happy about that, just as a little note that may hopefully be supportive. I'm just another human trying to follow Allah's will as well as I can.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:08 am
I think (but this is just my opinion) that some of us believe strongly that we should cover EVERYTHING, and some of us belive we should cover only in Salah!  

Dannoo10

Wandertoal-Haqq

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:57 am
Yes, we may have different beliefs on this subject...  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:08 am
Belive_In_Your_Heart911
I know this is a dumb question but I have just recently become a muslim because my mom married a muslim guy after her divorce(Oh and is that aloud?Marrying another man after the divorce?)
Anyways...
I was wearing a tank top around the house with shorts to my knees...To make sure I checked online and it said nothing about the shorts but it did say the we have to cover our arms till our elbows

I am a Muslim too.But different Muslims believe in different things.Some don't cover their bodies,but they believe in everything in the religion.Some cover their bodies and follow the things in the religion.I don't cover my body,but I make sure what I wear is apropriate.  

Brittanthegreat

Empirical

Ruthless Autobiographer

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:11 pm
I love to cover all over my body so I feel much safer, however in home I just wear T-Shirts, shorts (more like a guy) and stockings (sometimes just because of some health problem). Outside I wear dark colour (beside from school), still wear hijab but wear shirts (Long-sleeve) . . . well more like boyish looks . . .
I don't know much about this but do things that you think good

Saddest Shade of Kitsune
I agree with Lenighma (though I don't show any of my arm aside from hands, but that's more my preference & comfort level than anything). It is at your discretion though. It would be wrong to force someone to wear the hijab or make them cover themselves, but it is better for you to cover yourself as much as you believe is right. Modesty is really a lot better for various reasons. If you wish for elaboration, just ask. Anyhow, it says in the Qu'ran to cover yourself aside from that which is apparent, & what you consider that to be is up to you.

I agree with that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:51 am
Brittanthegreat
Belive_In_Your_Heart911
Anyways...

I am a Muslim too.But different Muslims believe in different things.Some don't cover their bodies,but they believe in everything in the religion.Some cover their bodies and follow the things in the religion.I don't cover my body,but I make sure what I wear is apropriate.

well i know that for every strand of hair shown you receive curses from angels for every second it is seen , the only parts of our bodies we are allowed to show is our face and hands,but there is a reason we are supposed to cover ourselves.  

chocolatechip_pistachio

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:04 am
Dannoo10
I think (but this is just my opinion) that some of us believe strongly that we should cover EVERYTHING, and some of us belive we should cover only in Salah!

I am one of those who covers only in Salaat.. partially because my mother won't let me wear hijab yet stare but on two years when I'm not living at home I will wear the hijab constantly.. Also, you can still dress modestly even when not wearing the hijab, keep in mind that just wearing the hijab alone doesn't automatically make you modest stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 am
ll_SheiLa_ll

do you wear this outside your house or infront of men confused  

chocolatechip_pistachio

Symphony of Havoc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:50 pm
personally I just wear loose/not tight fitting shirts and loose but not baggy pants, but only because I live in California and it is always hot. I sometimes wear full Hijab but not all the time or to school since there is a uniform I must wear.

This is an easy way to understand Hijab and why it is worn:

http://fullwhitemoon.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2l2pr5

this artist also has other things like this made to make Islam easy to understand, since your new to the religion  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:05 pm
i wear hijab and jilbab... but somtimes i think is the jilbab reali necessary... cuz i do wear full sleeves, and full trousers, and no neck/boobs/hair showng..... wcha guys think....  

spottystripes

Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff