Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]
[PRP] When I grow up...! (Tawa x Ukulwa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tamiko-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 am
User Image

He was so tired of this boring place! Whiteness, all around. Nothing but snow and ice. His red fur stuck out like a sore thumb, and he wished desperately for a place that was a little more colorful. But still his mother insisted that the cubs, though growing quickly, should remain in the Haven until she deemed them capable of handling the mortal world. Pah! One of these days he would find a way to escape, and then he would show her how capable he was!

Perhaps then father would look at him with pride in his eyes. That was Ukulwa's one desperate and secret wish: that he would become the strong and intelligent figure of his father. He snuck away in secret, just to practice all that his father said and did. He believed mimcry to be the highest form of flattery, and so worked hard to perfect his imitation of Ezriel.

"Now look here," he spoke aloud to himself, repeating what his father had been saying earlier in the morning. But the juvenile shook his head in disgust. It seemed that, no matter how hard he tried or how badly he wanted it, he couldn't seem to get that same deepness and cadence that his father had. Was it something that came with age? If so, then he wanted to be older now! He growled low to himself, ears flat against his skull. His spiked tail lashed through the air, and his chains dangled with every head shake. He had to get this right!

Digging his claws into the snow, he tried once more. Again, though, his voice failed to reach the same tone. Being the only son, he felt a strong burden placed upon his shoulders. It was a burden placed there by no one but himself, yet it was one he felt influenced his life greatly. Dakota, on the other hand, seemed to have everything so easy. She was such a punk, and liked to break all the rules, yet she still caught the favor of their parents. It was sickening, and fueled the red godling's practice sessions.

"I'll show her," he growled, scratching at the snow in irritation. "Stupid girl..." He was so involved in his thoughts and his annoyance with his sister, that he was completely unaware of his surroundings. Anyone could have ambushed him then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 am
User ImageTawaret was also quite bored. Granted, she didn't stick out among the snow the same way her bright red brother did, but having a black coat against the pure white ground didn't help her much, either. Right now, she was hoping to find a good place to take a nap. Which was difficult to find, considering she didn't want to be bothered, and so she had to find a place that would conceal her safely. Which meant she had to find an area that either didn't have much snow, or a dark colored rock that would camouflage her. So far, finding the best rock was being very challenging.

As she trotted around, heading farther and farther away from home, she heard a voice snarling nearby. It sounded familiar, and as she glanced towards it, the bright red fur immediately gave away who it was. Uku was talking to himself. Again.

And Tawa was going to take advantage of the perfect set up her brother had unknowingly placed himself in. She snuck forward, close enough to not be spotted until she wanted to, and then pounced. She reached enough height from the same level to hop onto his back, though her back legs swung towards the ground anyway. Even if they were the same age, he was already growing bigger than she.

"Oooooooookoooooooo!" She cooed into her brother's ear, grinning. "Now look here! Whatcha up to?" Tawa repeated what he had been trying to say earlier in the deepest voice she could muster before asking her question in her regular, high-pitched voice. It was an irony she had only just recently accepted of herself: being goddess of vigilantes with a very feminine, bright voice. It didn't make it easy for her to be sneaky, but she figured out a system anyway.

Kytora

Tamiko-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:43 am
He supposed that he had brought it upon himself. He was an easy target, a sitting duck, and he had no one to blame but himself. Yet that didn't exactly mean that his sister had to go and pounce on him, scaring the living daylights out of him. It didn't look very masculine when a male jumped out of his fur and almost screamed like a girl. It was simply outrageous.

"YOU!" he growled, falling to the ground before he even had a chance to launch a counter attack. He was bigger than his sisters, as the male should be, yet he had been caught unawares and she had the advantage of height. Those combined factors created only one result: Ukulwa on the ground, completely humiliated. Although, he had to admit that it wasn't as humiliating as it could have been, if it had been his other sister that had ambushed him. He actually liked Tawaret, and wasn't constantly resenting her. Of course, that wasn't to say that he was completely peaceful with her.

"Get off or I'm gonna claw your wings off!" he spat, ignoring her taunts and her question. Amber eyes identical to his fathers turned on her, and narrowed in annoyance. She had caught him during something private, something he was sure he would get ridiculed for if Dakota were to ever catch wind of it. And he would make sure that she never did. He'd blackmail Tawa with... something. He wasn't sure what, but he'd make her keep her mouth shut.

Snapping at her, his teeth clicking around air, he lashed his tail. "What are you doing here?" he asked, turning her own question upon her. He hoped she hadn't been watching him for long. That would only deepen his embarrassment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:51 am
Giggling, Tawa rolled away swiftly. She knew that Uku was not afraid to go through with his threats. And even though he and Dakota butt heads almost as often as she did with their sister, that didn't make them the closest of siblings. It was better between them than with Dakota along, of course.

"I was looking around for a place to nap, but I found you instead. What are you doing here, besides trying to be Daddy?" she retorted, smiling innocently at him. She knew better than to tell Dakota about this: all hell would let loose. That didn't mean she couldn't tease him about it, though. And if needbe, she'd blackmail him with this delightful bit of information as well. Revolutions don't scary away vigilantes.

"You know Mama doesn't want us to wander far. She won't let us go to the rogue lands, but she doesn't want us to roam around the whole Haven, either." She tried to be reprimanding, but saying it made her wrinkle her face as Tawa remembered that she was also under this rule. And that made it worse. "I don't understand why. We're old enough. We know what we're doing." Not really. But she wasn't going to say it.

Kytora

Tamiko-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:14 pm
Ukulwa, though larger and heavier than his sister, was still relieved when she moved away. He rose to his paws and shook out his fur with a great lack of grace. His chains rattled and his dangling braid hit him in the face a few times. This hardly bothered him, however, as it happened often when he became frustrated and shook his head. He had even done it enough times to know how to keep it from hitting his eyes. It was a rather pathetic talent, born from a silly habit.

When Tawa teased him about mimicking their father, his eyes narrowed further and his claws kneaded the snow. The white stuff beneath his feet was so soft, such a pushover element that he felt the need to dig his claws into something more firm and lively. Of course, he wouldn't do that to his sister, at least not now that she had backed off and taken away his reason for attacking. "That's none of your business," he muttered, trying to hide his shame at being caught. He hadn't told anyone about his desire to be like his father, although it was probably obvious to anyone that took even a second to watch him. He was always copying his father, hoping to find some secret to Ezriel's ways through imitation.

At the reminder that their mother didn't like them wandering off, the godling snorted, showing what he thought of that particular rule. "Mother worries too much," he scolded, although it wasn't towards his sister. Their mutual dislike for being confined eased some of his anger, however, and made him civil for a moment.

"Maybe we should tell her that we want to go see the mortal world. Maybe if we go together she'll decide it's better to show us herself rather than have us sneak off on our own." Yet, even as he said the words, he knew their mother would never go for it. She was a kind mother, but strict in her ways. When she set down a rule, it usually became a law to follow. Which was kind of ironic, considering the domains of her children. Rebellion was inherent in their genes.

"Or maybe we should just go ourselves," he suggested, throwing out his earlier idea. "I'm tired of sitting around here, with nothing but snow." He growled the last word, and swiped his paw against the white stuff, sending it flying into the air. Stupid snow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:59 pm
"Of course it's my business. I'm your sister!" She replied, flicking her tail at him from a distance. If he was going to get himself all up in her business, then it was the least she could do in returning the favor.

"And even if we went ourselves, alone or together and at the same time, she'd hunt us down. She should really know better not to be so strict with us, considering who our father is." Tawa wrinkled her nose more, so it looked like layers of black folds on her face.

"Maybe if we promised, or swore, that we'd be back in a couple of days. At a specific time." She shrugged. "Maybe she'd let us go. Or maybe she'd let us go together, or with someone else as a guide. But if she's not gonna let us go alone or if she won't go with us, then.." she shrugged again. "I dunno, Uku."

The little goddess stretched her legs out in front of her until she collapsed onto her stomach, feeling the coldness and softness of the snow below her.

Kytora

Tamiko-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:17 pm
Ukulwa snorted again. "Just because you're my sister doesn't mean you have to stick your nose in everything that I do! How would you like it if I snooped in all your business?" Nevermind that he kinda already did that. But that wasn't the point. The point was that it wasn't very masculine to have your sister all up in your business.

Returning his attention to the subject of their escape from the immortal world, his eyes narrowed once more, although this time it was in a sinister way. It spelled bad trouble for their mother that their father was the god of rebellion. All of their children had a devious ability to think up plots, especially ones that involved going against what they were told to do. "Maybe we should remind her about who our father is," he spoke darkly, although he meant no ill towards their mother. He just wanted something to do so that he wouldn't be so bored.

As his sister kept trying to come up with ways that their mother would allow them to go by themselves, or with someone, the red godling simply shook his head. "You know she wouldn't go for it. She won't budge. She said we're not ready, and she's sticking by that until we're all old and gray." He blinked, thinking of the irony of that. Their mother was one of the older immortals, and had silver fur. He spared a silly, lop-sided grin before his face returned to seriousness.

"I think we just need to take matters into our own hands." The grin returned, and he lowered his front half to the ground, his rear in the air. It was a playful stance, and he was inviting Tawa to take part. He was simply itching to rebel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:56 pm
Oh, Tawa begged to differ! She had all the more reason to stick her nose in Uku's business because she was his sister. Silly boy, didn't he know that?
"You do snoop around all in my business," she retorted, snorting at him.

"I'd hope she would already know who our father is. If she didn't before, when she was pregnant, then she's got more problems than I thought." Tawa rolled her eyes, but then her eyes glinted. "However. It is possible that she has..forgotten. I wouldn't mind reminding her of that."

She flicked her eyes to meet his as the plot began to unfold. Tawa loved planning out mischief with her brother. "I like the sound of that. Tell me more, brother dearest," she purred.

Kytora

Tamiko-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:48 pm
Ukulwa snorted, ignoring his sister's comments about how he snooped around in her business regardless. It wasn't like they had anything to do around this place, anyways. She couldn't have had any secrets that she wanted to keep from the rest of the family. The red male had something to hide, but that was only because it was completely embarrassing to mimic one's father in the hopes of becoming just like him. He would get teased so much for it!

Grinning at his more 'complacent' sister, he also nodded his agreement. "I'm sure Mother knew what she was getting herself into when she had us. I mean, why do you think it is that she puts so many rules and restrictions on us? It's gotta be because she's afraid of one of us busting out and causing trouble." Causing trouble sounded like tremendous fun to his ears, and his fur prickled with the excitement at what he had planned for him and his sister. "But you're right; we should most certainly remind our mother of our father."

He paused for a moment after that, wanting to draw out the suspense and get his sister even more on the hook. Though, he highly doubted she needed much incentive at this point. Their mother had built up enough of that since they'd been born.

Ruffling his wings slightly and flicking his tail in anticipation, he leaned in closer towards Tawa, insuring that nobody would overhear his plans. "I say we bust outta this joint. We're smart, we're rebellious, and I'm sure we could figure out how to get down to the mortal world on our own. Who needs Mother?" He scoffed, although he knew that he didn't mean it literally. Not completely, anyways. He rather enjoyed being fed and looked after. But he was letting his thoughts stray, and he physically shook his head to clear it.

"What do ya say?"

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff