Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:57 am
Anyone here jumped through the Class III hoops before? I'm considering doing so, and I kinda want to know what to expect from the ordeal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:45 am
Ask ARFCOM, They will know.  

090Freak090

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:27 am
I'm still not entirely sure what Class III is, other than that it's a pain in the a** to get and probably impossible to do so in Kommiefornia.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I'm still not entirely sure what Class III is, other than that it's a pain in the a** to get and probably impossible to do so in Kommiefornia.
Class III weapons are, in short, weapons that are either select fire, short-barreled (less than 16"), and suppressors.  

090Freak090

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:01 pm
090Freak090
Requiem in Mortis
Class III weapons are, in short, weapons that are either select fire, short-barreled (less than 16"), and suppressors.
The weapon in question is short-barreled (<18").

Unfortunately, I don't have an ARFCOM account, and I have no idea how the site works. It seems like the kind of place you'll get flamed to s**t for breaking some unspoken rule. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:26 pm
Fresnel
090Freak090
Requiem in Mortis
The weapon in question is short-barreled (<18").

Unfortunately, I don't have an ARFCOM account, and I have no idea how the site works. It seems like the kind of place you'll get flamed to s**t for breaking some unspoken rule. xd

they seem to understand if you give them a "I'm a noob" disclaimer.

...you know what they say, admitting that you have a problem is the first step to recovery.  

090Freak090

spoonz mcdoogle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:06 pm
Just my opnion but I would get one. Major pain in the a** to get and ATF watches you like a damn hawk.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:43 pm
Haha, man, this was forever ago. For the record, if you're sold a registered short-barreled weapon that no longer has the short barrel attached to it and you are not in possession of a short barrel for it, you don't have to pay the tax stamp, and it's transferrable as a normal firearm.

HOWEVER, I do have a vague desire to someday jump through the class 3 hoops to get a suppressor, so this thread is still relevant.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

spoonz mcdoogle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 pm
Sorry bout that, I'm new here. sweatdrop If you intend to get a class 3 license however I was told by a class 3 dealer that you can purchase machine guns incredibly cheap. Basically he told me that you buy these machine guns with intent to sell them to the police force. You ask the police force if you can demostrate these guns to them and see if they would be interested in buying them. If they decline, your not legally able to sell them so your only option is to keep them or destroy them. Presto! cheap machine guns. That's what I was told, so I don't know if it would work or not. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:42 pm
spoonz mcdoogle
Sorry bout that, I'm new here. sweatdrop If you intend to get a class 3 license however I was told by a class 3 dealer that you can purchase machine guns incredibly cheap. Basically he told me that you buy these machine guns with intent to sell them to the police force. You ask the police force if you can demostrate these guns to them and see if they would be interested in buying them. If they decline, your not legally able to sell them so your only option is to keep them or destroy them. Presto! cheap machine guns. That's what I was told, so I don't know if it would work or not. smile
Eh, no worries. No harm, no foul.

That's a class 3 dealer's license, I'm looking at a class 3 tax stamp. It's called a license, but it's really not, it's just a piece of paper that says you've paid all the correct taxes.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

SpeedmanRC

Conservative Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:33 pm
short barreled rifles and shotguns are easy when talking about ATF paper work, it's all forums filled out by you only...like gun make and model original barrel and new barrel...what it's used for. you need copys, some passport sized photo's and blue finger print cards...and 200 in check make out to the ATF

silencers need to have a class 3 dealer involved from the start. you get the paper work started and then wait for it to come back, then get handed the silencer.

also, you need to be smart about how you store the NFA item...and if you sell it you need to go to a class 3. if you die and don't make sure the item is taken care of...I think the cops will keep it or it's get's melted.  
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games