Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
SC2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:38 pm
No, this isn't a glorious return. Will there ever be one? Maybe someday... only if a lot of regulars for some reason return too (I've found that while I'm getting older the average age of people on the video game discussion forum that I can recruit is not)

anyways, my starcraft 2 (battle.net) account is email: nitnit4545@gmail.com if anyone else has this amazing game, add me, and if you don't, go get the game!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:02 pm
I'm still in the boat of "need to get this game".

As someone who has it, though, how highly would you recommend it? Is it a worthy successor after 11 years?  

darkslasherX
Crew

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:12 am
I'm really not a fan of RTS games, but the more I see of Starcraft 2, the more I'm impressed. My current computers can't run it, but I'm going to be getting a new laptop this Saturday, and I might just pick this one up.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:46 pm
darkslasherX
I'm still in the boat of "need to get this game".

Same.

Though I'd also need to get a new computer to run it.  

pathetic_negi_magician

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:10 pm
No i'm in the no money to get it position stare , but starcraft beats command and conqueor any day.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:46 pm
3 of my friends have told me to get this game, I said i wasn't really sure about it but he offered me a guest pass to see if it's worth it or not for me. biggrin  

Lt Gigglebottom

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:31 pm
darkslasherX
As someone who has it, though, how highly would you recommend it? Is it a worthy successor after 11 years?

I'd put it as the second best RTS ever, behind SC1.

Having said that.. not many RTSes really impress me that much

Also, you can run it on a laptop that's 4 years old. Like I am. You just have to play on low settings (2 gigs of DDR2 RAM to put things into perspective)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm
So yeah sorry to go off subject here, but i recently found the quake 4 bonus disc in a case under my bed, and played it on my xbox and saw quake 2, and i shouted f***ing win!, and really awesome game, don't see why doom is better than this, i mean yeah first fps known publicly, but no it's got nothing on quake 1-3, 4 wasn't that great except for the dark matter gun, so yeah if you don't have it get it, either by torrenting, or buying quake 4, should be less than $ 7.00.  

The Ginger Dude

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:24 am
Yes, I've played both Quake and Doom, and overall enjoyed Quake more.

Also couldn't you have just started a new thread, this one's about SC2, lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:19 pm
My brother keeps telling me that I need to get this game. However my gaming funds are tied up in replacing my PSP-2000 as mine is getting a burnt out screen out. Sucks man... sad

Also, my laptop lacks the capabilities to play it.  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:44 pm
No offense to anyone,but I'm just not into PC games ninja I think I'll just stick to playing games on my Wii and Xbox 360  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:12 pm
Michael RD
No offense to anyone,but I'm just not into PC games ninja I think I'll just stick to playing games on my Wii and Xbox 360

No offense to you, but this post really wasn't necessary at all...  

nitnit
Captain

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces