Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Book Club Sub-forum?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Miss_Marissa315
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:40 pm
I think that there should be a sub-forum called The Book Club. Maybe we can have a new book to read every month and then discuss anything you want about the book afterwards or while you are reading it. If you don't want to read the recommended book of the month or you can't then you can request a book to be read for the next month. If someone is confused about the book you can also ask other member questions about it in the forum. Does this idea sound good to anyone else?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:36 am
I think this is a great idea~! The only issue though, is how will we make sure book discussions are active? As of now, the sad truth is that we do not have enough active members. I am not sure how this would work unless at least a few people will read the book and be active.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Miss_Marissa315
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:38 pm
Otulissa
I think this is a great idea~! The only issue though, is how will we make sure book discussions are active? As of now, the sad truth is that we do not have enough active members. I am not sure how this would work unless at least a few people will read the book and be active.

Yeah that is definitley true but I'm trying really hard to get this guild active again. So maybe once it get's more active we could follow through with this idea?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:29 am
i'd love this! its an awesome idea. i love reading, and im active a lot, so count me in! (you might wanna PM me when your starting it)  

ttoki

Shy Pumpkin

Miss_Marissa315
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:07 pm
With Love-Wasp
i'd love this! its an awesome idea. i love reading, and im active a lot, so count me in! (you might wanna PM me when your starting it)

Yay! And ok I will make sure I do that but we'll need more then a few people to participate in it. If you could, can you ask some of your friends to join the guild and have them help by being active in the guild forums? biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:56 am
I do not think I will be able to participate, but I would love to help out with planning and organizing. I do not think I can join a book club because school and summer reading is just .. .way too overwhelming...

((I am taking difficult classes next year.))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Miss_Marissa315
Crew

3,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 pm
Otulissa
I do not think I will be able to participate, but I would love to help out with planning and organizing. I do not think I can join a book club because school and summer reading is just .. .way too overwhelming...

((I am taking difficult classes next year.))

Ok. Thank you. biggrin But we will probably need more people then what we have now to participate in the book club. I am starting my second year of college this fall so I will be pretty busy as well, but I am still going to get on Gaia as much as I possibly can.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 am
I'd join.

Sounds fun(:  

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:51 pm
Hopefully we can recruit more new members!  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games