Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Cosplay- Hairstyle priority Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you had to pick one! Color or Style?
  Style! make it spikey, wavy, curly, straight, up, down, in tails, to the side
  Color, it's more noticable (LIES) -_-
View Results

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:25 pm
It depends on who you are. If you are cosplaying Sakura you should not have brown hair. Color should be the most important and if you can get both you are lucky.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 pm
I get cheap wigs the right color and long and style them myself. Except my Jesse wig came in five shades lighter than I thought it would but I styled it so it looks ok smile  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:07 pm
I think you have to have a generally really close color and style to have a good cosplay. Sucks for me as I fail at styling wigs....  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:26 pm
Maruul
Keep in mind some characters are more recognizable by color than by style. Like, I cosplay Kantarou from Tactics. He has a fairly basic style, and his hair is white. It's not very well known as it is, and even though my hair looks about right, it's not white, so no one recognized me. So my friend gave me a white wig. The style was SO wrong, and it bothered me the whooole time, but the few people who knew the series recognized me. It all depends on the character.
Oh, and even with white hair, I STILL got called Kikyo. stressed

I love that you cosplay Kantarou. I would love to see you as him. :3 <3

I agree. Whatever is more recognizable for the character is what should be prioritized imo.

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Chaosmaid

6,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:51 am
I'd also say it heavily depends on the situation. I personally wouldn't even attempt the cosplay unless I knew I could get both color and style right, but I guess if the style is an important part of the character, focus on that, and if the style isn't special, pay more attention to color. However, if a character with a very distinct hairstyle has pink/blue/green/any bright color hair, it doesn't look very good if you have like brown hair or something, even if the style is perfect. So yeah, it really depends.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff