hmong ghost stories and superstitions. scary stuff o.o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

f o b b y - a s i a n
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:24 pm
There's alot of hmong superstitions. My Granny always tells me to do and not what to do. dont sit down with your knees on the ground while eating, dont fall down at the funeral home, Forks and spoons can be into the food; like sticking a fork right into your food, whistling at night, Calling peoples name at night out of nowhere..dang, i'm scaring myself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:47 pm
my theatre teacher was telling us how he was singing to his 3month old when it woke in the middle of the night, and his wife yelled at him to shut up (while she was still slepping). Haha, we get so many strange stories about our theatre teacher.

Anyway, i think it'd be hilarious if someone talked in their sleep and then their spouse talked back while they wre sleeping. xD  

CrimsonsDecayingRose
Crew

azn_knight367
Captain

Lonely Explorer

8,125 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:16 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
my theatre teacher was telling us how he was singing to his 3month old when it woke in the middle of the night, and his wife yelled at him to shut up (while she was still slepping). Haha, we get so many strange stories about our theatre teacher.

Anyway, i think it'd be hilarious if someone talked in their sleep and then their spouse talked back while they wre sleeping. xD

hahahah a LONG time ago my younger brother was sleep talking. he said "mm...chicken.." then I asked "Chicken?" and he replied "Yeah, chicken" hah hah it was pretty funny XD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:26 am
And never point at the moon, my grandpa and grandma told me not to or my ear will get cut.  

Swat Team Leader

Lonely Lover

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

f o b b y - a s i a n
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:30 pm
Swat Team Leader
And never point at the moon, my grandpa and grandma told me not to or my ear will get cut.

LOL, i think that is kinda true. My parents tell me that too

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:02 pm
One Saturday i was kind of waking up and my mom walked into my room telling me to wake up. And i was saying "my macoroni. my macoroni!!!" over and over.
Haha, for the longest time after that, i had the largest craving for macoroni ever. 'Cause it was right there in my dream but i couldn't eat it.
Lol; i feel as if i am misspelling macaroni. Dx  

CrimsonsDecayingRose
Crew

silver_avenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:59 pm
I know some of these superstitions. My mom had always told me and my siblings to never point at the moon or the back of our ear will get cut. She also told us girls to never eat chicken feet. Why, because it will scratch your future husband's eyes.

It was 2 years ago that I realized why old grannies say some weird insults at pretty girls/cute children when it's really supposed to be a compliment. My dad told me that if you compliment people in a nice way directly, the demons/spirits will begin to notice the person and spirit them away because they're pretty/cute.

And of course, the Hmong are afraid of tigers and dragons. They both seem to kidnap people and tigers are usually the shape-shifters. There was this one story that my mom told me about her father. Apparently someone (i think it was a kid, maybe) fell into the river and my grandpa and some other people went to help the person out. After getting the person out, my grandpa felt like something was tugging at him and was trying to drag him down. He mangage to get out just fine but fell sick later. He then got better after the shaman ritual.

As for the ghost stories, I've never heard of them. I only heard about Tswv Xyas recently through deviantart. My deceased grandma knew a lot of ghost stories but my mom was scared of them as a kid so she never learned them and told us. Bummer.  
Nyob zoo! Hmong People Unite! Have fun! ^_^

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff