Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Chatterbox/Humor
E3 Stuff (i.e. Where My Money Goes This Year)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:50 pm
Yeah, E3 was pretty epic this year, and I'd venture to say Nintendo held a majority of said epicity (new word kids, use it today!). On my buy list:

Metroid: Other M
Fallout: New Vegas
Goldeneye 007 (Wii remake)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Silent Hill 8 (not official title)

And not to mention a brand new Nintendo DS, with a widescreen format 3D-enabled top screen--no glasses needed! It also, finally, has a control nub in addition to a directional pad. There's even plans to put 3D Hollywood movies on it.

In other news, for a little while now my laptop was bugging me. It could turn off randomly. Then I realized the cord would sometimes be pulled a certain way to where it wouldn't supply power. So I had to keep the battery in it all the time, so if the cord went askew the machine wouldn't shut off. And now it's to where I have to actually hold the wire into the plug connecting to the machine. And that wasn't the only problem: it's missing a key, some of the cushioning nubs that support the screen when closed were gone, the audio would often get all sluggish and distorted, not to mention since I let my antivirus expire many
months before, it was probably festering with viruses.

So before the wire stopped supplying power (I imagined that happening today or this week) I just broke down and picked up a new netbook at Best Buy, this time a Dell something-or-other. I really like it for the most part, except one thing: most all netbooks these days come with Windows 7 Starter, which doesn't even let you change the desktop background. I was pretty pissed at that, but soon enough found a link on Google to where a program could be freely downloaded to splice that ability in. But seriously, that's the most asinine limitation ever. stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 pm
I've bought Bayonetta and Guitar Hero: Metallica, and my brothers bought Darksiders and are going to pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops. I don't need to buy anything else for some time.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:51 pm
Kind of pissed that the Medal of Honor beta is being delayed for the 360. Its out now for the PS3 and pc though.

Now I'm going to go play MW2 and hopefully not lose connection again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:07 pm
Sgt Buckner
Kind of pissed that the Medal of Honor beta is being delayed for the 360. Its out now for the PS3 and pc though.

Haven't really played MW2 in a while because of Silent Hill 2 and Zelda: Majora's Mask. But that's okay, because the addiction will surely start over again with Black Ops, so I may as well get in some time with other stuff. Just wish I hadn't wasted the money on the Resurgence pack since I'm not playing them anyway. confused  

ArmasTermin

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:42 pm
ArmasTermin
Sgt Buckner

Haven't really played MW2 in a while because of Silent Hill 2 and Zelda: Majora's Mask. But that's okay, because the addiction will surely start over again with Black Ops, so I may as well get in some time with other stuff. Just wish I hadn't wasted the money on the Resurgence pack since I'm not playing them anyway. confused

Not even going to THINK about spending 1/4 the game's price on 3 new maps and 2 returning maps  
Chatterbox/Humor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games