Submit

good build?
  YES
  HELL YA
  HUH?
View Results

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:06 pm
Frickin' sweet. What optic are you using? And, if you don't mind my asking, how much did it all run you? If you don't want to answer, that's totally cool. Just curious. I'll be going for an AK come tax return time. I'm not really sold on the direct gas impingement system, and the higher AR accuracy doesn't mean a whole lot when I'm limited to under 300 yards where I live. Hell, usually under 100 yards. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:04 pm
ArmasTermin
Frickin' sweet. What optic are you using? And, if you don't mind my asking, how much did it all run you? If you don't want to answer, that's totally cool. Just curious. I'll be going for an AK come tax return time. I'm not really sold on the direct gas impingement system, and the higher AR accuracy doesn't mean a whole lot when I'm limited to under 300 yards where I live. Hell, usually under 100 yards. rolleyes

Bushnell Trophy MP 1x30 RDS

geustemation is just under 1k  

090Freak090

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:14 am
090Freak090
How do you figure? You can find the info on youtube from Troy themselves. I have taken mine off and on dozens of times and the locks are still perfectly fine...

Didn't find any linked videos at the Troy site, nor did I look at YouTube from my original Google search. My fault for quitting too quickly.

The end tabs were the things I snapped off. The locks work fine otherwise, and I don't need to remove them again. Still think that Ruger should have shipped an instruction page on them with their manual.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:58 pm
!RANGEREPORT!
Ok so I went out to the range this morning and sat down at a bench on the 25yd line to sight in, (as well as to stay away from others in the unlikely event that it might kB! I actually had a man offerto take my spar parts in the event that it did kB!) dropped one round into the chamber, pointed the rifle at the berm and pulled the trigger, the bolt cycled flawlessly. It took me about 15 rounds to get the sight zeroed. It would have probably taken less had I had green targets because the 3MOA on a orange target is awfully had to distinguish even at 25yds. This however, does make me want to mount a magnifier behind the RDS.
The rifle functioned flawlessly throught 100rounds (50rds Rem.UMC 55grFMJ and 50rds Hornady Training 55gr SPS) no jams, no FTF, no FTE, or FTCs, the only time i had to do anything more than drop or charge the bolt was when just before I fired the first round but even then I just used the Forward assist to shove the bolt into battery. Now all I need is a base plate with a sling attachment and a Magpul MS2. ...Maybe after the next payday...

@FLoyd: Here is the video I was talking about. Honestly, I probably would have had trouble with them as well if it weren't for the fact that I looked around for reviews and vids before i bought them. When I got them from a seller on ebay they came in a padded USPS shipping bag as is, no instructions, or additional packaging.  

090Freak090

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:11 pm
Congratulations on a solid build! You got a good gun.

090Freak090
@Floyd: Here is the video I was talking about. Honestly, I probably would have had trouble with them as well if it weren't for the fact that I looked around for reviews and vids before i bought them. When I got them from a seller on ebay they came in a padded USPS shipping bag as is, no instructions, or additional packaging.

I did a keyword search on YouTube after I posed earlier and found that video. Problem remains in my case that the locks were tight. Very, very tight. Unlike the claimed 'work them a couple of times' advice, mine were so effing tight that I resorted to WD-40 to aid the process.

As I noted, I'm not going to be moving my grips now that I have the configuration I want. There's plenty of room for a flashlight and laser when I can spare the cash.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:39 pm
Floyd
Congratulations on a solid build! You got a good gun.

090Freak090
@Floyd: Here is the video I was talking about. Honestly, I probably would have had trouble with them as well if it weren't for the fact that I looked around for reviews and vids before i bought them. When I got them from a seller on ebay they came in a padded USPS shipping bag as is, no instructions, or additional packaging.

I did a keyword search on YouTube after I posed earlier and found that video. Problem remains in my case that the locks were tight. Very, very tight. Unlike the claimed 'work them a couple of times' advice, mine were so effing tight that I resorted to WD-40 to aid the process.

As I noted, I'm not going to be moving my grips now that I have the configuration I want. There's plenty of room for a flashlight and laser when I can spare the cash.

Check this out.  

090Freak090

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas