[PRP] Birdland (Mirsajadi & Ender)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 pm
User ImageDays had passed since Mirsajadi's last excursion out of the den, and the striped cub was growing restless. It was past time he made another daring escape. He no longer had to steel his nerves to convince himself to slip away from whichever banu was caring for him and his siblings, just as he had no difficulty blending in with the den so that his siblings wouldn't notice him leaving either. Once he'd left the den there was an open area which was perilous because it was easy to see from within the den and the grass was not quite tall enough not to move with the cub slinking through it.

He made it through all that with what was becoming practiced ease, working his way toward the main area of the pride. A small part of him that he ignored quite firmly hoped he might run into the small blue banu he'd met some days ago and raced with. He'd liked her a great deal, which wasn't appropriate for a pesar of his status, even if she was the daughter of the sultan's brother.

It was as he conducted this internal debate over the propriety of enjoying a banu's company, a banu to whom he had not been formally and officially introduced, that he caught sight of a blue figure in much the same area he'd met Zoey. What a stroke of good fortune!

He did not race forward to greet her, for that would have been unseemly as well as attracting attention from any adult who happened to be watching. Adults always seemed to assume cubs who were running were running away and returned them to dens. Instead he approached with a purposeful stride until he was close enough for a greeting to be heard without shouting.

"Good morning...you're not Banu Arezoo."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:23 pm
User Image

It had nearly scared the blue right out of his pelt.

Ender had been enjoying an afternoon walk by himself, without the company of those he had loved, or become acquainted to within the last little while since his beginnings of his amazing escapades outside of his den, the uneven eyed Pesar with a penchant for the outside. He really hadn't expected anyone to be around, having been one of those weather days where one didn't know if the sun was going to hang around, or if the sky was going to split open and make any poor b*****d outside very sorry that they had left their warm, dry den. But, someone WAS outside, and WAS behind him.

With a little jump from fright, Ender's eyes were that of a saucer, the uneven gaze turning back behind him, his vision producing the body of a smaller Pesar, a dark, burn colour turning into a gold, like that of Banu Zahira. Eyebrows reaching the sky, it took Ender a few moments to generate what the youthful voice had chidded, before breaking out in a soft smile, laughing out his fear.

"No! No, I am not Sister Arezoo!" He chirped out, between chuckles, his eyes glowing with newfound amusement. "She would be highly amused that you thought that way though, friend."

Turning around, he sized the cub up and down, before breaking out in a smile again, warm and content. "I am her brother, Ender, of the same father and mother. I see you've met her before?"

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 pm
Seeing that his mistake had not angered the older pesar, Mirsajadi relaxed and grinned. That seemed like a good sign to him that an older pesar whose father was the sultan's brother was in a good humor. Oh, it was good indeed.

"Do you think so?" Mirsajadi asked as he continued to grin. "I only met her the one time. But she seemed really nice."

He was still stuck on the word 'nice' as an adjective, but then he wasn't all that old, and his vocabulary was not particularly expansive. Someday he would learn better adjectives, just as he would someday learn to wield his father's grin like a weapon. For the time being, however, his internal lexicon was limited and his grin was mostly his own.

"I'm pleased to meet you, Ender. I'm Mirsajadi. Tariq'ra'd is my father." He was very proud to be his father's son, even knowing as he did now that not everyone in the pride liked his father. Apparently Ender and Zoey's mother thought Mirsajadi's father was a bad lion, and dangerous. He still didn't understand that, really. He'd only ever seen his father punish people within the family when they'd done something to provoke him.

Looking at Ender, Mirsajadi couldn't see how he had mistaken the pesar for his sister. They were both blue, it was true, but they were very obviously not the same lion. Most notably, Mirsajadi thought, Ender's eyes were differently colored. He'd never seen anyone with eyes like that, and now, having noticed them, he couldn't stop staring.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:00 pm
"I am sure that she would see no ill-intent in having you as a friend." he murmured contently to the youth, his eyes smiling, showing his truths. This cub was kind and rather . . . cute. Sweet minded and innocent, he made the juvenile pesar amused with his antics. Sitting back down, he cocked his head to the right a little, nodding as the youth introduced himself, eyes watching him contently.

"A pleasure, dear Brother Mirsajadi - I know of Tariq'ra'd, he is a father of many, and seems to carry himself well." He murmured, "My mother may not think the same way, but there is only so much one can say or do, right?" He finished, thinking a little. During his thought process, he realized that the younger pesar had been watching him intently, or well, he was looking at his eyes.

It was a first for him, not used to the attention he was getting for them - his siblings had been raised around him, so suddenly being looked at made him a little unnerved, he averted his glances for the moment, clearing his throat. "Are . . . are my eyes odd to you?"

Wandered

Crew

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:34 am
Mirsajadi dropped his gaze abruptly, embarrassed at having been caught in the act of staring. His father would have been so angry if he were to learn that any son of his had behaved like a barbarian just because another lion had unusual eyes. That he had been so obvious that Ender could guess what he was looking at was a source of even more embarrassment for the striped pesar.

"Right," Mirsajadi agreed, though his personal opinion was that one could always do more. There was no reason to settle for less than perfection. He was too young to accept anything else, particularly with a father whose demands were as exacting as Tariq'ra'd's were.

"I should not have been staring, but they are different," he admitted. "I've never met anyone whose eyes are quite like yours."

He wanted to ask if things looked different to Ender, but he realized before the words formed that the older pesar would have no basis for comparison and thus no idea if things looked different to him than they did to everyone else. Frustrating, that, but at least he'd not been silly enough to ask it.

He felt a little lame explaining, "They're nice."

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff