Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
i got the most hilarious message on myspace today. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:00 am
Sanguina Cruenta
It does make you wonder, though. Giving the kid alcohol is part of the Frosts' initiation ceremony.

I mean chances are she's bullshitting to get attention but still, one wonders...

Maybe I'm not getting the same thing out of her message. I read it as "I was drunk when I posted that message", not "I was drunk when I was initiated".  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:35 pm
Oh sorry, I got a bit tangled up there somewhere xd  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:24 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Oh sorry, I got a bit tangled up there somewhere xd

I do it all the time! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:02 am
Well, just to put it out there, you don't need to be initiated into a coven to be a true Wiccan. There are a lot of solitaries out there, including myself! A self initiation ritual is really all ya need. But power to you for putting her in her place, honey! If she were a true Wiccan she wouldn't be sending you rude messages on Myspace. She probably knows just a little bit and thinks she's the Alpha wolf. But good job handling it, I'm sure it will shut her up smile  

Kallian Shade

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:36 am
Elektrya
Well, just to put it out there, you don't need to be initiated into a coven to be a true Wiccan. There are a lot of solitaries out there, including myself! A self initiation ritual is really all ya need. But power to you for putting her in her place, honey! If she were a true Wiccan she wouldn't be sending you rude messages on Myspace. She probably knows just a little bit and thinks she's the Alpha wolf. But good job handling it, I'm sure it will shut her up smile

Oh, I don't know. There's nothing in the rule book that says Wiccans can't be rude.

Incidentally, there's a thread on Wicca stickied in the main forum. We'd appreciate it if you read it. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 am
Either several people replied to your messages, or that girl has some serious problem.  

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:11 am
Elektrya

If you're going to make posts in a guild you're not a member of, it would serve you well to read all the stickies on the main forum of said guild to better understand where you're posting.

This guild holds Wicca to be an initiatory, Mystery-based oathbound witchcult. Members cannot initiate themselves, or practice the religion as a solitary. The practice of Wicca requires a coven to be done properly.

You cannot self-initiate into a group of people. If you are not already a member of the group, you cannot confer membership of the group onto yourself.

Witchcraft may be practiced as a solitary easily. But it is not a religion - rather, as it says, it is a craft. All Wiccans are also witches, but Wicca itself cannot be practiced alone.

There is no law that requires Wiccans to be nice, or polite. Wicca doesn't choose to dictate beliefs or behavior to its' initiates, outside of what exists in the Ardanes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:00 am
Morgandria
Elektrya

If you're going to make posts in a guild you're not a member of, it would serve you well to read all the stickies on the main forum of said guild to better understand where you're posting.

This guild holds Wicca to be an initiatory, Mystery-based oathbound witchcult. Members cannot initiate themselves, or practice the religion as a solitary. The practice of Wicca requires a coven to be done properly.

You cannot self-initiate into a group of people. If you are not already a member of the group, you cannot confer membership of the group onto yourself.

Witchcraft may be practiced as a solitary easily. But it is not a religion - rather, as it says, it is a craft. All Wiccans are also witches, but Wicca itself cannot be practiced alone.

There is no law that requires Wiccans to be nice, or polite. Wicca doesn't choose to dictate beliefs or behavior to its' initiates, outside of what exists in the Ardanes.

Just because the guild holds that you cant be a solitary wiccan doesnt mean that others cant think that they cant. It might not make them a "true" wiccan but i think it should still count its their belief.  

-Vampire_of_Nyx-

Toxic Nymph

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:18 am
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
Just because the guild holds that you cant be a solitary wiccan doesnt mean that others cant think that they cant. It might not make them a "true" wiccan but i think it should still count its their belief.

You should read the sticky in the main forum. Basically, because of what Wicca is, it's not possible to practice it alone.

No one's saying people can't practice and believe what they please, just that that's not Wicca.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:28 am
-Vampire_of_Nyx-
Morgandria
Elektrya

No,it doesn't work like that.
the only way you can be Wiccan is to be initiated,because you cannot learn any of Wiccas secrets without being initiated.
That stuff in all the ''how to be wiccan'' books? Thats not Wicca,It's just neo-paganism with a wiccan flavour.

Bad Quality Serena

*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games