Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Guild Forum
Kosher (kasrut) foods....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:28 pm
well, the tonight actually I was rummaging through my cabinets. and I have noticed that a lot of my food items have the kosher symbol... I was wondering if this is ok? I know some Muslims accept kosher.. but others do not? so... what do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:50 pm
can someone help me??  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Maximum Lantis

3,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:39 pm
What is Kosher?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:21 am
yup, what is it? neutral  

CakeColour

Dapper Connoisseur

17,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

The_Pathan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:37 am
heheh. Kosher is jewish. The meat is not allowed, sinse even if they kill it right way, they have to make duah, for it to be halal.

But jewish got more or less same rules as Islam. They just don't mix milk with cow. Like, if u make lasagne u can't use cow milk if ur jewish. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:24 pm
The_Pathan
heheh. Kosher is jewish. The meat is not allowed, sinse even if they kill it right way, they have to make duah, for it to be halal.

But jewish got more or less same rules as Islam. They just don't mix milk with cow. Like, if u make lasagne u can't use cow milk if ur jewish. wink

hmm... oohhhhhh, well someone told me that if you say Bismillah before you eat, then it's halal.. but then some people said that the meat is unacceptable.. like you.. Thanks for helping me brother. If you find more info, do let me know biggrin
Also, I'm not sure about there.. but here, almost EVERYTHING is Kosher.. like the ketchup.. meat, bread, WATER.. it's all kosher.. with only somethings not Kosher  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:28 pm
Aneesha Lantis
What is Kosher?

Kosher is the Jewish dietary law.. like how we have Halal, they have Kosher. If you live in the US, ALOT of things are Kosher if you see these signs or labels on a food product then it's Kosher..User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

btw.. I know somethings aren't permissiable to us.. if it has gelatin.. like us Muslims, Jews can't eat pork.. but, they allow gelatin.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:11 am
No gellatine from pig and young cows are haram. There are other gelatine which u can eat.

Jewish people eat same gelatine as muslims, and u don't need to make duah when using gelatine i'm pretty sure, that's why it's halal if it's jewish. =)

I'm not sure if they follow the rules, but jewish food is halal as long as it isn't meat(cuz meat needs to be slaughtrered by a muslim).

W/salam  

The_Pathan
Captain

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:34 am
The_Pathan
No gellatine from pig and young cows are haram. There are other gelatine which u can eat.

Jewish people eat same gelatine as muslims, and u don't need to make duah when using gelatine i'm pretty sure, that's why it's halal if it's jewish. =)

I'm not sure if they follow the rules, but jewish food is halal as long as it isn't meat(cuz meat needs to be slaughtrered by a muslim).

W/salam

OH THANKS!! but I read that we can eat meat if it's slaughtered by a person from Al-kitab.. as well as Muslim.. or did I misinterpret?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:31 am
Bharatiyaa_ larki
The_Pathan

W/salam

OH THANKS!! but I read that we can eat meat if it's slaughtered by a person from Al-kitab.. as well as Muslim.. or did I misinterpret?
Ohh, I didn't know that. A mis-believer means non-muslim or kufar, dunno. confused  

The_Pathan
Captain

Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces