Ok. First to state: I am not a Miley fan, and while I used to be one of the many Mrs. Nick Jonas' out there (that was my self professed name for over a year), I'm not really a Jonas fan anymore either :*/ A Little Bit Longer disappointed me, and I haven't fully tuned in since then. I am NOT hating. I have a serious question/observation:

I was pondering the other day and it occurred to me that Nick has NEVER gotten any crap for Miley's antics. (To my knowledge.) At one time she stood up for sexual morality and purity too. And she obviously was in a role model position due to Disney for a long time. And every time she has over sexified her image, she has gotten major crap for it from the media, our culture. But despite the fact that he has had an on and off relationship with Miley, Nick has NEVER gotten any crap for dating a sexually overt person. And the Jonas Brothers are more vocal about purity than Miley ever was. They have been in a RELATIONSHIP, several times. That means TWO people, being responsible for many of each others actions, especially any intimacy actions. And he has continued to date her after several of her indiscretions. How come Nick has never been looked down upon by our media for accepting/possibly being apart of her actions? What does that say about our culture? That if there isn't a marriage or children involved, only women get frowned upon for sexual indecency? Men can do what they want?

Again! Not hating! It just hit me pretty hard last night, because I realized that the whole time I was infatuated with Nick, I had him on a pedestal. The picture of this observation is bigger than the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus. Its a focus on the injustice of how our culture observes men and women. And I realized I had been a part of the problem!

Any thoughts?