Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dollars.

Back to Guilds

There are no restrictions or rules. You just have to say that you're a part of the Dollars. 

Tags: Durarara!!, Dollars, Ikebukuro, DRRR!!, Anime 

Reply Anime Talk
Other anime like DRRR?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chocolate Perfume

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:53 pm
Is there any other great anime out there like Durarara? It's rare to find interesting ones out there nowadays. XP  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:14 pm
you mean similiar in story to durarara?the only one closes to durarara is Baccanno, which is done by the same creator.

For suggestion on other animes, I know a bunch but it depends on anime you like. There also great anime that are unknown that got reconized becuase the large popular animes like Naruto, bleach, one piece (etc) took over the fandom. Examples would be Angel Beats!!, Clannad, black jack, black blood brothers, Higashi no eden [Eden of the East] etc.  

multi-cosplay

Devil Miharu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:47 pm
Oh yes, Angel Beats. And Pandora Hearts, 07 Ghost  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm
multi-cosplay
you mean similiar in story to durarara?the only one closes to durarara is Baccanno, which is done by the same creator.

For suggestion on other animes, I know a bunch but it depends on anime you like. There also great anime that are unknown that got reconized becuase the large popular animes like Naruto, bleach, one piece (etc) took over the fandom. Examples would be Angel Beats!!, Clannad, black jack, black blood brothers, Higashi no eden [Eden of the East] etc.

Ahh, I've read Black Jack before in Japanese. I'm not sure if it's available somewhere in English?  

Chocolate Perfume

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

HElWAJIMA SHIZUO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:41 pm
Watch/read Gintama. It's the funniest anime ever. But it has its serious moments which makes it even better.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 am
mmmm I agree.Only Baccano is somewhat close to DRRR because of the creator,buut I'd sudgest Shiki. It is a fairly good anime and it's fresh too <3~mmm For now Kurohitsuji II Is airing too soo yeah.. O 3 O There is a wide variety right now  

Montmerency

Noble Browser

7,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Impossibru

Versatile Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:56 pm
multi-cosplay

Clannad and Black jack was a good anime liked the story alot.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:28 pm
Chocolate Perfume
multi-cosplay

Ahh, I've read Black Jack before in Japanese. I'm not sure if it's available somewhere in English?

the only Black Jack release in English is the OVA, they aren't cartoon like at all, its more of movie drama sort of.

looks kinda like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEg5QgOG0CA  

kridnor
Captain

4,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Sire Jaculate

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 am
I saw someone saying that many anime were overshadowed because of Bleach, Naruto and One Piece
Naruto + Bleach = unnecessary hype. I can't stand them D< fulla godmoddish fail power... did you see Naruto vs Pein? SCHEIZE.
One Piece = epic win. May be over 400 episodes but damn is it worth it.
It's kinda slow to start with, the animations aren't too god, but this anime started ten years ago (the manga way before then), so obviously the animation evolved over time smile the animation rise up is obviously noticeable, especially when it comes to the Davy Back Fights and Water 7. Then it gets turned up a good few notches every new arc, and then you hit epic win. If you compared the very first epsode to the most recent episode, you WILL see the difference smile
hmm... thinking...
there are tones of good anime, but I prefer manga = w =
there IS an epi manga series which got an entire part of it animated into an 'OVA', and I WOULD recommend it to those who are brave smile
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Nuff Said. It's made o such an amount of win.
And after watching that, you've gotta see the abridged series X'D you will laugh. guaranteed razz
Deadman Wonderland is also a good manga which (thankfully) hasn't been animated... it gets quite gorey after the first deadman fight D'X
Umineko is also quite good, but can be quite gorey D'X
oh, and Hetalia = w =
the episodes are short, it's cute, and it's own right hilarious and so random X'D  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:47 pm
For future reference, Deadman Wonderland is getting an anime release  

Devil Miharu

wind_demon_mariah

Interesting Lunatic

5,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:12 pm
I really liked Eden of the East. Very interesting though slightly disappointed at like the last few minutes of the last episode how they end it. But other wise I really liked it! 3nodding  
Anime Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games