Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Movies / Music / TV / Other Media
Dragon Ball Z and DBZ Kai-which should I watch?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:12 pm
In an interview I saw on YouTube from FUNimation,DBZ Kai will have some cast changes,like a new Gohan and Frieza and that the filler episodes will be cut out from the Kai dub to make it more truer to the manga.Also,from watching it on Nicktoons(by "it",I mean the episode where Piccolo kills Raditz and Goku),I can already tell that it's going to be edited for blood.
I never really watched Dragon Ball Z growing up(cept for a few episodes in Spanish on Telemundo with the spanish version of Chala Head-Chala,which I think is kick-a** since I can sorta speak Spanish),so DBZ Kai is sort of like my intro to the world of DBZ.So,which would you recommend for watching to someone new to the DBZ series-the original Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Z Kai?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:08 am
The original..its not edited for the "poor young minds" and can be respected by someone above the age of nine..  

Niaxus

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:37 am
I guess, since the filler is removed, I'd watch Kai. When I originally watched DBZ, I think the worst part was just the extreme fluffing that had been added to the already long series.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 am
might as well watch both, be thankful 4kids didn't get a hold of it ninja  

The Ginger Dude

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:40 pm
my understanding is that whatever version is in the latest HD boxed set is pretty good. then again, I only really watched what was originally on toonami, then saw some of the edited scenes unedited on youtube.  
Movies / Music / TV / Other Media

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games