Kaz Vicious

Wheezing Smoker

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:26 pm
Where abouts are you moving to?

http://www.colesmyer.com/Careers/ is one of them.
http://www.mycareer.com.au/
and
http://www.seek.com.au/

Good luck! And if you're moving to Melbourne, don't hesitate to pay me a visit!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:43 am
if you want a job almost guaranteed, become a dishy for a restaurant, i got a call back within 24 hours to work that night.... and you get free food and coffee razz  

scruffy012

scruffy012

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:16 pm
ohh or even a waitress, places in teh city are screaming out for them... basically if youw ant a job, think what others are not thinking about, or are placing last on their lists...

there are some places that will snap you up the day you apply...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:23 pm
scruffy012
ohh or even a waitress, places in teh city are screaming out for them... basically if youw ant a job, think what others are not thinking about, or are placing last on their lists...

there are some places that will snap you up the day you apply...

yea, my first job was me walking into a restaurant and asking if i could get a job there, got hired right on the spot to work that night! eek it was crap pay though gonk  

passionberry

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:01 am
you're all dead cuz of the new IR laws!!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:04 pm
nrasjaa

Huh?  

JewelsSparkle

evilwickedstrawberry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:11 am
JewelsSparkle
nrasjaa

Huh?

The gov't has just passed a new set of industrial work laws, which supposedly (I don't know a lot about the matter) remove a lot of the old, Union-oriented laws in favour of employees. I don't think they'd have a lot of effect on minor workers, though.

I'm gunna get my first job soon! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:16 pm
I am planning to move to Melbourne, so hopefully while I down there I can find a job soon and just stay down there after my orginal trip. sweatdrop

Sezebel

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:02 pm
no stupids!!!

the new law has bits in it which state that employers can change your hours and stuff with out consent and dont have to follow stuff hence givin you low wages and no extra pay on sundays. they can also kick your a** outta the joint if they want no worries 3nodding basically the IR laws are s**t, and they gonna be shittiest for you  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:29 am
nrasjaa
no stupids!!!

the new law has bits in it which state that employers can change your hours and stuff with out consent and dont have to follow stuff hence givin you low wages and no extra pay on sundays. they can also kick your a** outta the joint if they want no worries 3nodding basically the IR laws are s**t, and they gonna be shittiest for you

yeah shes right there, basically the government passed the bill, to return the old IR lawsback in, so unfair dismissal is now back in, and we can do nothing about it...  

scruffy012

musicalnotez234

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:21 pm
KFC! ;D I work there and its great..... No really. Thats no lie. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:50 pm
If you are looking for something in fashion retail try,

http://www.cottonon.com.au

They have HEAPS of positions opening in Melbourne. They are excellent employers and they are easy to get a job with.

I haven't worked since I was 18(I had kids and stayed at home with them), I'm now 22 almost 23 and they hired me no probs smile  

BrokenAngel83

xxx_Saz_xxx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:16 pm
you can always try places liek McDonalds and stuff. But even i havent gotten a job yet and ive been looking since i was 14yrs old, and im almost 17 now and i still havent gotten a job! its so hard these days cuz they want ppl with experience and stuff,and how are you meant to have experience if you cant get a job in the first place!?!! grr!!  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff