Welcome to Gaia! ::

Starstorm Literary Rper's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place where Lit/Semi Lit writers can relax,and have fun & create rp's & follow story lines. Share short storys they have written! 

Tags: Roleplaying of all kinds, Art/writing, Contests, OCC chats, Romance 

Reply Fantasy Dust room (rping area)
Almaren (Closed)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

trischalli

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:07 pm
Almaren

The Planet, Almaren is over 95% covered in water and only 5% covered in land, one continent, Antaeus. In 1400 AL (Above Liquifey) Warriors lived on Antaeus with just a few scant scientists and mages. Warriors governed with the scientists and mages in the backdrop, hiding themselves from society. Workers were oppressed and treated as servants to the Warriors. Scribes were few and well prized as the literate faction to archive the history of Almaren. Of course, scientists and mages could read as well but they were not counted in this society, since many passed themselves off as workers or scribes.

As the scribes have written and taught to all, The Great Awakening was when the goddess, Farency, creator of all form and the god, Enswalls, creator of destruction, was birthed from the universe, the water substance known as Liquifey. Once Farency was born, she molded Almaren into a sphere of Liquifey and land. This Liquifey was not the magical sort as the universe was made from but the normal waters that are there now. Then she gave life to the planet with animals and humans. Enswalls created light, dark, the seasons, and the cycle of life and death.

The Warriors worshiped Enswalls above Farency and using their strength to keep the other factions oppressed. However, they fought mostly among themselves. After years and years of devoring up the land, the land turned barren and unusable to the Almarens. The Warriors turned to the mages and scientists to come up with a solution. They decided to look to making a new life in the water. The scientist created a substance called plascysis, that is fortified by a cohesion mage spell. Plascysis was formed into a bubble that was anchored to the underwater mountains below. Inside the scientists and mages worked together to create a platform and rooms in it for a new home, Ebonaire, named after the first woman to appear on Almaren as records show.

Quickly the Warriors snatched up their place again as the rulers of the Almarens and overtime their insecurities ruled their hearts. They feared they would no longer be of use to their people; thus, they asked the mages and scientists to build another bubble. A second plascysis was built and called Nephthalen, the first known mage. When Nephthalen was being settled, Warriors sabotaged the bubble, killing thousands.

The mages and scientists that survived built an underwater craft to allow them to move quickly under water far away from Ebonaire, a halfway across the planet. This is where they built the third bubble, called Gal'efreyz, the name of the current leader of the mages.

In Gal'efreyz, scientist Trelemar found the source of the mages abilities. The mages blood consisted of the original Liquifey Farency and Enswalls was birthed from. Further study found that their blood was impossible to synthesize. Yet the mages and scientists worked together, no faction trying to rule the other one. They held a council body that governed the people with a few people wanting to learn the Warriors' way and some wanting to also learn the Workers' way.

Meawhile back at Ebonaire, the Warriors found some crude blueprints of the underwater craft and had the Workers construct it. Some of these Workers were also Scientists in disguise, correcting anything that needed to be altered on the blueprints. The craft worked and they were able to ascent to the land again.

Arriving on Antaeus in 400 BL (Below Liquifey), they found humanoid aliens have occupied the land.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:09 pm
Rules for Almaren:

1. Please abide by the Guild and Gaia Terms of Service.
2. Please keep the profanity and vulgarity to a minimum.
3. Please keep the violence to a PG-13.
4. Make only attempts when acting upon another character (eg. 'tries to grab his arm') - No God Moding or Power Posing.
5. Send me explanations of the magical powers you plan to have, if any.
6. Give a few paragraphs of a background for your character.
7. Make one character per scene.
8. Ask me if you have ideas for NPCs you want to control, else don't add them in. I'll be playing the NPCs, otherwise.
9. No harassing other players.
10. Please attempt to spell and use grammar correctly. I'll be editing as best as I can, otherwise.

Ebonaire and Faction Information

Warrior's Faction
Seven Houses: Oscade (Ruling House), Primat, Ermid, Jellas, Nurfris, Westom, and Yappiv.

Oscade: Specializes in Strategy and Tactics, Most diplomatic among the Houses, Currently the Ruling House with less internal fighting, Gets along with other Houses easily.

Primat: Specializes in Bowery and Archery, Most cunning and sly among the Houses, Was the previous Ruling House and is shamed by losing its status, Favors Yappiv.

Ermid: Specializes in Swordsmithing, Strongest physically of the Houses, Bluntness and forwardness is their manner, Favors Oscade and Westom.

Jellas: Specializes in staves and spears, any wooded weapon. Most adept and dexterous of the Houses even in their humor, Favors Oscade and Nurfris.

Nurfris: Specializes in martial arts and melee fighting, Hardest to understand but also the House that understands others well, Favors Jellas.

Westom: Specializes in using two weapons at once, Prankster House, Known to be the House with the funniest sense of humor, Favors Ermid.

Yappiv: Specialize in exotic weapons, House that is brash and foolishly runs into battle first, Favors Primat

Worker's Faction
Their structure is very simple. They do not have a leader but they work together to ensure that each worker is not abused even in the conditions. They use hand gestures and facial expressions such as blinking to talk to each other in passing when in the presence of Warriors. Many Workers know several trades; carpentry, plumbing, sewing, etc. Some Workers are also scientists and mages that have hidden themselves.

Ebonaire
The first bubble made of magic and plascysis, the city home of the Warriors and Workers. The rooms aren't luxurious unless the rooms are for the Primat House. Colors that are primarily used are tan and cream with the furniture being red, green and blue.

NOTE: Information will be added here regarding this scene.  

trischalli

trischalli

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:10 pm
Character Profile

Please SEND ME by PM your Character Profile, then I'll add it here. The code to use is:
[color=green]Name:[/color]
[color=green]Age:[/color]
[color=green]Rank:[/color]
[color=green]Faction:[/color]
[color=green]House:[/color]
[color=green]Skills:[/color]
[color=green]Appearance:[/color]
[color=green]Background:[/color]

Trischalli's Character
Name: Reskui of Oscade House
Faction: Warrior
Skills: Martials Arts, Archery, Strategist, Tactician, Swordsman, Leadership, Intimidation, Charisma
Appearance:Reference Image for Reskui
Background:
Reskui is born the first child of Malda and Simmar of Oscade House. With Alled of Primat House as Leader, her house was kept in the backdrop. Her parents were Alled's Alpha guards and very loyal to him. As the years went on Reskui trained and trained as a warrior with the ways of Enswalls teachings. Warriors knew that battle scars were a trademark to savor, showing each scar as a lesson in life. Much of the conversations as the main Gathering were tales woven about a person's scars.

Alled though turned sour with brutality and that was not a warriors way as she thought. Her teachers were of honor of her faction that Warriors remained strong in body as well in heart, which would cause them to lead. Reskui learned later that the truth was Warriors lead due to their fears over their incompetency of knowledge. Warriors were not smart like scientists or mages. They understood to be cunning and sly.

When she was 33, Warrior Houses rebelled against the oppression of Alled and she had to fight her way to be leader, ending her last blow to kill Alled and his arch-enemy, Brallud.

They took her as Leader as she had no desire to levy and vie for favors or power. She was disgusted with the ego of others and fought her own insecurities. Still she didn't realize that the Warrior faction was oppressing the workers.

At 36, slowly the rumors and gossip trailed to her ears about the workers rebellion and the aliens above which she had seen with her own eyes. Fear and panic started holding onto the other Warrior Houses and giving a chance for the Workers to cause a divide in the Warriors.

dark_moon_star's Character
Name: Ravensmaria Of Oscade House
Faction: Warrior/Mage
House: Oscade
Skills: Archery - uses a large scale bow and arrow
Blades-men - Uses two soul caster blades resemble elongated daggers.
Mind reader - Reads people's thoughts that graze the surface of their minds. She can read deeper but that drains her energy to the point in which she blacks out.
Pulse reader - She can sense a person is telling the truth or lie by there heartbeat pulsations.
Dark magic - She uses things that are considered taboo magic which sometimes fails.

Appearance: User Image

Background: She was looked at as a oddball among her people. After all, her father was a great warrior of the House and he was to marry in to a Warrior bloodline as expected of him. After all, he was of a higher bloodline. Hexon, her father, broke that tradition and fell in love with Rosemaria, a Mage, there in the House.

When they were wed, his family did not attend nor did his mother or father come to see Ravensmaria, when she was born a year later. He was killed when she was two. He was on the battlefield, where he was wounded gravely.

Her mother died of a mere broken heart soon after, leaving Raven all alone. Her mother's family took her in and taught her the ways of her mother's craft. However, soon her father's family came and took her away at the age of fifteen from her beloved grandma and grandpa. She became depressed in the Oscade household because she was good enough to be a warrior like her father. Yet to her, she was still
both and would continue to learn both.

She still sneeks out to see a mage named, Drin, that lives in the House.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:11 pm
The Scene Starts:

After descending back down to Ebonaire from Antaeus, Reskui settles back into her small quarters. It has been three years since the Turnover and her leadership given to her, but she remains in the small quarters from before that time. The luxurious rooms that Alled had, she ordered to be made into smaller rooms for the Workers to reside in. The past was the past to her and thus, she looks to find understanding in the present so the future of her faction will thrive.

She sits alone on the padded bench that leans against the farthest wall from the main doors of her quarters. Her bed is in a smaller room out to the right down a hallway that holds her closet. Fingers touch several files, tapping them while she thinks. Little murmurs slip out her mouth but her room is quiet besides her soft voice.

Meanwhile, the seven House Warriors are quibbling amongst themselves out in the Feast Hall, domed with window tiles so they may see out to ocean that Ebonaire is in. The Plascysis is barely noticeable but most often stare at the sea creatures that swim nearby.

In the backdrop, the Workers scurry about making sure food is cooked and cleaning is done for the Warriors. They give signals to each other in blinks and slight hand gestures they've taught each other when needed to speak without voice.

Please mention which part of the scene you're getting involved with; The Workers, The Warriors, or Reskui, herself.  

trischalli

dark_moon_star
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:48 am
Ravensmaria: Workers
User Image

Raven had her cloak on, the one that was embroidered in a gold and red upon black silk. It was her mother's before she had died. And lately she could wear it for the size of the robe suited her height. She was looked down upon by her father's family for wearing it. They told her it was a way of embracing the mud blood she was. As if forgetting who her mother was completely would solve all of her handicaps as they put them.

She was that of a taboo nature, something created out of unholiness. But to Raven she was the beginning of a new way. Proof that the warriors in the faction didn't have a presidency over those whom where that of worker or mage. She was that combined. She helped a young child whom had fallen while playing. "Here you go, lad." but he looked at her and ran to his mother who was working a cleaners tube. Her whispered to her, "Mud blood"... She sighed and continued on her way.

She was to set an example, to bring this to the surface and solve the unfair divisions of class and worth in the world in which she was born. She turned the corner up a cobblestone street just out side of the main square. She walked at a quick pace and vanished in to a house with the mark of a mage on the door.

Inside of the small shack-like structure of a home, there was an older man rocking in a chair humming a folklore tune. "Drin, oh Drin, I am here for my lesson we don't have long I must be back within the hour of which the sun dial passes the mark."She striped the cloak from her shoulders and hung it upon a hook that was near the door. She dusted off her skirt and walked over towards Drin. Drin had been a close friend of her father's mother back before she was born. Drin became her friend when she lived in her grandparent's home. Drin would come over and visit, teaching her the ways of a Mage due to the fact that her grandparent's couldn't because of their magic being that of light and her's dark.

She was glad that she could sneak out and see him, after all he was part of this faction. It gave her a messenger between her and her grandparents whom where part of another faction all together.  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:43 am
Drin, who was as spry as ever even at his old age, sat at his desk, peering at book. "And what lesson are you here for, young lady?"

He slid off his wired framed glasses before turning his head towards her, "You didn't stop by the kitchens? I had my heart set on Saren's breadrolls. Stuff me with food while I teach you!" sighing but already he was up from his chair.

"Come, I've been waiting to show you this book. You can't take it with you because this has to do with your magic. Remember when I told you of the Plascysis? I think with enough focus, you could make something that was the beginnings of the bubble we live in now." Drin licked his lips, which were always dry.

He walked to the tall bookshelf that rested against the farthest wall from the door. Fingers pulled it out a small book, then flipped it open. It wasn't the book he showed her though, a smaller book was contained inside. A rather small, small book, the length of her finger and as wide as three fingers. "This was encrypted and kept hidden for those that would use such magics. There are only 50 of us left here after the betrayal that the Warriors did upon the Mages and Scientists." He often reminded her of the small number of mages left.

"I've deciphered the creation of the bubble." He waggled the tiny book in her direction. "I'd like you to try it. Small though." He walked back to his desk, putting the book down when he got there. He moved a bright light with magnifier over the tiny book, fingers grabbing a tweezer to flip the pages.

"It was written by a scientist and mage working together. The full formula of a Plascysis bubble is in here. You keep your lips sealed on this or you'll be punished. As an Oscade, you'll be doubly punished and exiled into Antaeus. Who knows what those aliens will do with you!" Drin gave her fair warning, then he sat back down.  

trischalli

dark_moon_star
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:52 pm
She reached in to her pocket pulling out a cloth that had something in it. "Ha I didn't forget I just like to see the look on your face when you think I forgot about your favorite snack." She set the bread rolls beside Drin, "Trust me, my dear friend, I wouldn't be such a fool to out right my secrets. Exile is far from where I am heading."

She looked at the tiny book through the magnifying glass. This is just what she needed to learn. Her powers where increasing to points where control was difficult. After all she was only half-mage.

She was worrisome about that at times. What if it came to a point when she couldn't control her own ability? Her mother had been the strongest Mage of her time because she was from a strong bloodline which made her magic potent even in her body.

Drin was always telling her that she was the key to the Mages freedom. Sometimes she wondered if it was only a old man's hope that clouded his judgment on her capabilities.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:11 pm
Drin laughed at her words, "You have such disdain for the Warriors. May I add without your father, you'd not be alive now." A finger waggled at Ravensmaria but that same finger snagged up a bread roll.

After a bite is eaten, he tells her, "I want you to put a bubble around this paperweight." He moves the heavy stone, sitting on several files to the edge of the desk.

"Remember, open your mind, focus, and incant the words written for the spell. The words only help the focus, they are not the spell themselves. Feel the magic rise in you, then weave it around the stone." were the words as his instructions to her.

He merely waited for her to follow through.  

trischalli

dark_moon_star
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:03 pm
Ravensmaria "I don't dist-est them all just hose whom have harmed me and dishonored my fathers name in the means of shameful on-slot of of childish action of distrust and alienation towards my being" She sighed "Do not think me uncaring towards them"

She began to do as he asked with the paper wight and hummed and chanted a tune, she completed the task after 2 attempts.Her focus was a bit off and she couldn't help it. She had a feeling that tonight wasn't going to be a good night after all it was the anniversary of her fathers death on the battle field.

"Ok is that correct Drin"  
Fantasy Dust room (rping area)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff