Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter?
  +1
View Results

xSilentSounds

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:33 pm
I have a question:
What is the best way to remember a dance/learn a dance?

Because my friend & I were going to learn some dances from Korean songs, and it just so happens that we're going to do some SNSD songs. We're going to be doing some songs such as, Run Devil Run, Genie/Tell Me Your Wish, & Gee.

We are both sorta like noobs too, haha. So it'd be our first time doing something like this. >.<
Any suggestions can & will help! Thank you for your timee!~ ♥

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:54 am
Hm, well I only just started dancing recently myself, but the best way to remember is to practice one song at a time. And to make sure you know what you're doing and that you have a lot of space to work with. I watch the dance version of MVs multiple times before dancing all out. I even dance in my seat while watching. And hopefully you know this by now, but if not, watch MIRRORED VERSIONS of dances, this helped me A LOT.

And remember, Practice makes Permanent, so practice a lot and the moves with be etched in your brain for a long time.  

Seo Chan Hee

BaboRen
Captain

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:42 am
User Image
User Imagefor me, i learn little by little at a time and practice it all from the beginning like if i learn 30 seconds then ill practice all 30 seconds. then if i learn 1 minute of it, then i'll practice all that 1 minute because if i only practice the new part, ill forget the old parts

also the wawa school academy or i forgot teh name xD has some good videos of just the dances.

and some of snsd's dance versions are on youtube too for Oh! and Gee. not sure about the others yet

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:45 am
I know most of thier dances... (RDR, Gee, Tell Me Your Wish, Kissing You, and lots) And I practice with alot of people so if you dont know what to do then you will look at them... After a few practices, you will get it right without looking... Or you can dance and watch the video over and over.. Thats all i got! ^^  

xxxBxDreamyAmyxxx

Aboobination

Witty Ladykiller

11,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:38 pm
I learned Run Devil Run by watching a lot their performances and trying to dance it the way I saw it.. and I learned like random parts and kept learning them randomly.. and then I finally learned it all =)
You should do what BaboRen said, like learning one at a time and then when you learn like some you practice it.. then when you learn more, you practice the whole thing so you won't forget it; that's what I do when I'm learning a dance.

I wanna learn Genie myself! >_< but I haven't had the time to do it..I just know random parts haha

Good luck! =)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:33 pm
woo! i totally luv dancing to kpop!
the way i learn my dances is to listen to the song till i basically have the lyrics in my head.Then i would start to watch the performances and jus try to learn the choreo from there, but if that doesnt help. then i would switch to watching the mirrored versions. smile OMG i jus finish learning RDR! to me all of SNSD's songs are fun to learn. and plus i get to annoy my friends with them. ahahah im trying to spread k-pop all around da world >:]  

Xx_D-Ninja_xX

Wonderful Sone Vu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:52 pm
User Image

lol I am trying to spread kpop to my friends but it doesn't work. xd

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:42 am
The best way for me to learn a dance is by remembering the chorus parts because those appear a lot. Remembering parts step at a time will do you good.  

sutekihana

SNSD-Girls' Generation Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff