Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)
The 7 Healing Chakras By Brenda Davies, M.D.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 am
Anyone read this book?
I ordered it online and got it in the mail today and before I crack the cover I just was curious if anyone else has already read it and what they think about it or its author.

I also have the workbook that goes along with it that is apparently to help:

Explore how Chakras lead to good health
Clear psychological and emotional blocks
Provides exercises and meditations

Almost sounds to good to be true lol  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:27 am
I was dissatisfied with this book. I feel the quality of the information has very little to do with what chakras are and have more to do with Western reinventions of the concepts. It's one of those books that has just enough information to be dangerous since it doesn't address the very complex systems in Ayurvedic medicine that are needed to deal with chakras correctly- especially if something goes wrong.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm
I'd never heard of it, and couldn't find anything at all on the author when I tried looking her up, so I can't really say too much one way or the other.

One of my personal favorite books on the subject of Chakras is Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith. It's also more based on Western usage/interpretation, but it does go into a lot more detail.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:21 pm
too2sweet
I'd never heard of it, and couldn't find anything at all on the author when I tried looking her up, so I can't really say too much one way or the other.

One of my personal favorite books on the subject of Chakras is Wheels of Life: A User's Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith. It's also more based on Western usage/interpretation, but it does go into a lot more detail.

I recommend that one as well. She doesn't encourage people to work with techniques that require advanced training in yogic principles.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

BeautyandStupid

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:15 am
Never have read it but Ive seen it in the store before. Tell me how you end up liking it!  
*~Reading Room~* (discussions on books/authors)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games