Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Paranoia-Please help me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:22 am
Ok guys, I have a problem. I'm horrifically paranoid--I have a panic attack every time I try to drive, I can't drink something if I walk away from it (even if only for five seconds, in my own home) I can't touch something someone else has touched before cleansing it, I can't sleep, I can't relax...I can't even meditate, so I can't do rituals.

Does anyone know how I can calm myself down? I've gone to a doctor, but their solution was Oxycodone. Which I will not take. I had a friend who got addicted after a surgury...I don't want to end up like him.

Can someone Please help me?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 am
Anti-anxiety meds. They help my mom when she decides to actually take them.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:57 am
It unfortunately sounds like something you're going ot have to take meds for.

I mean, I don't sleep normally, and i think something is constantly in my house with me, but driving and drinking, the more mundane things you probably can't fix on your own.

And i'm not sure it will work, but i have a hard time meditating by myself without getting distracted, so i'd recommend either soft music as you try, or binaural beats. But then again, it might be anxiety which could need meds to solve it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Mmm...I was hoping for somekind of herbal remedy. I strongly dislike medication--I won't even take asprin, because I feel it puts my aura/chi out of whack. Also, the afformentioned friend turned addict.
Thank you, though.

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:28 pm
Oxycodine is some serious stuff. I can't believe doctors prescribe it. It's so easy to get hooked on. But I would definitly go for a generic anti anxiety. They seem to be a little less potent.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:45 pm
RavenxXxPyre
Mmm...I was hoping for somekind of herbal remedy. I strongly dislike medication--I won't even take asprin, because I feel it puts my aura/chi out of whack. Also, the afformentioned friend turned addict.
Thank you, though.

It may be worth noting that aspirin is "herbal medicine", as it is refined and controlled in potency extracted from willow bark.

It sounds like you may need Psychotherapy, likely some that utilizes either systematic desensitization, flooding or both- all of which needs a qualified psychologist to apply properly without compounding your problem.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:27 pm
O.o No offense, but I think I'd be looking for a new doctor if I were you. Prescribing a narcotic pain reliever to treat anxiety and paranoia doesn't seem very smart to me or logical. Especially considering that it's well known to be an addictive drug and generally frowned upon.

I agree that a psychotherapist of some kind could help. You might want to consider medication (NOT oxycodone) but it's not the only option. The hard part is going to be finding a therapist that you're comfortable with and is willing to work with you, but it sounds like that definitely might be what you need. Paranoia generally stems from something else, along with anxiety, so speaking to someone and figuring out the source is a good idea.

And just as an afterthought, your chi can be just as easily thrown out of wack by herbal supplements as it can by over the counter and prescription medication. The key is how the medicine works with your body, not whether it's natural/herbal or not wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:30 pm
oOGarrettOo
O.o No offense, but I think I'd be looking for a new doctor if I were you. Prescribing a narcotic pain reliever to treat anxiety and paranoia doesn't seem very smart to me or logical. Especially considering that it's well known to be an addictive drug and generally frowned upon.

If I recall correctly there is medical precedent for prescribing this particular opiate in cases as described above. It is rare and it may have been done in conjunction with other issues discussed during the visit.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

surukio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:53 pm
RavenxXxPyre
Thank you, though.

maybe ask if he can prescribe a low does of Xanex or Valium, i have moderate PTSD with moderate to severe paranoia, that what they gave me, and i had problems going ape s**t to scared to leave house or to sleep ect....

also some paranoia has a "trigger" cause, for me its things like violent physical fights in a public places or people screaming at each other in anger/rage.

but yes, seeing a certified psychiatrist and thereapist might help, trust me, 15 years of therapy worked WONDERS for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:38 pm
Thanks, all of you. But I think I know what the problem is.
My father.
He keeps showing me these movies where people get kidnapped/killed/raped/all of the above and telling me "See how easy it is? That could be you." Which is what he's doing right now.

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

surukio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:28 pm
RavenxXxPyre
My father.
He keeps showing me these movies where people get kidnapped/killed/raped/all of the above and telling me "See how easy it is? That could be you." Which is what he's doing right now.

... its one thing to worry and keep an eye out, its another to have someone do that to the pointit causing you metal issues, point out to him if he keeps it up its to the point of emotional and mental abuse, and ask aslo if he wants you to have a normal life.

not to mention if he really want you to prevent it its one part learning what to ACUALLY look for and one part having the means and training to defend and get away [martial art + proper parkour{i'll wait before going into the can of worms that is Parkour}] but jsut because you know one and possibly what to look for, doesn't mean you have the means or knowlage to prevent or stop it.

to explain in a different way, if i hadn't had training as a life guard, i wouldn't have saved the man from the bottom of the pool when i was at the hotel, and he would have drowned, BUT i had the training and what happened became second nature [make sense]  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:02 am
Yeah, I try to point that out to him, but he just says something to the effect of "But it really does happen! Don't you watch the news?" Also, my parrents kinda feel my paranoia is a joke, they way they think about all mental/emotional problems. I had a bout with depression not long ago, and though I eventually got throigh it with the help of my friends, my parents refused to do anything but tell me to "Get over myself."

And martial arts is a bit out of the question--I'm frail and kindof sickly, which might have something to do with this obsessive fear of everything. I have very little muscle mass, and virtually zero bone density(lactose intolerant may have something to do with it) I weigh less than 90lbs, soaking wet.

I think in some kindof screwed way, my dad is trying to help me, but it isnt working very well.

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

inuyashahoty22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:08 am
you could try less addictve med, or go to a shrink?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am
RavenxXxPyre
My father.

That's my mom... She thinks every guy I meet is a dirtbag and only wants to use me... Such loving parents. I know they are trying to be protective, but it gets really old when you're over 18.

I would definitly recomend matrial arts of some sort. If just for the self defence. I love Hap Ki Do. And you should see all the little kids that do it now. It is really a good thing to learn so that way if some thing were to happen you would be able to protect yourself. It will also make you stronger.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

surukio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 pm
RavenxXxPyre
Yeah, I try to point that out to him, but he just says something to the effect of "But it really does happen! Don't you watch the news?" Also, my parrents kinda feel my paranoia is a joke, they way they think about all mental/emotional problems. I had a bout with depression not long ago, and though I eventually got throigh it with the help of my friends, my parents refused to do anything but tell me to "Get over myself."

And martial arts is a bit out of the question--I'm frail and kindof sickly, which might have something to do with this obsessive fear of everything. I have very little muscle mass, and virtually zero bone density(lactose intolerant may have something to do with it) I weigh less than 90lbs, soaking wet.

I think in some kindof screwed way, my dad is trying to help me, but it isnt working very well.

no problems, if your lactose [i'm both lactose and gluten intolerant] try using soy milk and a protien supplement [ froma vitamin or health food store] to help gain muscle mass along with a a non-dairy calcium +d supplement.

as for Parkour, its a movement art as opososed to a martial art and its about gettin AWAY from danger by the quieckest means possible, yeah you could learn all the fancy shmancy tricking and such, but most BASICALLY it point a to b to c either by running, vaulting, and going over and a round object. this is also trained for by many means, most women use dance+gymnastics+track and field ^_^

martial arts is a handy thing that can help, but i seguest this because i was taught some, and even if you sickly it never hurts and can acually help you feel batter. ^_^  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games