Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:18 pm
User Image

It was so odd to be here. So strange to be surounded by so many others, so much activity, so much life. Truely she was out of place her now, her pawsteps light and soft, a ghost of a presense as she moved through the lands. But that was all she would be now. Perhaps not even that, for a ghost is a faded spirit, and her spirit had left this world behind already. But Yamini was still here. Her body remembered skills, her muscles strong and her claws sharp.

She was a huntress again, a good one...but a dead one. The pride needed food to survive, and she was well able to bring it back for them. It was just as it had been when she still traveled with the small group of survivors. Each day she still found her eyes opening, still found others needing the skills she employed, still rose and placed one paw before the other.

At first the sight of so many Bonded flashing through the sky had hurt, but even that feeling was gone now. That too was only rational, for feelings and emotions are tied to the spirit and hers lay buried in rubble with her beloved partner.

It was good they were back. She could be put to use here, and the others had longed for their home so. There would be a day for her to find her way back to her den, to curl up and sleep at last, but today was not that day.

Yamini would hunt today, bringing back nourishment for the life of the pride she haunted. Her skill would help it to grow until it flourished once more. Surely that could only be a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:53 am
User Image

Sikivu was settling back into his previous role quite nicely. Whilst he'd been a little rusty to begin with, he'd put it down to being watched by the Captain. He understood Ngao's need to ensure he was capable, but having a pair of eyes trained on you was quite off-putting. Still, he was almost beginning to feel like a new lion - a lion who hadn't been through the horrors of the earthquake.

Patrolling around the Aka'mleli borders, Sikivu took sturdy steps, keeping a steady pace. Circling above him in the sky, as much a guard as he was, Fatiisha cawed down to Sikivu, a warning that she was coming down. He glanced up, watching as she dove to the ground, eventualy slowing and landing on his back gently. Turning to face her, a slightly awkward position for the large lion, he frowned in a confused manner. The falcon wouldn't have come down unless she had something to say.

"Yamini's up ahead - I think she's heading out to hunt," Fatiisha informed her bonded, yet Sikivu's forehead remained creased in a frown. He turned to gaze ahead of him, and soon enough the familiar brown pelt came into sight. Quickening his pace a little, Sikivu called out to his friend, "Yamini!"

He'd been meaning to visit her - out of all of those he'd been caring for, he was the most worried about Yamini. The loss of her bonded had hit her hard, and Sikivu could relate - the loss of his beloved mate would just about be the same as the loss of his beloved bonded, Fatiisha. They were both as much a part of him as he was.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:55 pm

That was her name. Someone had seen her leaving, and might feel obligated to try cheering her up if they saw her looking less than happy. That same small smile fell almost too easily across her features as she turned to face the familiar voice.

Sikivu. He'd looked after all of them, and while she was an adult as well it had been Skivu who had gathered the little ones and guided them home. Her skill at hunting had been useful to him, and she'd been willing to lend it to his cause for the sake of the lives he looked after. But she was not one of those whom he needed to spend his time upon. It was merely wasted with her, she was already gone.

"Good morning Sikivu," Yamini murmured when he'd caught up to her. "I was just about to go hunting." As she always did, every day for as much of the day as possible. And he didn't need to come or fret over her. The dead don't need worry anymore, save it for the living.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:24 am
ooc|| Uh, Zeph, his name's Sikivu? Not Skivu <3

He inclined his head to her at her greeting, smiling politely, "Good morning, Yamini."

He glanced over her, checking she seemed healthy. She was a little thin, but that was what he'd come to expect from the grief-stricken lioness. He himself hadn't eaten for days after his beloved had passed away. But she didn't look any more unhealthy than he remembered, and so his mind was content. Fatiisha clicked her beak as a greeting to Yamini, one the lioness would likely recognize due to the amount of time the group had spent together.

"Hunting?" Sikivu repeated, face brightening, "Why, I'll accompany you! If you're heading out of the borders, you should always do so in pairs."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:44 pm

Yamini nodded her head to him and his bonded in return, though as always she felt that painful twist in the hollow of her chest at the sight of the colorful feathers. He seemed to be doing well. That was good. Sikivu had been the one to drag her from her grave, and while she wasn't entirely positive it had been what she deserved, it had been useful for the little ones. She was glad to be useful. It was the only reason she was still here after all...

"If you'd like," she conceded mildly. Pairs indeed...she and her kite had been all the pair she needed when she was alive... Could anyone wonder that they had died together? "I can manage on my own if you've other matters to attend to." Sikivu was a guard, wasn't he? He probably had other things he needed to do, there was no need for him to take time to look after her...

((Oops, sorry about that! Dunno where my head went))  
[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games