Submit

Mom Should Have Swallowed

Wheezing Smoker

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:33 pm
But I don't think Eden was all that bad of a guy. He was just another politic, he just wanted what he thought was best for this country, just like every other politic, they want the country to be pure and just. The Colonel, is the corrupt part of the Enclave, he's the one that was in charge of the troops, I'm sure Eden didn't want them to kill innocent wastelanders, but The Colonel told them too.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:17 am
Well looking form a neutrals point of view, yeah i would agree with you. However in the end he wanted you to stop project purity, which if you think about it would only hurt "his" country. Plus to play the part i had to wreck havoc in there since they killed my dad razz (the first time playing is what fueled me to slaughter XD).

I will say this though, Armor-wise the enclave have awesome looking armor and pretty good conditioned armor as well. I spent the remainder of the game sporting the Telsa Armor lol.

So, yes i agree with you to a point. However... who would want a computer for a president? O.O can you say.... Terminator? dun dun dun....  

Samanosuke_Tenchi

3,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

The Holy Comedian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:14 pm
It's true that he really only has the best intentions, also he doesn't want to destroy project purity, he wants to use it to destroy all mutation (still pretty bad considering all those poor ghouls). I can't ever help but feel a little sad when I convince him to kill himself, after all it is a pretty miraculous that a computer gained consciousness right?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:10 am
They really aren't that bad when you think about it. The fact that regular wastelanders would die from exposure to their virus was seen as an acceptable loss from their point of view. They wanted to preserve humanity, and make it possible to live in their country again.

The wastelanders are a small portion of (mostly) corrupt people who would kill for as little as a bottle of water. If I was dropped in the world and got to choose between that and an organized, disciplined army with serious tech, I would obviously go for the army. I assume a similar thought ran through the computer when calculating the survival of humanity as a whole. It was probably two birds with one stone. Get pure water for the organized army which acts as poison to the ones who would still be killing each other if they were the only ones left.

As for the Colonel being evil, what's the point in being nice to a bunch of people that are gonna die if you get your way? That would be like making a plan to kill your neighbors, then becoming good friends with them. If you get emotionally attached, you're less likely to go through with the plan, even if your success means survival for all of humanity. It's also pretty clear why he didn't want you leaving their base. You've killed several of his soldiers by this point in the game, and have all the knowledge necessary to foil their plans. He's afraid that if you link up with the Brotherhood of Steel people then you will get enough firepower to actually do just that. Which, in all fairness, he's totally right about.

TL;DR: If your plan to save the world was going to kill a bunch of people, would you go out of your way to make them like you or just be direct with your plan and not let them get in your way?  

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

John Adder

Thirteenth Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:52 pm
I know Autum was the Commander in the field and was probably responsable for many deaths first hand... but he didnt want to use the FEV Virus in the purifier....  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:34 pm
Roane Farhall
They really aren't that bad when you think about it. The fact that regular wastelanders would die from exposure to their virus was seen as an acceptable loss from their point of view. They wanted to preserve humanity, and make it possible to live in their country again.

The wastelanders are a small portion of (mostly) corrupt people who would kill for as little as a bottle of water. If I was dropped in the world and got to choose between that and an organized, disciplined army with serious tech, I would obviously go for the army. I assume a similar thought ran through the computer when calculating the survival of humanity as a whole. It was probably two birds with one stone. Get pure water for the organized army which acts as poison to the ones who would still be killing each other if they were the only ones left.

As for the Colonel being evil, what's the point in being nice to a bunch of people that are gonna die if you get your way? That would be like making a plan to kill your neighbors, then becoming good friends with them. If you get emotionally attached, you're less likely to go through with the plan, even if your success means survival for all of humanity. It's also pretty clear why he didn't want you leaving their base. You've killed several of his soldiers by this point in the game, and have all the knowledge necessary to foil their plans. He's afraid that if you link up with the Brotherhood of Steel people then you will get enough firepower to actually do just that. Which, in all fairness, he's totally right about.

TL;DR: If your plan to save the world was going to kill a bunch of people, would you go out of your way to make them like you or just be direct with your plan and not let them get in your way?

i agree with u when it comes to this but dont the game sees it as bad and u get bad Kama for doing this tho?..  

thunderlord2200

Fallout 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff