Byakko Yasutsuki
Crew

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:45 pm
The way I figure it there are some do's and dont's when packing your survival kit. There are also some things that you should definitely have in case of emergencies as well as every day use.

This is where we should have Load-Out related discussions. Any thing from Improvised weapons to objects to keep us sane to re-purposed items. For example, I heard an innovative use for rubber super-balls was mentioned in a thread I was in.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:05 pm
Rubber...super balls? ninja question  

Zero-Kemuri 9t6

Byakko Yasutsuki
Crew

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm
Zero-Kemuri 9t6
Rubber...super balls? ninja question

Yeah, in fact I think it was Catsnatch who thought it up. Keep a bunch of rubber super balls, those really bounce balls you get from vending machines, and toss them down hallways before you go down. The noise and motion will attract the zeds and alert you to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:30 pm
Firecrackers is a good suggestion for a distraction.  

The End Corporation

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm
you could also go with some leather clothing, since humans can bite hard natrualy but with leather you can escape the minor scratches and other zombies that dont have you pinned  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:41 pm
Some things that you might want to have would be eye protection and a mouth cover. Depending on the type of infection, if it spread by blood than your eyes and mouth are easy entrances to your blood stream. You'd probably want something for covering smaller nonbite wounds in that case too.  

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

Byakko Yasutsuki
Crew

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:31 pm
So I was reading through The Max Brooks Guide and in it he discounted a mini-gun as an effective method in any situation regarding the undead. He discounted the less likely cutting in half of the undead as time consuming and dangerous. He also discounted the "mounting at head height" for easy decapitation as being inaccurate due to the disparages in height from zed to zed. However, I propose that if mounted at roughly knee height with a good amount of incendiaries handy a horde could easily be chopped up and cooked within a short time. Waddaya think?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:52 pm
I think that any auto weapons would be good for zed shots from the roof top but other wise i think that they run out of amo too fast. Personally I'd use one of those average 22s or some other fire arm that can hold alot of amo and use single fire shots that can still punch through a skull. With this i wouldnt go for single position shots unless i had a clear escape route, a freind to watch my back, or if i really really knew the enviroment well. Even then though I prefer gurilla warfare. This is my oppinion any way  

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:25 am
Hey guys, what do you think about making a zombie trap. You could hang a piece of meat thats still dripping with blood over a nice tall cliff or building edge, and let the Zeds do all the real work themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:11 pm
Thats a great Idea. You could lure them over a cliff or into a cage or whatever. Blow up or pick off them once you have them where you want, but where would you get the meat? It would be sort of sadistic to kill a human for that and any meat you get they can tell if its tainted or not, plus if its not then wouldnt you want to keep it for yourself?  

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

Weirdo Ripper

Anxious Browser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm
I would probably set up a bunch of snares where I don't want the zombies to go. That, or tripwire.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:58 am
Well as good as leather is it may not be a good idea. Wearing armour can cause you feel more confident but make you take more risks. Not to mention theres still a chance of being bitten on a area not covered by leather. But since leather dosen't wheigh to much it might not be a bad idea so long as noone goes overboard.

About the meat plan wouldn't take time to get it set up? And what about humans down below what if the zombies decide not to go after the bait? And if they do come how will escape since they could come from all sides? And also if the trap is succsesful what are the chances they'll acctually die? Since the only way to kill one is to do something about the brain. Acctually now that I think about it...where would you get the meat thats still dripping with blood safely? Its not a bad idea but I think the mass majority of zombies that fall off would be crippled.  

battosai matt

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:47 pm
Now that I think about it its very simple, blow the zeds up. Find and make as many explosives as you can and blow them up.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:04 pm
Why not just put a bullet, a bolt, or an arrow in their head. I don't know if many people know how to make explosives...well ya I have a few ideas but I don't know if I would want to mess around with things like that. As Jin once said "OK URAMESHI, I THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY BUT YOU TAKE THE CAKE! YOU DON'T MAKE BOMB TO HAVE IT GO BOOM IN YOU FACE!"  

battosai matt

Zombies and Zombie Survial

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff