Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Disk Space?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:58 am
I am having problems with my sims. Before opening it, it'll say that I don't have a lot of disk space left and that it may cause problems while playing the sims. Then after about 10-20 minutes of playing, it'll stop playing and a blue screen with words comes up saying things like I don't have a lot of disk space and stuff like that... It's getting annoying, cause now I have to re-do everything I did.
How do I get more disk space? Should I delete my downloaded things? I didn't even download much. Or is it because of my laptop? Please help!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:03 am
Maybe get an external hard drive. I use one, and the game works better.

also, could you please post all your problems with the sims in one thread? Because most seem to link together and you already have 2 threads before this one.  

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 am
paulaterra
Maybe get an external hard drive. I use one, and the game works better.

also, could you please post all your problems with the sims in one thread? Because most seem to link together and you already have 2 threads before this one.

Ok.

I'm sorry about that. The reason I posted the last question, which honestly had nothing to do with this one, twice is in one of the two forums of the question. And this question and the last one, in my mind, are not linked and have nothing to do with one another. Seeing as the last question was wondering if downloads give viruses and this one was wondering about disk space, how does a question about viruses and a question about disk space have anything to do with one another? The only thing I see about them having to do with one another, is they are both computer related. I'm sorry if this sounded like it had inflict in it, but it didn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:56 am
They're both computer related, and questions. Having a single thread for all your questions would help keep things nicely organized.

And don't get so defensive. Makes people abrasive. gonk

Novasurge

Versatile Man-Lover

8,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:28 am
Novasurge
They're both computer related, and questions. Having a single thread for all your questions would help keep things nicely organized.

And don't get so defensive. Makes people abrasive. gonk

I was just saying, and I didn't get to defensive. But, just saying again, I know it would be organized, but if one question was already answered, what's the point in going back to that thread? I don't really see the point in asking another question the next day in the same thread when it's a completely different question, but yes, both computer related. And this time, I'm not being defensive I'm just saying  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:56 am
Well, whatever floats your boat.

Novasurge

Versatile Man-Lover

8,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:36 pm
Right, I'm the owner of this guild and having two seperate threads for two seperate questions, which these are, is okay.

A lack of disk space is something which will effect your entire machine. How full is the harddrive? Do you have a lot of pictures, music and documents taking up space on your machine? Maybe you should clear out some things you don't need by copying them to disk or external harddrive.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games