Tags: Vampires, Raziel, Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Eidos 

Reply The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum
Games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite horror genre game series
  Legacy of Kain (it has vampires, its a horror)
  Don't tell me that Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask aren't scary
  Silent Hill
  Bioshock
  Fatal Frame
  Other
View Results

ArkRaptor
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:14 pm

User Image

I am currently playing Bioshock, off and on on Yume Nikki, and Pokemon SoulSilver.

Hells yes I recommend Bioshock. I love it to death,
which is saying a lot since I generally dislike FPS games.

...Maybe I could recommend Bioshock to Raziel?
Both he and the main character Jack have "daddy issues"
and free-will issues. But at least Jack eventually catches
the guy he's chasing. I wonder if Raziel would save or harvest
the Little Sisters? Hmmmm......

Yume Nikki....oh man oh man oh man oh man.
Really, if you're into get really weirded out and playing
adventure games where you mainly just run around and find stuff,
Yume Nikki is a pretty surreal trip for ya. Crazy s**t goes down in that game.

Hmm. I'm not really sure if I would recommend it to a LoK character.
Well, you're exploring the surreal and disturbing dreams of a
japanese girl who is also a freaky shut-in and *SPOILERS*

apparently suicidal, as she throws herself off the balcony at the end of the game.
Maybe Magnus would like exploring Madotsuki's crazy dreams? XD

No comment on Pokemon. :B

User Image
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 am

(Main: you honestly think Turel would have in depth knowledge on DDR other than "spazzing to music" too?)

Lieutenant Turel

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 am

Playing: (On PC) Fate, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, World of Goo

Commonality:
Fate: <-- with a name like that? I'll let you decide
RCT3: ...uhm...no...?
World of Goo: ...well, there are boxes involved...

Recommend: All of them, hell yes. But for different reasons.
Fate: Dungeons and killing things. Vampires, ghosts, wraiths. And I swear the Lich looks like Kain on crack. Plus the Assassin Blade looks like the Reaver...
RCT3: You get to ride your creations! It's like the coolest ever. Go into Sandbox mode with unlimited cash, build the biggest coolest ride ever, and ride it all the time. Yeah, it gets tedius when you're in career and out of cash, but you get to crash the coasters into people if you open it before finishing it. And you can drown people. It's fun.
Goo: Now that's a cute/fun game. Okay, you got these goo balls, right? Ignore the fact that they look like drops of oil, the game came out last year, before BP killed the world. The goo can build on each other. You can build towers of goo. Bridges, ladders, and all of this is built with GOO. You make it through levels by getting as many goo balls to the end of the level as possible. Whatever goo is left over after the minimum is deducted gets sent to your personal tower building toy box area.

What Character:
Fate: Kain and Raziel
RCT3: Turel
World of Goo: Janos and Vorador
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:42 am

And by the way, my favorite 'horror genre' is and always will be Resident Evil series. I luffles Pyramid Head, don't get me wrong, but I grew up on Resident Evil. It was one of the first PS1 games I got.

I'm ignoring the fact that the very first game I'd ever bought for the PS1 is Soul Reaver...

Fun fact: the first game I got for the PS2 was a 3-pack set of Grand Theft Auto (GTA3, GTA: VC, GTA: SA).

Chryssta

Lonely Shapeshifter

Queen Sarafina
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:53 am

I miss GTA: SA, me and Raiem had so much fun with that game >:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:43 pm

What new games should I buy for my Wii?

Lieutenant Turel

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:31 pm

I've never played on the Wii, so I can't really say. But I hear there's a Prince of Persia on the Wii, I imagine that would be quite fun. surprised

I think my favorite horror game would be Clive Barker's Undying, it's satisfyingly scary, but doesn't rely on you wandering around in the dark with a crappy little torch to get you scared, it has lots of good monsters, and an excellent plot.

Wikipedia
The game begins in 1923, after World War I veteran Patrick Galloway receives an urgent letter from his friend Jeremiah Covenant. Covenant, well aware of Galloway's reputation for dealing with occult matters, is in failing health and raves about a curse that has destroyed his entire family. Galloway travels to the Covenant estate on the coast of Ireland to visit his friend, who relates an outlandish tale of supernatural terrors.

Jeremiah Covenant is one of five children, along with his siblings Ambrose, Lizbeth, and twins Aaron and Bethany. As children, the Covenants found a strange occult book in their father's library and performed a ritual found within at an ancient set of standing stones located on an island on their family's extensive estate. This seemingly childish game however, brought the wrath of evil forces upon the family. After reaching adulthood, the Covenants fell one by one into madness and then death, eventually leaving Jeremiah as the only survivor. The power of the curse, however, has reanimated his fallen brothers and sisters as monsters of pure evil; they have been haunting Jeremiah and he fears that he will soon follow where they have gone.

Galloway decides to honor his friend's wishes by trying to stop whatever was set in motion long ago at the ancient stones where the ritual was performed. Through the Covenants' journals and Galloway's own memories, the player learns more about the nature of the curse and the creature behind it: The Undying King, a powerful demonic presence threatening to destroy the reality we inhabit.

While attempting to prevent the Undying King from entering our world, Patrick must face off against the four undead Covenant siblings as well as Otto Keisinger, an evil rival who simply wants to gain power from the demonic forces.

I would definitely recommend this game! I don't usually like 1st person games, but this one gets 4 1/2 out of 5 stars from me! It's almost as good as LoK! mrgreen
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:09 pm

It's the game system I (personally) own.

That game sounds interesting Tabby

Lieutenant Turel

Bluetabbycat
Crew

Jeering Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Yes, it is rather good. 3nodding
The Clan Sanctuary - Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash