god of tragedy

Name: Sikitika
Stage (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult): adult
Species: lion
Parents: -
Offspring: -
Domain: Tragedy
Have you had your quest approved? yes
Description: mostly left up to colorist's discretion, with some general guidelines, and vague ideas!

I'd like black&white and some blues used -- I imagine he's on the darker side, given his domain, so the white would either be used as the usual lion underbelly/toe/muzzle markings or some random accents, or whatever. I'm unsure of whether he'd look better with a black body (with a possible blueish glow for accents), or a dull dark blue/aqua body. I'd like the color palette on the reference image to be used as the only color other than black&white, with the furthest palette gradient bar on the right being colors to use for small markings only, and not something that would cover a lot of his body.
I don't care if all three of the blue palettes are used; one is fine, and I'd be surprised if all three were able to be integrated well together on one pet, actually. Two is optimum, maybe?
BASICALLY: BLACK&WHITE&ANY BLUES FROM MY BLUE PALETTE ON REF IMAGE (the blues from the furthest ends of each gradient are favored over the middle area). if you could do some markings that sort of "shine" or "gloss" like the actual gradient, though, that'd be awesome!

MUST have some form of tear marking under one eye and/or a scar (either pinkish-scar-flesh-colored or red). (look at ref) other than that, whatever other markings you'd like on the rest of the body! also, if you want to use a color other than blue, I guess a bloody red could be used to a small degree, like maybe a paw or something looks bloody? silver also, if you'd like.

facial - one eye is blind (milky white), and the other (real eye color!) is blue, the color of TEARS 8D. if the hair only parts for one eye, it'd be for the clear blue eye. his nose is pink!

mane - black or white (if black, should be darker than the body), or one with some streaks of the other in a small separated region or the whole thing. His mane is droopy, unkempt, and long, but the bangs separate to show at least one of his eyes.

wings - tattered and/or ripped. either something demon-like, or the regular avian wings. colors/markings/style up to you.

accessories/trinkets - I'd really love for him to have a raven, if possible! maybe sitting on his head or perched somewhere, or anywhere else you find pleasant. I'd also like for him to wear some silver and skeletal jewelry, up to you on quantity and location. also, some type of skull (lion, preybeast, whatever) either on the ground or anywhere else on him would be awesome--like a hamlet-esque thing!

other - sad expression, of course--possibly mouth sort of open at a loss of what to say, and ears are flattened.

while I've listed some things specific above, unless I say he must have it, I don't mean to restrict your creativity or anything; I'm just throwing out possible ideas! so yeah, feel totally free to alter anything to what you see fit if you do this <3
Reference Image(s), if applicable: reference! (just for general feel of face/bangs, the palettes, and other random stuff listed above)
Are you an SoA god newbie? no  

Ameh

Ameh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:20 pm
god of mirages

Name: TBD
Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult): cub
Species: lion (new standing god adult)
Domain: Mirages
Is this Domain Approved? yes
Description: partial cc;

mane/hair - LONG THICK AND FLUFFY! black colored. maybe kind of a poofy sultan look. see ref. i'd like braids or some type of like, hair styling somewhere, but i don't care/know where. i'd potentially like the hair/bangs to cover the eyes, but perhaps leave one eye viewable/vaguely uncovered so eye color can be seen? don't do this if it looks better all covered xD also, i'd like hair on his tail to start pretty close or at the base of his butt, and be pretty thick/long, probably thick enough to cover his background hind paw.

body - i'd like some sort of mix between a white tiger with like... a grey blue "top pelt marking thing" seen in ref. the stripes should also be transparent, unless you think it looks better solid. the rest of the body i'm not sure what to do with, so you can go ahead and either leave it as is or do whatever you want to it! preferably close to the colors in ref, like blues/creams/blackwhites, or rainbow if you can manage |D

face - MAKE NOSE LOOK LIKE SCAR'S NOSE PLZ?! also, some expression other than angry.

acc - i'd like a good amount of gold jewelry things on him. like bracelets/necklace/tail rings/bangles of whatever.

other - if you could include a desert animal with him i'd lov you 8D but he doesn't need it. as for wings, i'm not too sure - your choice too. preferably not something too odd looking; i think if anything, feathered wings going downwards to cover part of his body would look greeat. still, your choice to include or not! and feel free to add your own touches if you think of something mirage-y~!
Reference Image(s), if applicable: blah, scar nose!
Are you an SoA god newbie? Yes

-

future:
Domain: Fulfillment/Enlightenment
Description: either fairy-like or large feathery wings, primarily white/gold + peaceful theme, annnd maybe fire on forepaws? maybe hair (also white, or black, OR gold 8D), maybe a dove somewhere? other than that, cc~
Reference Image(s), if applicable:

labor, duality, crossroads, morality, foresight, beginnings, mountains, vitality, guardians, healers, comfort  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 pm
lions

Name: Ng'aa (sparkle/shine/glitter/gleam)
Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult) Adult
Species: Lion
Parents: Maburudisho x ???
Description: white or black base, i'd suspect (i'd probably prefer white, but if you can do amazingly in black do it). i'd like the mane to be either a dawn (pink/salmon-orange/gold-yellow/lightyellow), aqua (blue-cyan-lime-green ish), or icy (blue-cyan-verylightcyan) fade, and the tail to either be one of the other two or the same as the one picked. OR rainbow if you want to (or maybe black or white with streaks of the aforementioned gradients/rainbow?)! 8D shiny golden arrow markings anywhere/somewhere on body, can be one or a hundred. rainbow, white, or amazingly clear, bright blue eyes. basically a cc kiddo from the god of distractions~ (i only really care that there is at least one shiny gold arrow on him, and the specification of eye color(s); rest are possible suggestions)
Reference Image(s), if applicable: daddy
Edits, if applicable: your choice! he's a silly lion, named after a yawn. i'd looove lots of shiny trinkets on him as well.
Edits optional?: Yes
Price: 370k (willing to pay complex even if actual edits are less than that)

--

Name: Tangaa (become widely known) - may possibly change name
Stage: Adult
Species: Lion (new lines)
Description: the base coloring should be half white, half black-whatever way that is executed however is up to you. black mane, white tail - possible few streaks in em if you'd like. as for the markings, i'd love the gradients in butaa! or a more aqua colored theme, or icy, or blue-green? something involving blue anyways. would love glow if it looked good - patterning should be similar to Butaa's - some TYPE of stripes definitely (except barred, symmetrical and streamlined), possible spots (and any type of spots - leopard, jaguar, normal round ones), and anywhere you'd like, but most definitely on the face. i'd like to keep the white marking seen on butaa's shoulder also - either on the same place, or the back leg.
Reference Image(s), if applicable: Butaa (brother) - uncert

--

Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult): adult
Species: Lion (unrevamped old template or new rogue lines)
Description: very pale&light cream body with either dark, almost black glowy random tribals, or same markings in a very light glowy rainbow. white accents wherever looks good (i.e belly, ears, mouth)
Reference Image(s), if applicable: -

--

Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult): adult
Species: Lion (unrevamped old template or new rogue lines)
Description: pale-rainbow-themed-marking lioness on a white base. white eyes.

Ameh

Ameh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:22 pm
other species

Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult) Adult
Species: Hyena
Description: see ref; supposed to be like a striped hyena. black eyes, very dull dark red-sort of mane/tail. streaks of white / tipped at end of mane/tail.
Reference Image(s), if applicable: x (stripes/markings can be different - look at striped hyenas), striped hyenas
Edits, if applicable: expression and possibly claws if they work well with the hyena template! maybe scars, a lot or a little up to youu. mane edit, and maybe tail - he's cool, calm, collected etc, so maybe something like the ref image (but not exactly because i sucked at drawing it haha)? x) possible "natural" items like teeth/claw/bones on a necklace or something.
Edits optional?: Yes
Price: 370k (willing to pay complex even if actual edits are less than that)

--

Name: Köke
Stage: (Cub/Juvenile/Adolescent/Adult) adult
Species: tiger
Description: maltese tiger, so basically the standard tiger in semi-blue-tint-gray. pale yellow/gold and icy blue bicolor eyes.
Reference Image(s), if applicable: there you are! (though possibly a bit lighter and not so purple-blue) possible marking ref.

Name: Dagini
Species: snow leopard
Description: i pretty much want a pale rainbow snow leopard marked thing, how you pull it off is up to you!
Reference Image(s), if applicable: x

Species: dhole
Description: spotty nose and blue or gold eyes, otherwise cc using any of the colors/palettes: white, black, slategreyblues, tans, browns/natural-looking stuff

Species: wolf
Description: ... inspirationref |D; please restrict colors to tones/areas of black&white, greyscale, blues, natural/tan/browns, gold, whatever you see in the video if it so motivates you
Reference Image(s), if applicable: korean music video I AM VERY CURIOUS DANGIT

--

Stage: (Baby/Adult) Adult
Species: Serval
Description: albino serval, see refs
Reference Image(s), if applicable: la, halo, mrr

Name: Majoka
Species: Klipspringer
Description: interpretation of reference, with icy blue eyes and golden horns (shiny if possible, if not that's fine too~)
Reference Image(s), if applicable: ref~

Species: Snake
Description: colored to match soa, see ref! red eyes are a must, otherwise i don't care if you color pick or don't color pick
Reference Image(s), if applicable: aminifu-soa!, unitemed him

Description: based on a puff adder (cept maybe more dull/pale!), see refs
Reference Image(s), if applicable: hello, design, woo

Name: Feri
Description: based on a black mamba, so basically dark metallic gray body/top with a creamy underbelly.
Reference Image(s), if applicable: creamy underbelly, hithere, er, digesting sth

Name: Ndiga
Description: based on an african boomslang, see refs; with scales, please!
Reference Image(s), if applicable: boop, scalyyyy, LOLPLUSH

Species: Avian
Description: based on a woodland kingfisher, see ref; use whatever lines you think suits it!
Reference Image(s), if applicable: google!

Species: Avian
Description: something to match an soa, see ref; the only stipulation is the base should be black, and the wings should be colored like the soa's wing marking. eagle lines with the shortened beak, i think (that's what it looks like)? OR falcon lines.
Reference Image(s), if applicable: Giconineo  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:23 pm
barf

Name: Mkabala
Player: Ameh
Meaning: face to face/on the contrary
Description: Countering her brother's softer and spacier nature, Mkabala is a pragmatist at heart. She is faithful to the beliefs and values instilled in her brother and herself since birth, and will not hesitate to put them into practice. Because of her rich golden pelt and deep blue eyes, she thinks herself to be quite capable in things of both physical and spiritual aspects. If she sees an opportunity to further enrich her spirit, she will do it regardless of emotions attached to the situation. As a result, Mkabala is rather apathetic when certain things occur that others would normally be emotionally wrecked over--aside from agitation, she is mostly devoid of expression. She does not see her condemnation at birth as a thing to scorn, but rather something to be proud of and possibly improve upon, thinking that perhaps one day she could be valued as Pure. But like her brother, she is dedicated to her path and pride, and maintains to be the courageous sacrifice she was raised to be since birth.
Prompt Response:
Free again. She was free once more from what was now a community filled with anxiety. The spirits had hushed, their volume quelling with each step taken towards the outer edge of the Mizimu. Something had been stirring indefinitely within the lands, and it was what kept the Queen considerably agitated, the Warleader constantly on alert, and the rest of the pride in sullen moods. Majaliwa himself had felt a sense of change turning the environment against its inhabitants, and began to practice with his claws in preparation for a predicted bedlam ahead.

Mkabala exhaled a cold sigh, knowing that her brother desired more than ever to prove his worth in the Claw--to partake in their activities and art. Perhaps it would only be too soon that the chance is given to him. Majaliwa had always been too timid for his own good, she thought; that is why he remained an augur, or had the time just not been right yet? But if he was able to turn to the Claw, would she be able to follow him in the time of need?

She muttered a curse to herself, knowing that it was practically unheard of for a chosen sacrifice to switch roles. From birth she had been blessed with the luminous golds and oranges throughout her pelt, and marked with the spiritual wisdom of blue. The spirits had decidedly chosen her place from the beginning, and she would do herself well to live by it.

But that didn't mean she couldn't get her paws dirty once in a while, did it?

The savanna's dirt began shifting underneath the rhythmic steps of the lioness. Majaliwa would be waiting for her soon, closer to the pride, and she cared for him enough to be punctual as usual. But steadfast movement soon wavered as shadowed silhouettes grew in the distance behind her; with a sharp turn and readied stance, Mkabala prepared herself if the intruders posed any type of threat to her home.

But soon, she realized that she was going to be surrounded by the looks of their numbers. She turned her head quickly towards the Mizimu, sighting no familiar form in the distance. Her heart rushed, and her grip on the landscape tightened. The lions approaching were very close--she could see the fixed look of intent on their faces, and the only thing she could hope for was for the spirits to favor her today.

"You!" one of the rushing intruders called out in his purposeful lope.

Mkabala saw him. He had been a warrior, albeit a low-ranking one whom easily slipped into the shadows and disappeared. One day, he did just that, and was never seen again in the Mizimu lands. So it had not been a wandering stray step off a cliff or even a fatal injury acquired on the field that had taken the lion away from the pride. Instead, it had been lies.

"Dhati," she said through gritted teeth, her expression of the word seething in resentment.

Word of the Dhati did not even elude her--her, with the proud and loyal brother--her, with her spotless reputation and commitment to her pride. No, she had heard whispers, and was even approached in discussion about the Dhati far too many times for her taste, and it all left her with a sickened feeling in her gut. These lions were nothing to her, to go against the will of the spirits. They were the reason the lands were in a low, constant turmoil. As they inevitably enough cornered her in a circle, she spat at their paws and had her claws readily unsheathed for battle, if the spirits permitted. They would learn that she, too, along with her brother, held a small flame in her soul that had a fierce will to combat; it was a fire incapable of flickering out, and one that only wished to be kindled by wisdom from experienced winds. For while training in the art of the Claw, Majaliwa had to have a sparring partner with whom to critique and learn from in turn.

Unexpectedly, she felt a paw on her shoulder and saw a smile grow on the face that belonged to the paw. Soon, she was being flanked from the sides and pushed out of the pride's boundaries.

"Yes, we are the Dhati. And you are to come with us," she was instructed by the resigned warrior of the Mizimu; his maw held a gloating grin, "You are too worthy to decay away as a sacrifice. I myself have watched over you when I was a part of the Mizimu. You are too great for them, Mkabala, and you have greater things to do."

And Mkabala acquiesced to the troupe, following their lead reluctantly, only lifting a paw when they shoved her; it was the only option she had. To strike them to have to fend them all off was to ensure her own premature death, and she knew it was not time yet to join the spirits. To talk back to them was to gain distrust. She had yet to fill her meter in rich supplements of actions, and she wasn't going to dare let anyone destroy or dirty up her coat before she could act as a valuable catalyst to the spirits.

Then the solution founded itself in her mind--simple, classic, and possibly hugely enriching if all went well. She was not to run from the Dhati as soon as she was left unguarded; the Dhati was something to educate herself with, for how better to know your enemy to prevent loss?

It was a better idea to infiltrate the ranks and destroy the rebels from within. For while her own beliefs would not fluctuate that easily, as her spirit was steady and stable, members of the rival pride might not be able to say the same.

Majaliwa would be searching for her in the same area soon. He would be her connection back to the pride, so she wouldn't hold any scent of the queen or royalty that would betray her. Throughout all the seasons in their lives, the two had never stopped confiding secrets, desires, and ambitions with each other. It was by nature that the two would share roles of informants in what was to come. With their ancestry, it was only inevitable that the two would achieve great things. She only needed to convince the Dhati to trust her in that isolated area and return once more; it didn't seem implausible by the looks of how attached the captain of her capture was to her, and the weakness of his spirit.

The once-Mizimu-warrior was right. The Dhati did not recognize her true worth, but she was worthy; once their downfall manifested, they would know of her greatness.

Name: Toamini
Meaning: distrust
Description: Discontent with what life offered to him throughout his travels, Toamini was easily drawn to anything that represented a promise of a grand adventure. He wished for commotion and conflict, and that is what he got when he ran into the Dhati. Toamini offered a strong, steady body, and a will craving for victory, and was accepted with grateful arms. What the Dhati didn't know was that he was not dedicated to them, but his own goals. Being attached to the Dhati simply gave him a regular influx of entertainment.
Prompt Response:
It had been many years since Toamini had left his own home, and gone through so many others that he had naturally drew a blank in recollecting where his original had been. He had forgotten what he had left behind, but discerned that it wasn't that important, otherwise he would have remembered; he only recalled a sense of searching, and that was exactly what he did as he roamed throughout the continent. Toamini did not know what exactly he was trying to grasp, but he knew he was striving to attain something. It was his version of self-enlightenment. Life cannot be enjoyed if one was, well, not enjoying it.

It would be many moons before Toamini would find the Dhati, but upon discovery, he felt young and lively once more; he was frankly rejuvenated by the mere aura and feeling the self-proclaimed rebel pride exuded, and wished to be included. The oppressed yet savage looks of the Dhati and their unusual mix of brighter pigmentation drew him in like a curious mosquito to a brilliant light. When offered a role in their cause, he was enchanted by the idea of the opposing dark and strong pride. He accepted their appeal and challenge, fully acknowledging the corrupt nature of both of the prides.

He met a dark lioness marked with radiant stripes, and was captivated by her forceful and awry nature. He reacted positively off her perverse personality, feeling the excitement in his bones rise with the brilliant ideas and games she always seemed to have the knack to come up with. He would often be her playmate in these amusing activities, and was even more delighted when her lighter sister complement joined in.

On one particular day, the striped lioness offered something unique--something that he never had the mind to think of until it was suggested. It was a game that would involve real rules, real players, and... a real price. Sensing Toamini's culminating rejection of the game, the dark lioness had realized his softer spot for her sister, and used her as a means of motivation to entice him into joining. She'll turn her eyes to you if you share a part in winning the game, she reasoned. While he hesitated at the prospect, he eventually resigned to accept and play the game, heedful of its implications and mindful of his own morals.

Late one night, the lioness and he journeyed the short distance to the Mizimu lands, lurking in the shadows and guarding the other from potential threats. The lands were not yet in full consciousness of what troubles laid ahead for the pride as an entirety, so the two were easily able to slip past any form of security. Spotting a dark, secluded den in the distance, Toamini hushed his accomplice, and ventured inside, only to return just seconds later with a dark cub--young and just awakening to the situation at hand: he had skillfully played his part in the game. What he didn't expect to see next were the strange excess in smile that accompanied the sudden splatter of blood; before he knew it, the deed was done.

In panic, Toamini gripped what was left of the fur rag in his mouth, and attempted to wipe the blood away from the scene. He hushed to hurry out, knowing that an alarm would raise only too soon. His frenzied head turned at every little crunch of a dead twig and shift of a distant shadow; his adrenaline was in overdrive, and all he could think about was getting to the finish line before getting caught. Silently, the two made it out to the edge of the Mizimu lands, the darkened pelt still hanging lifelessly from Toamini's maw. He was covered in fresh, dripping blood, and he could only pray that any trail they had left was obscure enough to not warrant a second notice. The two were here, now, alone, and had triumphed for the time being. Time would tell where their act would bring them in the future.

But he made it out alive that night, and that was enough to make him want more.

Name: Bwanabui
Meaning: (large) spiderman
Description: Calm, silent, and calculating, Bwanabui is simply an observer, manipulating others to take all the action in his stead. He has a love for weaving complicated drama and an appreciation in his art of directing the undirected, or influencing a course of action when actions do not go to his liking. With a fondness for intense scenes and relationships, he alienates himself to fully enjoy the role of being the spectator. He remembers others well, not for the sake of manners, but to incorporate them as characters in his own little visions of stage plays later. Considered to be an exceptional haruspex, Bwanabui's inclination to spirit reading is most likely a result of being already immersed in many of his own fantasies; he has habitually made up stories many times to the extent of convincing himself they are real. Plainly put, Bwanabui is rather delusional, but tries to make his delusions reality.

To reiterate, although Bwanabui is in title affiliated with the Mizimu, he just plays as an onlooker to the feuding prides, and prefers to keep it that way. He may do things to spur some excitement in his own mind regardless of which side it benefits or harms, but has no allegiance to anyone but himself.
Prompt Response:
"Hello there," a voice came brusque, rough, and vacant through the shadows.

It was usually the thickest tree that Bwanabui hid behind, dark eyes following every movement made from his view of the current scene. With his smaller frame, concealment came as a natural thing to him, and he used this advantage well. But no one was present at the moment other than himself, aside from the lioness-sized pile of bones before him. He stepped forward, and what light there was left from the day hit his pelt, illuminating the accents on it like fresh teardrops of a face. He had many to give for her, after all--why not demand it in another form of presentation than ask the regret-filled but sorrow-devoid lion to shed it?

For it was not his dearest twin who broke any rule or performed foul play; she had merely been following along with the story. Had her murderers not known that she had given away to the rebels the exact coordinates and estimated time of arrival of the royal family and cubs so that the war that had been stirring for so long would sooner reach fruition than intended? She was being helpful and furthering the plot so things could get started.

But no, the narrow minded guards rebuked. Little slack was given when it came to royalty; was there that much stressed importance on their protection over the welfare of all the others? It had been a mistake on his part, perhaps, in allowing his sister to go along with his drafted vision. The two usually had visions that corresponded to each other; this one had been most of his own. He shouldn't have ignored her hesitance--her thoughts that it would lead to some form of disaster. She was right, and she had ultimately taken the fatal consequence while his part didn't come into play yet, which allowed for him to get away with a warning to not follow in his twin's betrayal. They must have known not to mess with his reputation in being possibly the most skilled haruspex the pride had ever seen.

Bwanabui relished in his extreme talent for easily explaining the tales surrounding the deceased and practically everything else if he found it necessary to. In this same way, he found a new way to start a chapter through his twin's life.

"Of course, I've been too close to see! The answer's right in front of me! It's going to be a never ending story, my dear sister! The war must not end! I will make it so."

He was to be the sole director now; the only purveyor of the cause that his twin and he shared since birth.

"Oh, look here," Bwanabui suddenly whispered, retreating back behind his tree, "It's them again."

In the distance, he spotted the Dhati. It was the Second; the king of the rebels. In the most recent days with his twin, the two lurked, stalked, and observed the Dhati carefully. From parts of conversation between two such as the king and queen to the tactful work of the hunters, brother and sister saw and heard everything that the Dhati had been planning towards their conquest over the Mizimu. Prospect of this rebelling group's story intertwining with that of the Mizimu's was greatly inspiring to say the least.

"And on a dark cold night, under full moonlight, he flies into the fog like a vulture in the sky!" Bwanabui whispered excitedly to himself.

And almost as soon as the vision of the Second appeared, it disappeared back into the lengthening shadows of the coming of day's end.

How long was he to keep track of the Dhati, now? He hadn't been one of those assigned to regularly spy--he was too valuable for that dirty work, he supposed. But regardless, he became a sleuth for self-gain. It was a tedious task, but well worth the effort. The more he kept a surveillance on them, the more he would find what to fill the blanks with in the greatest tale ever to be told. No Mizimu member would share his knowledge, especially after the crime they committed against his sister. They would just have to wait on their paws until the plot unraveled before their unprepared eyes.

Returning from the tree's shadows and turning back to the pile of bones, Bwanabui stared harshly and felt tragedy tug at him. He truly was to be the last story weaver left out of a pair of two, wasn't he? And lament then seized him.

"We sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be. I miss you."

And with those last words, he kicked dirt over the last remains of his twin sister, scampering off back to the night.

Ameh

[OOC] Quests [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff