Tale of a Hammer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zylo the Wolfbane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:10 pm
~Pre-Story notes~

I'm bored, at my grandma's, on lame dial-up internet. I have nothing to do, so I'm going to write. If I make any grammar/spelling mistakes feel free to point them out, no spellcheck because no firefox. The following story is a product of boredom and is therefore fully made up on the spot, no future planning of plot twists, no schemed out surprises, just me, writing random s**t and working with it. So yeah, just a warning.

~End of Pre-Story notes~

The Tale of a Hammer: A Fallout 3 story. Chapter 1.

---

It was another dusty day in Megaton, it was always that way. Dust whirled and slid through the air like waves of the ocean, brushing against people and then leaving to return to the air. It was on this un-assuming, almost normal day, that something very not-normal happened. A wanderer from the wasteland approached.

People watched as the strange man stepped through the large gates of Megaton, the heavy steel doors spreading wide to let the stranger in. He was dressed in a large dark duster, Lucas Simms thought he might be a Regulator at first, but his duster was black, and opened in the front to a simple gray under shirt. His pants were a dirty dark green, coated in dirt and grit from his travels. He wore a simple pre-war Fedora and a set of dark sunglasses hiding his eyes. The only weapon he carried was a large Super Sledge on his back.

He looked around at the people of Megaton, watching them behind his sunglasses, he reached up slowly and pulled them off, blazing green eyes flashed out from beneath his brow. He had sharp features, hard and angled, the faint traces of a beard coated his chin, the hair was white like new fallen snow, and as he reached up to pull his hat off as well his hair fell back along his head, also pure white. He swept his gaze across the crowd before him, looking at each and every face before settling his gaze on Lucas Simms. When he spoke his voice was deep, hard, and utterly calm.

"I am looking...for Moira Brown." He stated, green eyes like twin plasma bolts piercing into Lucas Simms.

Now, Lucas Simms was not a man that was easily scared, he had faced armies of raiders, feral ghouls, super mutants, and even a few Enclave soldiers in recent days. However this man before him...there was something unsettling about him, something that just made him want to turn and flee from him. However he kept his composure surprisingly well.

"Now listen here stranger, I don't know where you're from or who you are, but you can't just walk into town and demand to see someone, we have rules, we have-" He was cut off by another voice, high and excited.

"He wants to see ME?! Oh boy! Come on scoot! I wanna see him!" It was Moira Brown, frantically pushing her way through the crowd. She bounced out and almost leaped over Lucas Simms in her rush to get a look at this curious stranger.

"Oh wow! So you're the stranger huh? Cool! I bet you have lots of exciting information!" she exclaimed, looking the man up and down, examining every detail about him and filing it away.

Lucas Simms cleared his throat loudly. Moira looked back at him in surprise, as if she hadn't even noticed him, which, since it was Moira, was very likely.

"Oh sheriff! Hello, did you come to look at the stranger too?" She asked, smiling brightly. Lucas Simms sighed and stepped past Moira.

"As I was saying before I was...interrupted." simms continued, looking back at Moira for a moment, who smiled cheerfully, he looked back to the strange man. "We have some laws, don't go around hurting people, don't steal, don't-" He was cut off again, this time by the stranger.

"I have not come to harm Megaton or any of it's citizens. I came seeking the aid of Moira Brown. That is all. If she helps me, or says she doesn't wish to or cannot, then I will leave." The stranger's eyes had remained leveled at Lucas Simms this entire time, and the man almost shuddered under the harsh gaze, he took a breath to collect himself then nodded.

"All right, fine, well....go on ahead, but if I catch you doing anything wrong, I'll kill you, got it?" Simms ended his sentance by reaching up to tip his hat, though it was more to put his hand closer to where his Chinese Assault Riffle was strapped to his back.

"If I meant you harm," The stranger replied, "I would not have spoken with you." Then he simply turned away from Simms to look at Moira.

"Now, Miss Brown, do you have somewhere more suitable where we may speak in private?" The stranger asked, Moira nodded merrily and lead the stranger back to her home. She was immensely excited, it had been a long time since a stranger as interesting as this had wandered into Megaton, not since that vault dweller from vault 101.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:05 pm
The Tale of a Hammer: Chapter 2

---

Moira Brown listened in utter glee as the stranger before her told his story, the story of how he came to be here in Megaton searching for her.

He had been born in the Citadel, the young Zane Bairson. His father had been a very powerful Paladin and had gained much respect, his mother had been a Scribe, a very smart one, responsible for aiding in the creation of the Tesla Cannon used by the Brotherhood's troops in the attack on the Enclave's Mobile Fortress. Young Zane was often told he would be one of the Brotherhood's greatest members.

They were all both right, and wrong at the same time. Though he was quite intelligent, and very skilled in combat, he was not the greatest member of the Brotherhood. He was about as excited about their mission and ideals as he was about Brahmin dung. He often spoke out against the Brotherhood's tenants and laws, their foolish rules and restrictions. Even with elder Lyons' leniency on many rules, Zane believed it was not enough. Many believed he should be exiled and cast out from the Brotherhood, however that all changed four months after he turned 19.

Zane had been on patrol, something that was increasingly more common for him as people punished him for his words by throwing him out into every patrol they could find. They had been scouting out a supposed Super Mutant raiding party that was supposed to be massing for an attack against the citadel. The patrol party didn't see them until they were right in the midst of them. There were at least 50 of them, Overlords, Masters, Brutes, and 3 Behemoths. The Citadel would be hard pressed to stop such a force.

The patrol knew they had to get back out and to the Citadel. However they were ambushed. Zane and one other got seperated from the main group during the battle. Surrounded by Super Mutants they seemed doomed.

No one is quite sure what happened while Zane and the other Knight were gone, the Knight himself swears up and down his story is true, but few believe it, and Zane himself had no comment. The Knight said that Zane stood between himself and the Super Mutants, an Overlord flanked by three Masters, and took off his Power Armor. The Knight yelled at Zane he was being crazy, but Zane didn't listen.

Zane wore simple clothes beneath his armor, a shirt and pants, he didn't even have shoes. The Knight says that then Zane charged the Super Mutants like a madman. the Overlord stepped right in with a Tri-Beam laser rifle.

The Knight says there was a bolt of lightning that hit the ground right in front of him, and when he could see again Zane stood there, holding his Super Sledge, and all the Super Mutants around him lay dead.

After Zane lead the Knight back to their patrol he took the lead, blasting his way through the Super Mutants and out back to the Citadel. That's when he became known as Hammer the Dawnbringer, because when the patrol had seen the sun rising over the Citadel, illuminating the man who had saved them, they knew he was a great man.

The next day Zane left the Brotherhood entirely, he vanished in the dead of night, leaving his Power Armor behind. He took his hammer and the clothes on his back and set out across the wasteland, to find something he could believe in.  

Zylo the Wolfbane

Wasteland Tales: Fanfics/RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff